LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

LS stories, wide open no thread hijacking worries

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-16, 10:36 AM
roadfrog
Lexus Fanatic

Received 505 Likes on 383 Posts

I have a new story....

I still LOVE my LS.

The End.
Old 07-01-16, 11:43 AM
LS430FL
Instructor

Received 91 Likes on 77 Posts

I guess I will tell my story. Since I was 13 for some reason i liked the Lexus LS model. not really sure why, I think they have timeless style. So from 13 until 16 (the legal age to drive in florida) I did odd jobs around the neighborhood. by 16 I bought a 2001 LS430 ultra luxury with 95K miles on it for $17,000 cash. I continued to work hard all through college and then traded in the 01 and bought a 2006 LS430 with 20K miles on it. Now last week after 3 years I traded that car in for my new to me 2011 LS460L. I am now 24, full time in law school and I am loving my new LS. Yea some people make fun of me I'm so young in an "old mans car" according to them but once they sit in the back or see the inside of the car they love it.

Last edited by LS430FL; 07-01-16 at 05:36 PM.
Old 07-01-16, 04:27 PM
roadfrog
Lexus Fanatic

Received 505 Likes on 383 Posts

I traded that car in for my new to me 2011 LS430L
I thought they stopped making 430's in 2006!? LOL.

JK
Old 07-01-16, 05:37 PM
LS430FL
Instructor

Received 91 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by roadfrog
I thought they stopped making 430's in 2006!? LOL.

JK
havent gotten into the grove of writing 460 yet. Too fresh after almost 7 years of LS430 ownership LOL
Old 07-05-16, 11:34 AM
7milesout
Advanced

Received 78 Likes on 62 Posts

Every time the guys at work want to go out to lunch together, they collectively come to me and ask me, "did you drive the limo today?" They love the rear massaging seats, and the space in the rear.

Oh, and I leave the door open while cranking the car. I love the way mine sounds now with the Exhaust Vents!

7milesout

Last edited by 7milesout; 07-05-16 at 11:37 AM.
Old 07-15-16, 05:40 AM
Stereorob
Lexus Test Driver

Received 100 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by LS430FL
I guess I will tell my story. Since I was 13 for some reason i liked the Lexus LS model. not really sure why, I think they have timeless style. So from 13 until 16 (the legal age to drive in florida) I did odd jobs around the neighborhood. by 16 I bought a 2001 LS430 ultra luxury with 95K miles on it for $17,000 cash. I continued to work hard all through college and then traded in the 01 and bought a 2006 LS430 with 20K miles on it. Now last week after 3 years I traded that car in for my new to me 2011 LS460L. I am now 24, full time in law school and I am loving my new LS. Yea some people make fun of me I'm so young in an "old mans car" according to them but once they sit in the back or see the inside of the car they love it.
hey im in florida too!

same kind of story as me. I discovered the LS at 15 back in 1999, when my boss at my first job got a brand new shiny LS400 in dark blue with tan interior. I was absolutely blown away by the car and I HAD to have one. unfortunately at the time those were not affordable yet, being the oldest one was only 9 years old. but I busted my butt and worked odd jobs, saving my money till I could get one. it was a 1990 but dear god I loved it. ive got a 95 now which I love just as much. ill never get rid of it
Old 07-17-16, 12:37 PM
7milesout
Advanced

Received 78 Likes on 62 Posts

I have another one. Maybe most of you are familiar with how Homer Simpson says, "ohh-hh-hh-hh-hh doooonuts," when he sees donuts. Keep that sound in mind.

I just purchased a 2003 Camry from my parents because I know the history, it's been a solid car and they let me have it cheap. It had a couple problems. A big nasty blemish on the front bumper so I pulled the bumper cover off and had it fixed. But also it was making this annoying rattle at idle that I researched years ago and told my dad but he never had it fixed. That and at idle it idled too low and vibrated.

A new intake manifold was ordered because the TSB states that flash rattles at low rpm and replacing the manifold was the only solution. So yesterday morning I put the LS out on the street and the Camry in the garage and tore into it. I also cleaned the throttle body while I had it out because I read that helped the idle. And a new air filter. Put it all back together with proper torque on everything. Fired it up and it now idles smooth and quiet. It has 130,000 miles on it. You can't believe how clean it is under the hood.

So anywho, here's the point. I drove the Camry out on the road, left it idling. I then stepped out loving how good the Camry sounded now, and was going to put the LS back in the garage, then come back to the Camry to take it for a short ride. I got in the LS and fired it up. And I salivated when I heard the V8 fire up and said " "ohh-hh-hh-hh-hh baby." It sounded just badass after having been in the 4 cylinder Camry.

