LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

My wife is not impressed.

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-16, 09:43 PM
Kennyr44
Lead Lap

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

She just thinks cars are worthless. You have to crawl over bumps and in and out of driveways. They don't hold big objects. Your sitting down low and cant see all surroundings as good. In general they cost the same as SUV's and she could care less about gas mileage. She does have a strong case, not that she is going to turn a car guys preference.
Old 05-18-16, 10:59 PM
islandbeef
Racer

Received 62 Likes on 38 Posts

Did she grow up taking the subway?
Old 05-19-16, 01:22 AM
Doublebase
Pole Position

Received 352 Likes on 243 Posts

Originally Posted by Kennyr44
She just thinks cars are worthless. You have to crawl over bumps and in and out of driveways. They don't hold big objects. Your sitting down low and cant see all surroundings as good. In general they cost the same as SUV's and she could care less about gas mileage. She does have a strong case, not that she is going to turn a car guys preference.
My wife could care less about cars either...until I got the LS...now she wants "something nicer for herself". Which I'm all for, except one thing...she doesn't care about cars...doesn't care about scratches, keeping the thing clean, etc. Right now she has a pretty nice Honda CRV; when we bought it she kept it clean for about a week, now there's two inches of dust on the dash, trash all over the floor, coffee stains all over the place, dog hair everywhere (she likes to take our dog for rides) and the back is full of all sorts of junk. The outside is even worse - there's literally a new scratch on the thing weekly - and I understand some of that is out of her control, but whenever I aske her about it she answers, " oh I didn't see that, I don't know how that got there, wow". Every time. And then a second later she could care less. And you know what? I don't really care anymore, I try to clean her cars 3-4 times a year, do the maintenance regularly, but that's it. I'm meticulous with my own car, but I don't bother with hers because she doesn't care an ounce about them...but now she wants something high end? For what? So she and the dog can feel better as they vandalize the thing? And I'll probably end up getting her something anyway, why fight? But then I'll care about the car...I'll have to care of the thing...it'll be like getting myself a part time job. I don't want a part time job.
Old 05-19-16, 05:05 AM
DJWLDW
Pole Position

Received 420 Likes on 312 Posts

Just a thought. You might explain that it appears that the CRV is as high end as she can handle right now. A RAV4 could be in her future but it might require a "personal growth moment".

Dennis
Old 05-19-16, 05:27 AM
dlbuckls10
Racer

Received 96 Likes on 80 Posts

Some men and women just isn't impressed with any automobiles and its just a way to be from point A to B.
Old 05-19-16, 07:53 AM
Littleguy
Intermediate

Received 44 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by DriftGirl
Insecure car-guys...the worst
I was expressing my preference in a romantic relationship. The fact that you take it as insecurity is one of the annoying factors.

Last edited by Littleguy; 05-19-16 at 07:58 AM.
Old 05-19-16, 07:56 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,128 Likes on 1,298 Posts

OK folks, let's move on from the personal comments please.
Old 05-19-16, 09:06 AM
UZ214
Pole Position

Received 221 Likes on 163 Posts

1+ my wife thinks the same-
Originally Posted by Kennyr44
Old 05-19-16, 10:53 AM
jasone36
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Ladies often think cars don't matter... until you put them into a Geo Metro rental for a week
Old 05-19-16, 01:37 PM
aeggroup
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jasone36
Ladies often think cars don't matter... until you put them into a Geo Metro rental for a week
haha...my wife would walk for the whole week
Old 05-19-16, 02:19 PM
droclex
Pit Crew

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Been following this thread and I just want to offer my $.02. Those of us who appreciate and cherish what great cars have to offer tend to pay attention to and value certain subtle elements that many can overlook. That's how it goes, like some individuals taste a very rare, quality bottle of wine and can't distinguish it from an everyday, cheaper variety. When it comes to cars, the question for non-car people is: are you comfortable and do you feel secure? That query, to me, taps into the more practical priority that many non-car people place on the driving experience. Non-car people aren't going to rejoice the smooth power of the 4.6 (unless they get to drive at some point, but even then they may not notice). Non-car people might overlook the absence of squeaks and rattles, failing to appreciate how the car is impeccably assembled. Non-car people might fail to appreciate the paint's luster and durability. Non-car people might ignore the quality of the leather throughout the cabin. Non-car people might fail to hear the aural quality of the Levinson system. Non-car people might completely ignore the beauty of the vehicle's long-lasting mechanics, etc..

I guess my point is that many people are focused on more trendy car-related subjects (like Tesla/electric power), and that attention to a broader set of fundamental details and design, such that make the LS so special, will often escape the casual eye, regardless of gender.

Last edited by droclex; 05-19-16 at 02:24 PM.
Old 05-19-16, 06:10 PM
UZ214
Pole Position

Received 221 Likes on 163 Posts

its funny you say that because i bought her a Prius when the gas was like 5 bucks a gallon. She sat in it once --most of the time she drove my ISF and i was driving a prius. LOL
Originally Posted by jasone36
Old 05-19-16, 06:43 PM
7milesout
Advanced

Received 78 Likes on 62 Posts

If my wife ever popped the hood (when pigs fly) and under the hood was a gerbil running on a wheel, for power, she wouldn't know the difference or care. Then she'd walk away and leave the hood up even if a thunderstorm was impending. She just doesn't care. She wants a nice looking vehicle, but takes no personal responsibility for it. If she weren't married, she'd be driving a hooptie that was a nice car when purchased.
Old 05-21-16, 10:55 AM
GS3Tek

Received 162 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by Doublebase
My wife could care less about cars either...until I got the LS...now she wants "something nicer for herself". Which I'm all for, except one thing...she doesn't care about cars...doesn't care about scratches, keeping the thing clean, etc. Right now she has a pretty nice Honda CRV; when we bought it she kept it clean for about a week, now there's two inches of dust on the dash, trash all over the floor, coffee stains all over the place, dog hair everywhere (she likes to take our dog for rides) and the back is full of all sorts of junk. ......

(didn't want to requote everything)

reminds me of this:
Old 05-21-16, 03:32 PM
DriftGirl
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

^^^^ So much truth to that!! Lmao!!

I try to keep the front seating area clean...by tossing everything in the back

Quick Reply: My wife is not impressed.