LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Data Controller questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-16, 04:40 PM
slimjimtel
Lead Lap

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Data Controller questions

I have a 2010 LS600hL with air suspension

I would like to get a data controller but I have these questions.
I want to bring the ride height down a little, NOT real low, just take some of the wheel gap out.

If I lowered the car with the data controller say 1.5" front and back, what does this do for the Camber?
Will I need adjustable control arms or control arm brackets to get the rear camber back to street alignment?
Are the fronts affected?
How many of you have seen premature tire wear due to this controller?
80k on car, already had 2 rear air shocks replaced.
Have any of you seen shock failure due to this?
And the biggest question...Where is the best place/price to find one?
Old 05-19-16, 12:16 PM
Rhambler
Lexus Test Driver

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

That's a good question. I presume that camber isn't negatively effected if it raises or lowers to within what it was originally designed to do, meaning the geometry isn't changed much provided it raises or lowers to what it was designed for.

Now whether that favorable geometry extends beyond what the engineers had in mind is another story. Personally, I think it may impact camber, but if you do adjust camber to fix the geometry for that overly-lowered state, then wouldn't that make it bad for the normal state?

Again, I'm just speculating, but of course, you can, prior to lowering it with the module, measure camber in its native state then after you force lower it. If they are both within specs, no worries.
Old 05-19-16, 01:07 PM
CJITTY

Received 146 Likes on 109 Posts

Not sure if you checked our FAQ forum here in the 4th Gen section, but these links should help. If you google camber, 460, air suspension and clublexus.com you will get a ton of information. I suggest reviewing those threads to help you out since the information is already out there. Quick answer is yes, you will burn through inside tire edges much faster if you ride lower on these cars regardless of air suspension lowering or lowering springs. Many of the people I know locally with data controllers including myself ride on factory height most of the time since the car lowers down as you drive anyway, especially over 60mph. If I drive aggressive, it lowers..many times I pull in my driveway after driving and look at the car. Soon after I stop, it begins to raise up a little. So based on our 3-4 years using the controller, drive it at normal height for the 9 to 5 workweek and then drop it down for weekend flossin around town and then dump it for CL or other car meets and keep the tires much much longer since there are no affordable camber adjustment options quite honestly

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-...edge-here.html

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls4...fo-thread.html

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/bui...ml#post8363258

Last edited by CJITTY; 05-19-16 at 01:12 PM.