LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Might have found my LS460...

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-16, 02:41 PM
Stereorob
Lexus Test Driver

Received 100 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by SW15LS
If they're going to replace all that stuff for you then thats most of the potential pain points...
that's what im talking about! so basically it will be a brand new 2007 Ls460L
Old 02-09-16, 02:48 PM
Dr. Jekyll
Lexus Champion

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Stereorob
I have a very important job here and they want to make sure I can get to work everyday. they take very very good care of there employees.
BOOM! There you go, no haggling right? Just buy it already, sounds like it's what you want and it's literally new at this point.
Old 02-09-16, 02:57 PM
Stereorob
Lexus Test Driver

haha I still haggled but the price is very very fair. and to be honest id rather pay a few bucks more for one that I know everything about that's been serviced since new, here and since I work here I want to buy my car here anyway. infact they started working on it a little bit today. ive been watching its progress, and following it everywhere it goes. its neat to watch really. taking a car that was maintained mechanically but not so much cosmetically, kind of like watching it be reborn. this will be a very special car for me. its the first one ive ever had to make payments on. its going to help me build my credit which is horrible, and will be able to take a serious road trip without the fear of it breaking down on me on some desolate stretch of highway someplace. none of the Lexus ive ever had has done that to me but when driving one that's 20+ years old its always sort of in the back of my mind. one that's 9 years old seems much more safer. plus I can uber it on the weekends and make some extra cash with it lmao!
Old 02-09-16, 04:06 PM
CRowe14
Lexus Test Driver

Received 64 Likes on 45 Posts

Great to hear about the car and the maintenance being done, and glad that it seems that you'll be virtually getting a freshly revamped vehicle.
You didn't make mention of the floaty feel on the highway and if that's being addressed...
Have they got back to you on that?
I'm sure you're looking forward to having the car in your garage!
Old 02-09-16, 04:17 PM
roadfrog
Lexus Fanatic

Received 505 Likes on 383 Posts

. ive been watching its progress, and following it everywhere it goes. its neat to watch really. taking a car that was maintained mechanically but not so much cosmetically, kind of like watching it be reborn. this will be a very special car for me. its the first one ive ever had to make payments on. its going to help me build my credit which is horrible, and will be able to take a serious road trip without the fear of it breaking down on me on some desolate stretch of highway someplace. none of the Lexus ive ever had has done that to me but when driving one that's 20+ years old its always sort of in the back of my mind. one that's 9 years old seems much more safer. plus I can uber it on the weekends and make some extra cash with it lmao!
I TOTALLY get this! I can feel your excitement and good for you! I can say that I would feel the same way. I'm pretty confident that you'll be happy and likely, the car will serve you well. We're not talking about a drama-laden BMW, Jag or MB here, after all.....

My 08 has surpassed the 100k mile mark without issue (except a water pump), and I drive it quite hard. I do baby it, but she appreciates that after putting 'er through the paces.

Looking forward to hearing about the progress you make in the acquisition of your LS! Keep us posted.

Last edited by roadfrog; 02-09-16 at 04:20 PM.
Old 02-10-16, 05:30 AM
Stereorob
Lexus Test Driver

this one wont be a DD. this is going to be a garaged car covered sunday driver. waxed once a week. its going to be my trip car, and im going to make sure I change the oil ever 5k. I want it to last as long as possible. its a very early production 07 btw, built near the end of 06 which is kind of neat cause its one of the first ones. ive realized that as long as your good to these cars they will be good to you, heck even if you kick the crap out of them at the end of the day they still want to be your friend. Lexus has never let me down
Old 02-10-16, 06:43 AM
dlbuckls10
Racer

Received 96 Likes on 80 Posts

Hahahahaha! Don't let your LS become another Christine - the movie. . Your LS is a mechanical object with no human feelings. It can fail at anytime for no reason at all, regardless of how you take care of it.
Old 02-10-16, 06:50 AM
R Z
Pole Position

Received 339 Likes on 259 Posts

Originally Posted by Stereorob
just some road rash and a few dings and small dents, which they will completely fix and recondition for me. when I get the car its going to have a new brake actuator, new rotors, new control arms, all fluids flushed and changed, and anything else they find that isn't 100%.
With that said, you can rest assured, you'll be driving an incredible vehicle. If they're willing to hand you the car almost in show room condition, then you'll be getting a great deal. Sounds like a winner to me! Good luck.
Old 02-10-16, 07:23 AM
Stereorob
Lexus Test Driver

yeah just waiting for it to get finished at this point. its killing me lmao
Old 02-10-16, 07:24 AM
Stereorob
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by dlbuckls10
Hahahahaha! Don't let your LS become another Christine - the movie. . Your LS is a mechanical object with no human feelings. It can fail at anytime for no reason at all, regardless of how you take care of it.
I swear to god some cars have a mind of there own. like if you talk trash about them they fall apart. NEVER curse your car. seems like ever time I have it cost me dearly.
Old 02-10-16, 07:29 AM
Stereorob
Lexus Test Driver

oh, another question.. one of the big PITAs about the Ls400 was the wonderful chronic PS fluid leak that would drip right into the alternator taking it out. for the love of everything holy tell me the alternator was moved to someplace ANYPLACE instead of directly under the PS pump. I know the starter is still in the same horrid place on the 460, which is a part that no LS driver should ever have to see. I do a lot of stuff on these cars myself and the 3UZ in the 460 without the plastic cover looks pretty intense. btw I cant stand the plastic covers that's always the first thing to go. engines are cool and I like to see them under the hood. not plastic.
Old 02-10-16, 07:39 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,521 Likes on 1,819 Posts

I would drive it as your daily. Use it and enjoy it.
Old 02-10-16, 07:43 AM
Stereorob
Lexus Test Driver

better to daily then use sparingly? I know my Ls400 HATES to sit for more than a day of two. as long as I drive it everyday it rides like a dream. when I let it sit its hard to start and runs like crap for the first few mins. I know the old saying that if you don't wanna use it youll loose it, and the 1# way to kill an Ls400 is to let it sit. I assume the same goes for older Ls460s
Old 02-10-16, 07:50 AM
justjosh
Pole Position

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Congrats!

Like I mentioned earlier you need to be prepared to replace all four air shocks. I purchased my LS600hL with it feeling a "little" floaty and didn't think anything of it. After driving it for a week or two I realized that they all needed replaced. It was dangerous on the highway and if you hit a series of bumps the car would bounce up and down until you slowed back down. Had all of them replaced and the car rides amazing now. Absolutely no bounce. Not trying to talk you out of anything but I can say with certainty that a LS with 80k miles and up will need the air shocks replaced very soon.
Old 02-10-16, 08:16 AM
Stereorob
Lexus Test Driver

a little bounce doesn't bother me. when they do go ill probably have them replaced with regular ones. my first LS was an air car. lived that nightmare once already. but it looks like the only way to get into a 460L with any kind of options at all is to have to deal with air suspension.

Quick Reply: Might have found my LS460...