LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

F-Sport Aftermarket Bodykit Gallery

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-16, 01:52 PM
Nat
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr. Jekyll
$3,000 for a lip kit. Clearly more for those are full bumper and fender replacements. My advice for anyone shopping for a kit is to work with authorized retailers. Many will tell you "we can get you anything" when in reality they can't as they just end up buying from an authorized dealer and mark it up to you. If they can't get you pricing within a reasonable amount of time that's another dead giveaway as any reputable dealer will be able to get you what you want. Stay away from the "we're vendors for everyone!" and go with with someone who has a good relationship with a preferred company so they can give you advice on the quality of the product you're getting as they most likely brought it in before. You'll need to be patient as most parts are manufactured as they're ordered.
Show me where you can get a lip kit to your door for $3000. I'm not trying to call you out...just curious. I've bought numerous full and lip kit and not ever been able to get it for $3000. You are absolutely right about buying from a reputable dealer. I've heard horror story of shop quoting low price up front and then the the buyer receive a shipping charge once the kit arrive. By that time, it's too late...fork out the money or lose your kit.
Old 04-22-16, 02:04 PM
Nat
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by AznRacer
Wald for the f-sport model?
I have both Fsport and non...Bought them and the Black Pearl as well. I ended up using the Black Pearl.

Note: Mine is a conversion from 07 to 13+. I'm a step child.

Last edited by Nat; 04-22-16 at 02:10 PM.
Old 04-22-16, 03:37 PM
Dr. Jekyll
Lexus Champion

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Nat
Show me where you can get a lip kit to your door for $3000. I'm not trying to call you out...just curious. I've bought numerous full and lip kit and not ever been able to get it for $3000. You are absolutely right about buying from a reputable dealer. I've heard horror story of shop quoting low price up front and then the the buyer receive a shipping charge once the kit arrive. By that time, it's too late...fork out the money or lose your kit.
Feel free to call me out, we're all friends here right? I stand by my word and I'll even be able to show you when the parts are in, painted and on my car. If any extra charges come up that weren't quoted I will let you know but I already had a friend do his IS up and he wasn't hit with any extra shipping so I feel confident I'm not getting screwed.
Old 04-25-16, 03:47 PM
My1998LS40
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Feel free to call me out, we're all friends here right? I stand by my word and I'll even be able to show you when the parts are in, painted and on my car. If any extra charges come up that weren't quoted I will let you know but I already had a friend do his IS up and he wasn't hit with any extra shipping so I feel confident I'm not getting screwed.
Please show me the website for those kits that are $3k or less, with shipping of course. Pretty sure the Aimgain is above $3500 before shipping kicks in. And I'm talking about full kit, not just front lip and spoiler.
Old 04-25-16, 04:16 PM
VIPanda460
Intermediate

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts

If just a lip kit such as VIP Exe without fender then under $3k is possible.

Anything else with fender or a full bumper replacement such as the VIP GT type then it's definitely way over $3k.

I'm just basing these figures off my recent purchase but will confirm once landed if extra fees indeed get incurred or not.
Old 04-25-16, 09:11 PM
My1998LS40
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bustarice
If just a lip kit such as VIP Exe without fender then under $3k is possible.

Anything else with fender or a full bumper replacement such as the VIP GT type then it's definitely way over $3k.

I'm just basing these figures off my recent purchase but will confirm once landed if extra fees indeed get incurred or not.
You are correct. But that's the price before shipping or custom fees applied. I was quote for about $800 ocean freight or $1800 for air freight. That doesn't include any surprised fees. And, I was told it would take a month before it can be shipped out because these kits are custom made. I'd love to be proved wrong and if anyone can show me the cheaper and faster way to get these kits, I'd love to get the GT VIP with front fender ducts, rear over fenders along with the kit and hood bonnet, rear spoiler.
Old 04-25-16, 09:32 PM
Dr. Jekyll
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by My1998LS40
You are correct. But that's the price before shipping or custom fees applied. I was quote for about $800 ocean freight or $1800 for air freight. That doesn't include any surprised fees. And, I was told it would take a month before it can be shipped out because these kits are custom made. I'd love to be proved wrong and if anyone can show me the cheaper and faster way to get these kits, I'd love to get the GT VIP with front fender ducts, rear over fenders along with the kit and hood bonnet, rear spoiler.
Well then it looks like you were drastically overcharged. And no such thing as surprise fees, a quote is a quote, if it comes in higher reject the deal and that's that. That's why Visa / MC charges 3.5% fees for this very protection.

Once again I highly recommend you deal with a reputable dealer and to these "hey I can get you whatever you want" guys who brag about hooking everyone one up. We all know that's not realistic. Deal with a company that specializes with one brand, a shop that can pick up the phone and talk to the factory directly. Not have to call the distributor and wait for them to call Japan and so on.

Sorry your experience has been less than ideal and I wish you the best in securing the proper dealer to work with.
Old 04-26-16, 08:49 AM
Nat
Lexus Test Driver

Well then it looks like you were drastically overcharged. And no such thing as surprise fees, a quote is a quote, if it comes in higher reject the deal and that's that. That's why Visa / MC charges 3.5% fees for this very protection.

Once again I highly recommend you deal with a reputable dealer and to these "hey I can get you whatever you want" guys who brag about hooking everyone one up. We all know that's not realistic. Deal with a company that specializes with one brand, a shop that can pick up the phone and talk to the factory directly. Not have to call the distributor and wait for them to call Japan and so on.

Sorry your experience has been less than ideal and I wish you the best in securing the proper dealer to work with.
Do you mind sharing where you get your kits from?
Old 04-26-16, 09:03 AM
Nat
Lexus Test Driver

Cando FSport kit that debuted at Tokyo Auto Salon. I'll be seeing this kit in person next week when it arrive at the shop.

Old 04-26-16, 09:20 AM
VIPanda460
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Nat
Cando FSport kit that debuted at Tokyo Auto Salon. I'll be seeing this kit in person next week when it arrive at the shop.

Great share. Looks interesting. Any rear pics?
Old 04-26-16, 09:38 AM
islandbeef
Racer

Received 62 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Nat

Lawd have mercy!
Old 04-26-16, 09:58 AM
Nat
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by bustarice
Great share. Looks interesting. Any rear pics?
Rear look similar to Black Pearl Complete. The rear wheel need to be more aggressive with these over fenders.
Old 04-26-16, 10:27 AM
VIPanda460
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Nat
Rear look similar to Black Pearl Complete. The rear wheel need to be more aggressive with these over fenders.
Ya you're right it does look black pearl ish and with the aggressive look the back needs something else to look more complete.
Old 04-26-16, 10:33 AM
Dr. Jekyll
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Nat
Do you mind sharing where you get your kits from?
Like I said, use the exclusive dealers when possible. I'm lucky to have one right here in Hawaii.

Old 04-26-16, 12:22 PM
Scrutator
Pole Position

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

Who are these guys and what do they have to do with the Aimgain kit?

F-Sport Aftermarket Bodykit Gallery-guys_4506289e7826a8811ec72e2455f1c8158f278d0e.jpg

Quick Reply: F-Sport Aftermarket Bodykit Gallery