LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Smoked Taillight info

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-16, 04:05 AM
BEASTIN
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Smoked Taillight info

I want my taillights blacked ouuut! From my understanding you can either paint them or put tint on them. I know that the tint is reversible but how does it hold up to the elements? please give suggestions
Old 02-07-16, 07:15 AM
Chuckinnj
Advanced

Received 76 Likes on 59 Posts

DO NOT SPRAY!!! Don't even think about that VHT Night Shades (Canned Ghetto Tint) because it looks poor and does not last........ Your LS deserves better unless it is a rusted out POS on "life support" at which point de-badge it and spray away.
Films are the best way to go because there are many options (light to dark shades) and most of the quality films hold up well and can be removed when you want to go back to stock or re-tint. My suggestion is to have the tails done by a pro and choose a tint level that you want PLUS a pro will do a flawless job and guarantee their work. Check out you local tint shop in your area and see what they have to offer!
I am not a fan of tinting the tails or head lights but a lot of guys love the look so do what you like....... You only live once!
BTW! Before you tint ANYTHING, make sure to check out your local tint laws....... Tint is a EZ to write ticket!

Last edited by Chuckinnj; 02-07-16 at 10:52 AM.
Old 02-07-16, 07:35 AM
BEASTIN
Driver School Candidate

Definitely appreciate the info.

Originally Posted by Chuckinnj
DO NOT SPRAY!!! Films are the best way to go because there are many options and most of the quality films hold up well and can be removed when you want to go back to stock or re-tint. My suggestion is to have the tails done by a pro and choose a tint level that you want PLUS a pro will do a flawless job and guarantee the job.
I am not a fan of tinting the tails but a lot of guys love the look so do what you like....... You only live once!
BTW! Before you tint ANYTHING, make sure to check out your local tint laws.
Old 02-07-16, 05:52 PM
BEASTIN
Driver School Candidate

One guy said that he'll tint them for $200. Nope, I'm not paying that for those 2 little lights.

But does that sound about right as far as price goes?
Old 02-07-16, 06:39 PM
Chuckinnj
Advanced

Received 76 Likes on 59 Posts

Get three prices and take the "middle" price.
Don't forget....... You get what you pay for!
Old 02-07-16, 06:53 PM
Ronegone1
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got my headlights and tail lights tinted and loved the end result the shop where i did it did a great job.

i think i paid around 200 or so for all the tints.
Old 02-09-16, 07:04 PM
Shibumi1
Lexus Champion

Received 84 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by Chuckinnj
DO NOT SPRAY!!! Don't even think about that VHT Night Shades (Canned Ghetto Tint) because it looks poor and does not last........ Your LS deserves better unless it is a rusted out POS on "life support" at which point de-badge it and spray away.
Films are the best way to go because there are many options (light to dark shades) and most of the quality films hold up well and can be removed when you want to go back to stock or re-tint. My suggestion is to have the tails done by a pro and choose a tint level that you want PLUS a pro will do a flawless job and guarantee their work. Check out you local tint shop in your area and see what they have to offer!
I am not a fan of tinting the tails or head lights but a lot of guys love the look so do what you like....... You only live once!
BTW! Before you tint ANYTHING, make sure to check out your local tint laws....... Tint is a EZ to write ticket!

That's why I always use paint... but not rattle can paint. goto a professional paint or bodyshop. have them mix black with clear til u get the desired color (spray outs) then once it's sprayed.. have it wet sanded re-cleared then wet sanded an buffed. now if it's inspected by leo's theres no visible evidence of paint. but I agree check your tint laws to avoid any traffic tixs...