LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Aggressive fitment ls460s?

Old 01-30-16, 10:16 AM
greg3852
Lexus Test Driver

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by R Z
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
It must be because every one of those cars look hideous to me. Maybe I'm just old but I can't understand taking a car that rides like a couch and turning it into something you have to slow down to 1mph to go over a Ritz cracker. It just looks stupid to me. But to each his own. It's their money.
Old 01-30-16, 10:38 AM
dlbuckls10
Racer

Received 96 Likes on 80 Posts
Wink

Originally Posted by greg3852
It must be because every one of those cars look hideous to me. Maybe I'm just old but I can't understand taking a car that rides like a couch and turning it into something you have to slow down to 1mph to go over a Ritz cracker. It just looks stupid to me. But to each his own. It's their money.
I totally agree and I'm old school.
Old 01-30-16, 11:31 AM
Dr. Jekyll
Lexus Champion

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts

HAHAHAHAHAHA I think we're all getting older. I agree. I like the looks but would never want to compromise the ride given that fact that a team of engineers much smarter than me spent years to perfect this design and I go "let's slam this bad boy by 3" and reduce the travel and firm up this ride!"
Old 01-30-16, 11:58 AM
CJITTY

Received 146 Likes on 109 Posts

The beauty of forums..everyone has an opinion. Just like a house, some folks want to stand apart from the rest of the subdivision. Add some new upgraded doors, customize a basement or a new balcony. It's all about individual preferences
Old 01-30-16, 12:08 PM
R Z
Pole Position

Received 339 Likes on 259 Posts

Originally Posted by CJITTY
The beauty of forums..everyone has an opinion. Just like a house, some folks want to stand apart from the rest of the subdivision. Add some new upgraded doors, customize a basement or a new balcony. It's all about individual preferences
Exactly the same kinda thing.
Old 01-31-16, 06:44 AM
MrMark
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr. Jekyll
HAHAHAHAHAHA I think we're all getting older. I agree. I like the looks but would never want to compromise the ride given that fact that a team of engineers much smarter than me spent years to perfect this design and I go "let's slam this bad boy by 3" and reduce the travel and firm up this ride!"

I'm older than I dare to say all of you.......so I must just be stupid.....
Old 01-31-16, 10:10 AM
Dr. Jekyll
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by MrMark
Haha never called you stupid. To each their own. Just something I wouldn't do and from my own experience wasn't good for me or the car. The beauty is we can all do as we see fit for our cars. If we all had the same tastes there wouldn't be dozens of wheel and body kit options.
Old 01-31-16, 08:22 PM
happyhood
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i'm younger so i must be CRAZY...
Old 02-01-16, 04:18 PM
qtrung909
Intermediate

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

What kind of rear spoiler is that?
Old 02-01-16, 05:27 PM
MrMark
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by qtrung909
What kind of rear spoiler is that?
Aimgain molded in.

Old 02-01-16, 06:21 PM
Dr. Jekyll
Lexus Champion

Aimgain molded in.

What? WHAT?!?

More pics please! Or point me in the right direction!
Old 02-02-16, 04:51 AM
MrMark
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Dr. Jekyll
What? WHAT?!?

More pics please! Or point me in the right direction!
Hit me up if you need more info........ mryuen@usa.net
Old 02-02-16, 05:09 AM
lbintab
Lexus Test Driver

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Let me give you a little insite on some possible reasons you aren't finding what you are looking for. First you're starting with a car that people started by paying $40k-100k for. Depending of course on when you bought it and what model you bought. In general most of the ones here who have had their 460 for a little while bought a 460 used probably spent in the ballpark of $30-50k. To get the camber to fit crazier offsets you're looking at $6000-10k for a full T-Demand kit. There are others but let's just choose this brand. As for wheels you can't simply save a little and hit up VR wheels and rebuild a set. Lug pattern is 5x120. Then a 20in wheel is too small really to look the part so 21 or 22s are in order. For a decent set of those in custom offsets you're looking at $3500 to as high as $8000ish maybe even more. You really can't drive crazy low because you simply bottom out the suspension. On my old setup I could roll the car completely aired out but was still higher then some other cars static. Doing a wide body and a kit isn't cheap either. So do you see where I'm going with this? I fully built my SC with less money then the purchase price of my LS.
Old 02-02-16, 05:24 AM
qtrung909
Intermediate

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Thanks MrMark. I think I may hit up mvwraps and have him add it to my order.i think it'll look good with the black pearl rear. My wifes gonna kill me when she finds out how much ive been spending on the car
Old 02-02-16, 10:39 AM
Dr. Jekyll
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by lbintab
Let me give you a little insite on some possible reasons you aren't finding what you are looking for. First you're starting with a car that people started by paying $40k-100k for. Depending of course on when you bought it and what model you bought. In general most of the ones here who have had their 460 for a little while bought a 460 used probably spent in the ballpark of $30-50k. To get the camber to fit crazier offsets you're looking at $6000-10k for a full T-Demand kit. There are others but let's just choose this brand. As for wheels you can't simply save a little and hit up VR wheels and rebuild a set. Lug pattern is 5x120. Then a 20in wheel is too small really to look the part so 21 or 22s are in order. For a decent set of those in custom offsets you're looking at $3500 to as high as $8000ish maybe even more. You really can't drive crazy low because you simply bottom out the suspension. On my old setup I could roll the car completely aired out but was still higher then some other cars static. Doing a wide body and a kit isn't cheap either. So do you see where I'm going with this? I fully built my SC with less money then the purchase price of my LS.
This!

Oh and I'm older and have different priorities, I also don't want a crazy ride these days. I'm more than happy with what the team over at Lexus has done with the F-Sport design. Still can't get over how great it looks "stock" with the 10mm lower height.

I think one other thing that comes to mind is thinking, damn, if I only bought Apple shares instead of my very first stereo system I'd have $353,000 today and that's a true story!!!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Aggressive fitment ls460s?