LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

CPO, but is it really?

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-16, 01:17 PM
rld14
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Gbp
rid14, thanks very much for your contributions and patiently answering questions. Which brings me to my question...

I purchased a 2010 CPO LS460 last year. It had about 61.6K miles. After almost a year, the mileage is now almost 72K. At the time of purchase, I bought a CPO wrap, extending the coverage to 5 years, but leading the cap at 100K miles. I now realize I will be driving the car more miles per year than I had estimated, and that I should have paid extra to bump the mileage cap to 125K miles.

My question is: can I effectively replace my CPO wrap with the higher mileage one. When buying the car, the finance manager said I had until the expiration of the CPO coverage to buy the wrap, but the longer I waited to do so, the more it would cost. I was also told that once I selected a CPO wrap, that was it: no subsequent purchases of a wrap would be allowed.

This kind of makes sense to me, yet it would be great if I had the option to retroactively replace my current CPO wrap with one that has the 125K mile cap.

Please let me know whether I can accomplish getting the higher mileage cap, and if so, how. Thanks!
Geez you know I am just not sure.

I emailed my LFS rep and will let you know.
Old 04-29-16, 02:42 PM
comotiger
Pole Position

Received 292 Likes on 251 Posts

Originally Posted by jasone36
With that mileage over the course of 23 months in Manhattan, it's likely the "hardest" 40K miles a car ever's seen... outside of places like Syria and Somalia, of course
Ha ha, the car can now lead a relaxed life cruising the smooth interstates in the midwest!
Old 04-29-16, 02:47 PM
comotiger
Pole Position

Received 292 Likes on 251 Posts

Originally Posted by rld14
Most leased cars in NY state show corporate, I wouldn't worry too much about that. If it was used as a for hire Limo you'd see a Taxi history on the carfax. Anyhow, The roads here are brutal, annual alignments are normal.

Where in MO? My family lived in West St Louis county for 10 years.
Thanks, rld, for more reassuring words! No Taxi history on carfax. I live in Columbia MO (comotiger).
Old 04-29-16, 03:40 PM
rld14
Lead Lap

Oh yeah.

Duh. Columbia... Tigers... Mizzou.

If it HAD been a T&LC car it would have also likely had 150K+ on it.
Old 05-02-16, 10:26 AM
Gbp
Lexus Champion

Received 60 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by rld14
Geez you know I am just not sure.

I emailed my LFS rep and will let you know.
A belated thank-you for looking into this!
Old 05-02-16, 03:16 PM
rld14
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Gbp
A belated thank-you for looking into this!
Doh! I will shoot her an email again, oops!
Old 06-18-16, 05:30 AM
newHy
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi guys/gals,
I just purchased a CPO Lexus. During the test drive the salesman mentioned that the CPO process was very rigorous and they made every effort to restore the cars to "like new" standard. He even mentioned any rim damage would be repaired. Anyway this morning I noticed that the two passenger rims have previous rash on them probably from parallel parking. My question is does the CPO standard require the dealership to repair the rims?

Thanks.
Old 06-20-16, 03:04 AM
xRYD3Rx
Lead Lap

I think CPO is BS.
No one can never know how the first owner treated the car.
I think its always better to buy brand new.
Old 06-20-16, 06:14 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,519 Likes on 1,817 Posts

Originally Posted by xRYD3Rx
I think CPO is BS.
No one can never know how the first owner treated the car.
I think its always better to buy brand new.
Of course a new car is going to be "better" than any used car. The question is whether a CPO car is better than another non certified used car. Comparing CPO or used to new doesn't make any sense.

I'm not a used car person, but I totally understand why people are. The cost savings are huge.
Old 06-20-16, 07:19 AM
litesoarer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

The fact you can wrap up a multiyear, unlimited mile, zero deductible extended warranty is invaluable. Bring it in for any little glitch and put the miles on a loaner to save your own.

If the CPO's had been a tad closer to my price range i'd have certainly snapped one up (At the time I bought, there was no '10-'12 Sport CPO's available, I saw one or two 13+.)

Last edited by litesoarer; 06-20-16 at 07:22 AM.
Old 06-20-16, 02:28 PM
dlbuckls10
Racer

Received 96 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by SW15LS
Of course a new car is going to be "better" than any used car. The question is whether a CPO car is better than another non certified used car. Comparing CPO or used to new doesn't make any sense.

I'm not a used car person, but I totally understand why people are. The cost savings are huge.
So true. The savings can be thousands on a new but slightly used vehicles.
Old 06-20-16, 02:34 PM
litesoarer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Show me where I can get an unlimited mile warranty on a new lexus.

AFAIK it must be CPO to be eligible.
Old 06-20-16, 05:29 PM
hfahmy
Advanced

Received 53 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by newHy
Hi guys/gals,
I just purchased a CPO Lexus. During the test drive the salesman mentioned that the CPO process was very rigorous and they made every effort to restore the cars to "like new" standard. He even mentioned any rim damage would be repaired. Anyway this morning I noticed that the two passenger rims have previous rash on them probably from parallel parking. My question is does the CPO standard require the dealership to repair the rims?

Thanks.
Take it back right away and refer to their statement about rim repair. Chances will diminish with time.
Old 06-22-16, 12:08 PM
newHy
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hfahmy
Take it back right away and refer to their statement about rim repair. Chances will diminish with time.
Just thought I would update the thread. I emailed the sales guy about the rim damage around the same time I posted on this forum. He arranged for drop off of the car and I picked it up yesterday. All the rims have been repaired. Pretty impressed.
Old 06-22-16, 04:45 PM
hfahmy
Advanced

Received 53 Likes on 48 Posts

Congratulation! Great job!!

Quick Reply: CPO, but is it really?