LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Might have found my LS460...

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-16, 08:51 AM
CRowe14
Lexus Test Driver

Received 64 Likes on 45 Posts

To address your curiosity regarding the PS pump, there isn't any fluid, as the power steering is electronic.
I too, for quite a while, had made up in my mind that I was going to only drive my LS on sunny, dry days, and when this winter hit, I was going to let it sit in my garage-waxed and covered while I drove my other car, a '00 Honda Accord.
Well...
I drove the LS all Spring and Summer and recently took a 20 hour road trip (10 hours to my destination and 10 hours to return home), along with about 1k miles of recreational driving while visiting my family. This is the longest period of time I've consistently spent in the car, driving it, and aside from some discomfort with my seat, I simply fell in love with the car that much more.
Upon my return home, I washed it, waxed it and covered it and began driving my Honda.
My Honda is old, noisy, rough...it needs so work done, but it runs very well and in my case, I have to walk past the LS in the garage to get to the Honda.
I began to question myself and ask: "Why am I "avoiding" driving this car?"
And luckily, our winter in and around the Chicagoland area has been very, very mild, so a bit chilly here and there, but no snow really.
I've been driving it daily for the last few weeks and will until my time is up with the car.
Me personally... I just enjoy it too much to let it sit.
I cant do it anymore and for me, it just doesn't make sense.
You however-enjoy it in whatever fashion and whichever capacity you desire.
Just be sure to enjoy it.
There is something special about the LS that I believe only the owner of one can fully understand, and this being my 1st LS, I completely get it.
I wish you the best of luck with your purchase.
Old 02-10-16, 08:59 AM
Stereorob
Lexus Test Driver

Received 100 Likes on 69 Posts

yeah I can kind of see that happening. ive had many old LS and always say im going to garage queen them but it just never works out that way haha! I see serious joy riding in the near future.
Old 02-10-16, 09:13 AM
R Z
Pole Position

Received 339 Likes on 259 Posts

Originally Posted by Stereorob
ive had many old LS and always say im going to garage queen them but it just never works out that way haha! I see serious joy riding in the near future.
I really enjoyed my LS400. In fact, when I first got it, I smiled every time I sat in the car. Something about that slanted dash/console that was my idea of the perfect interior. Since then, I still am convinced that interior design was the perfect classic look.

With that said, now when I sit in my 460, my smile is wider and I am in wonderment at the luxuries I am blessed to own. Granted, the 400 was a wonder in it's day, but this "machine" is astounding to me. It feels like a cockpit, and short of the usb I could have installed, this thing rocks! You will certainly enjoy.
Old 02-10-16, 09:54 AM
dlbuckls10
Racer

Received 96 Likes on 80 Posts
Wink

I swear to god some cars have a mind of there own. like if you talk trash about them they fall apart. NEVER curse your car. seems like ever time I have it cost me dearly.
In that case you certainly want to avoid MB, Audi, and BMW because they definitely seems to have a mind of their own and still cost you money. The LS is a fine reliable automobile that I'm proud own, and so will you.
Old 02-10-16, 11:00 AM
Stereorob
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by dlbuckls10
In that case you certainly want to avoid MB, Audi, and BMW because they definitely seems to have a mind of their own and still cost you money. The LS is a fine reliable automobile that I'm proud own, and so will you.
ive done the bmw Mercedes thing. loved the cars but they broke my wallet and my heart. ive been a lexus driver since I was a kid, once in awhile I stray to other brands and get bit every time I do lol
Old 02-10-16, 11:05 AM
dlbuckls10
Racer

Received 96 Likes on 80 Posts
Smile

ive done the bmw Mercedes thing. loved the cars but they broke my wallet and my heart. ive been a lexus driver since I was a kid, once in awhile I stray to other brands and get bit every time I do lol
Hahahahahahahahahah!!!! I know that's right.
Old 02-10-16, 12:02 PM
Stereorob
Lexus Test Driver

yeah ive always had to learn in the worst possible way too. worst things that can possibly go wrong, go wrong with them
Old 02-12-16, 06:59 AM
Stereorob
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by SBlexus
What dealership in Florida?
your car is right behind my office. I can see it from here. your ride is sick!!!!!
Old 02-12-16, 08:04 AM
Stereorob
Lexus Test Driver

Hung out with SBlexus. Looked at his car. Really sick! He approves the one I'm trying to get. So now it's worthy. Also looking at his car gives me some ideas on what I'd like to do with this one. Should be interesting
Attached Thumbnails Might have found my LS460...-image.jpeg  
Old 02-12-16, 04:08 PM
SBlexus
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Rob here is one cool guy, yeah I looked at the car and that black on black is going to be sweet!!!!
Old 02-15-16, 06:29 AM
Stereorob
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by SBlexus
Rob here is one cool guy, yeah I looked at the car and that black on black is going to be sweet!!!!
yeah man looking at your car kinda gives me some ideas about what I want to do to mine when I finally get it. still holding up for the new brake actuator
Old 02-17-16, 11:13 AM
Stereorob
Lexus Test Driver

so received some not so great news today. looks like im not going to be able to get this one

they discovered a some gremlins in it that they don't want to fix. turns out the car has bad air suspension as well as a failing fuel pump along with the brake actuator and not so great control arms. they were going to fix the control arms and actuator but with the other stuff they don't want to sell it to me and are sending it to auction. basically saving me from myself. its a bummer but hey atleast I know that if one comes thru here I know what ill be getting and what to expect. they need me to be able to get to work and back.
Old 02-17-16, 12:27 PM
Dr. Jekyll
Lexus Champion

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts

You still have the LS400 to get to work right?
Old 02-17-16, 01:22 PM
Stereorob
Lexus Test Driver

yes ofcourse lol
Old 02-17-16, 01:40 PM
Dr. Jekyll
Lexus Champion

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts

Then you can be patient, I'm positive the right one will come along and you'll know it when you see it.

Quick Reply: Might have found my LS460...