LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Raise your hand if you think this looks good

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-16, 09:14 AM
CRowe14
Lexus Test Driver

Received 64 Likes on 45 Posts

DevH!!!
I was beginning to think that you didn't like us anymore!
Glad to see you back, as I consider you one of a kind.
Also, though I may have not selected it myself, your LS is really quite elegant and it definitely stands out for all the right reasons.
The elimination of the chrome strip and maybe blacking out the antenna fin would finish the car perfectly.
But even if you didn't take it upon yourself to make the alterations, the car still stands as a great looking car.
Old 05-25-16, 09:37 AM
Devh
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by CRowe14
DevH!!!
I was beginning to think that you didn't like us anymore!
Glad to see you back, as I consider you one of a kind.
Also, though I may have not selected it myself, your LS is really quite elegant and it definitely stands out for all the right reasons.
The elimination of the chrome strip and maybe blacking out the antenna fin would finish the car perfectly.
But even if you didn't take it upon yourself to make the alterations, the car still stands as a great looking car.
It's good to hear from you as well and thanks for the kind words. Your type of camaraderie is why I like this forum.
I got bored with the car honestly but in a good way because it has been trouble free. I don't have any plans to modify or otherwise and have place my efforts on my other car which is a lot more focused and fun to drive. To me the LS460 is a 747.

Having said that I also think removal of the chrome strip and the antenna blackened would really subdue the car and make car as a whole look fantastic. I may take some new pictures after it's done with my new 50 megapixel camera and Carl Zeiss optics.

Last edited by Devh; 05-25-16 at 12:07 PM.
Old 05-25-16, 09:47 AM
CRowe14
Lexus Test Driver

Received 64 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by Devh
It's good to hear from you as well and thanks for the kind words. Your type of camaraderie is why I like this forum.
I got bored with the car honestly but in a good way because it has been trouble free. I don't have any plans to modify or otherwise and have place my efforts on my other car which a lot more focused and fun to drive. To me the LS460 is a 747.

Having said that I too think removal of the chrome strip and the antenna blackened would really subdue the car and make car as a whole look fantastic. I may take some new pictures after it's done with my new 50 megapixel camera and Carl Zeiss optics.
Great, great to hear!
Though I have an older model, I honestly love and enjoy this car. It, to me, is just a classic vehicle and owning it has been an absolute pleasure. Funny, because I too find it a joy to drive, but I know others have issued the statement in saying that's its a boring car. I guess I can see that, but personally, the power is there when you want it. Now taking "2 wheel" off ramp turns/corners may prove to be a challenge, but then, there are only a handful of sports cars who can execute that task with excellence.
And a 50mp CZ optic camera??
I'd have to assume that thing produces photos on par with OLED/4K+ imagery!
Old 05-25-16, 10:07 AM
Devh
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by CRowe14
Great, great to hear!
Though I have an older model, I honestly love and enjoy this car. It, to me, is just a classic vehicle and owning it has been an absolute pleasure. Funny, because I too find it a joy to drive, but I know others have issued the statement in saying that's its a boring car. I guess I can see that, but personally, the power is there when you want it. Now taking "2 wheel" off ramp turns/corners may prove to be a challenge, but then, there are only a handful of sports cars who can execute that task with excellence.
And a 50mp CZ optic camera??
I'd have to assume that thing produces photos on par with OLED/4K+ imagery!
Boring is a good thing. A 747 is Boring but what it brings to the table is smoothness, refinement. and quietness. It flys close to the speed of sound and has enough power with the RR engine option. In my opinion it's mission accomplished if you can sleep like a baby and you are not tired after the flight. You know you are in a DC10 when the passengers start fighting.

People lose sight of what real luxury is about, it's not about trying to turn this car into a sporty vehicle or a dragster.

In regard to the camera it can produce stunning images if it's used right like any tool otherwise a 21mp camera will do fine in the right hands. It will probably look it's best on an 8K monitor if there is one and even better if it's OLED. In one way having more detail can be amazing but on the other it's very easy to mess up and show flaws in your technique or even what your shoot so it's not for everyone. The reason why I have this camera is to give me an edge for paid shoots as a product photographer. The Zeiss optics allows better color saturation and contrast to give what most people call the 3D pop.

Last edited by Devh; 05-25-16 at 10:41 AM.
Old 05-25-16, 10:38 AM
superdenso
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Performance depends on perspective.

The following stats' changed my opinion of the LS; in particular the slalom and the elapsed 0-60 times:

http://www.edmunds.com/lexus/ls-460/...st-specs1.html
http://www.edmunds.com/rolls-royce/p...ad-test-specs/