LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

How many LS Crafted Line Owners

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-16, 03:58 AM
Rhambler
Lexus Test Driver

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

That's pretty awesome. Rare car indeed. I can't recall seeing anyone else here with one.

You get the Tumi luggage with it as well or did the previous owner keep that? At least I think those cars came with Tumi luggage.

Red interior?
Old 05-30-16, 05:48 AM
Biggotis06
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Rhambler, I guess that Tumi Luggage was so nice that the original buyer decided to keep it. But I have seen where these cars came with that. I somehow feel shortchanged since you brought this up!
Old 05-31-16, 07:41 PM
melymel96
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Biggotis06
Rhambler, I guess that Tumi Luggage was so nice that the original buyer decided to keep it. But I have seen where these cars came with that. I somehow feel shortchanged since you brought this up!
If you ever want to get rid of your floor mats I'll take them lol. I almost got a crafted line myself but ended up backing out. I do like the floor mats and was told that Lexus will only sell them to crafted line owners as they have to register the VIN. =/

Congrats on the new car.
Old 06-03-16, 02:29 AM
whitewater
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

nice looking LS. Congrats!
Old 06-03-16, 03:33 PM
Biggotis06
Rookie

Thanks guys. Sure am enjoying the car
Old 06-03-16, 08:36 PM
Kennyr44
Lead Lap

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

Thanks guys. Sure am enjoying the car
That is one sick car dude.
Old 06-07-16, 09:20 PM
CyberGuy
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello guys. I am new to this forum. I have also bought this car a few weeks ago. I do not even have the license plate yet. LOL.

I do get compliments on this car from strangers. I never get any compliments on my brand new 2011 F10 BMW a few years back when the F10 model first came out.

I guess the white color with black wheels and black handles look unique to get compliments.

Also, my LS 460 Crafted Line had only 3,750 miles on it. I had to get it and the salesman told me no negotiation on that car. :-( He knew it was a rare car and will be sold eventually with such low mileage.
Old 06-07-16, 10:29 PM
Biggotis06
Rookie

Congrats CyberGuy! I'm still waiting on my license as well. The BMW was a great car for me, although I never had the drivetrain malfunction you mentioned in another post. Did you have the CCP done on your BMW? Anyhow loving my LS as it is way more comfortable to me (I'm a big guy 6'3-315lbs). It doesn't have near the power of the 550, but I'm praying I won't have any of the costly and dreaded BMW problems either. The LS has enough power for me. I'm happy with the switch. Mine had 4900 miles on it when I bought it. The fella that bought it 6 months ago traded it back in on a GS-F. I think that's the new bad-*** sedan they just came out with. Too small for me! My LS is just what I wanted, and like I say they will outlast your payment book. What did you have to give on yours CyberGuy if it's any of my business. I gave 69,995 for mine. It was pristine. Couldn't have afforded it if I hadn't had some healthy equity in my 550.
Old 06-08-16, 07:14 AM
CyberGuy
Driver School Candidate

Biggotis06,

The original sticker price for this used Crafted Line LS 460 was $78,991 (such big depreciation for only 3,750 miles on it) and it was offered at the Mercedes dealership at only $67,125. I thought that this was a good deal so I did not even bargain after the salesman said "no negotiation" on that car.

Out the door with tax and registration was about $73,000. I think it is still a good deal.

I really like the car. Very comfortable.

Notice the BMW 550i in the back of the LS 460 ? I replaced the 2011 F10 BMW 550i with the Crafted Line LS 460. I will never buy a brand new BMW again because of how fast the depreciation of a BMW and the high maintenance cost due to poor reliability.

Hopefully this Lexus will be much more reliable.

Last edited by CyberGuy; 06-08-16 at 07:11 PM.
Old 06-08-16, 07:14 PM
CyberGuy
Driver School Candidate

By the way, I did not get the Tumi luggage set due to buying a used car LOL.
Old 06-09-16, 12:32 AM
Biggotis06
Rookie

Yep I got jacked on the luggage too. Just as well, as that would have made the price go up severely Yours is a beauty as well. Just hand washed mine this evening. Take care and keep us updated on your ownership experience.
Old 06-09-16, 12:09 PM
7milesout
Advanced

Received 78 Likes on 62 Posts

Biggotis06 - I have a few questions for you, just humor me and answer. I'll explain later. But first, I didn't much care for the first few Crafted Line cars I saw. But yours has them growing on me. I don't know if it's the roof or what. But yes, don't change the black roof.

So here's the questions:

Do you know me? Have I PM'd you ever? Do you own a 14 mm socket & socket wrench? If so, do you have any problem with using said socket wrench?

7milesout
Old 06-09-16, 01:09 PM
Biggotis06
Rookie

Ok 7milesout I'll take the bait.

I don't think I know you. I don't think you ever pm'd me. Yes I have the tools and it's been a while since I had to use said wrench. OK hang me out to dry! What's up?
Old 06-09-16, 01:23 PM
Dr. Jekyll
Lexus Champion

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts

I don't think I know you. I don't think you ever pm'd me. Yes I have the tools and it's been a while since I had to use said wrench. OK hang me out to dry! What's up?
And the plot thickens!
Old 06-09-16, 01:53 PM
7milesout
Advanced

Received 78 Likes on 62 Posts

Your car is so nice looking, it's just missing something. Let's see, what could it be ... hmmmmmmmm. I KNOW, Exhaust Vents!

I thought I had given out every one of the samples I had, but I just misplaced them in the back of my truck, and found them Tuesday when my son and I were messing around getting his bmx stuff out.

Would you be interested in my very last set of Exhaust Vents ... FOR FREE!? If you don't know anything about them, there's a thread or 2 still view-able you can read about them. It should take no more than about 15 minutes to install.

It would just round out your car real well. Not trying to sell them, I just like your car and think having it sound nice would be the icing on the cake.

Let me know what you think.

7milesout

Quick Reply: How many LS Crafted Line Owners