7milesout
Old 07-17-16, 01:10 PM
Littleguy
Intermediate

Received 44 Likes on 32 Posts

Nice! I'm all about that V8 every day life, hahaha.
Old 07-19-16, 03:16 PM
seanl
Intermediate

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Kennyr44
165 views and only 4 stories. No babies born in your car? This is a chance for a lurker to jump in.
Not quite...we made it to the hospital with about 4 hours to spare, but I did throw a big *** blanket pad on the backseat in case her water broke in my car!

I have owned 2 LS400s in my life. an Opal Pearl 97 LS400 Coach Ed. from 2001-2008 and an nearly identical '97 Opal Pearl LS400 Coach Edition from 2009 until about 3 months ago when I bought my LS460 Sport.

I sold my most recent 166K mile '97 to a long time family friend who happens to be a sports writer (replacing his quarter million mile '92 LS400).

Here's a few very recent pics of my ex-creampuff parked in the SF Giants players' lot at AT&T Park

and my first Coach Edition sold at 147K miles in 2008:
Old 07-19-16, 03:29 PM
seanl
Intermediate

Originally Posted by dlbuckls10
I think most of feels the same way about our LS. Its a remarkable automobile that most of us are proud to own and drive. I park mines away from other vehicles and no doors dings. Congrats and drive and enjoy your LS.
agreed...I got quite a bit of grief from my sales team at work about my '97 LS400...."why on earth would I want to drive around in a 19 year old 'Big Grandpa Toyota' -regardless of what my other car is". They didn't get it because they never owned a car that was screwed together as well as the LS400.

You guys get it, because you've all been there. I have yet to see or drive any other car that ages as gracefully as the LS400. I didn't even need to get rid of mine @ 166K miles, it ran great and had a ton of life left in it. But in the end, I had been driving the same car pretty much since 2001 and it was time for something a little different...I guess that's really a first world problem!
Old 07-28-16, 09:17 AM
AxleBrick
Driver School Candidate

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
Default The 1992 Ball bearing commercial

I was in college home for a holiday when my Dad and I saw the commercial. I think 1992.
He was making fun of the pretentious tone to the guy's voice and not too impressed but he
was still curious I could tell. In 1997 I was getting moved into my office building after 4 years
of struggling to get my own office. The entire front was glass. I had just sat down at my desk
for the first time when an obviously new black LS roles right up to the front. It's my Dad.
He ordered it because it had to be black on black inside and out. He tossed me the keys and
said "You gotta drive this thing" and off we went. I mocked him mocking the guy on the
commercial and we both got a good laugh out of it. He had only black LS's and black S class
MB's until he passed in 2004.
I respected him more than anyone else on this earth. He was born dirt poor, joined the USMC
on his birthday, did a tour of duty and came back to build a business from scratch becoming
quite successful with his impeccable work ethic and determination. When I saw my Mom the first
time in my black LS she put her hands on her face and cried. She said "You look just like your
Dad in that car."
Old 07-28-16, 09:24 AM
seanl
Intermediate

I vaguely remember the commercial, but had to google it to have a look...it was for the ES. But still very relevant.

I vividly remember the champagne glasses on the LS400 though.

Your story is very heartfelt though. Thanks for sharing!

Old 07-28-16, 12:21 PM
DJKnetic
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This last weekend I was visiting family and friends and a group of us went to this farm where they make their own ice cream. My buddy drives an '07 LX450 and I had my '07 LS460, and surprisingly enough when we pull into the farm parking lot there was also a newer model ES350. My brother commented later that he never really through he would see 3 Lexus (Lexuses? what is the plural of Lexus?) parked next to a barn. Anyway, eating some ice cream and I saw the couple who owned the ES350 getting into their car (mine was parked in front of theirs so they were looking at it from behind) and the lady was clearly looking at my car the whole time. She opened her door, put one foot in but didn't actually get in but kept staring at my car. Then the guy who was with her got to the car and she said something to him before he got in and they both stood there staring at my car and motioning to it for a bit before they got in and drove off. I have no idea what they were saying but in my head she was like "See, I told you we should have gotten the LS."
Old 07-28-16, 02:00 PM
GR6RR
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Would it be Lexus' or Lexuses' ?
Old 07-28-16, 02:48 PM
litesoarer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by GR6RR
Would it be Lexus' or Lexuses' ?
Lexi', I'd say.