LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

WeatherTech Floor Liners

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-16, 09:09 PM
Dr. Jekyll
Lexus Champion

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
Default WeatherTech Floor Liners

As a new owner of a 2014 LS460 I'd love to have floor liners to allow me to have the added protection for my car. If anyone else is interested please fill out the request form as they only make a fitment for AWD and not RWD. Filling out the form will let WT know there is more interest in their product and fitment for this car.

http://www.weathertech.com/service/p...-request-form/

And for anyone who found another solution I'd love to hear about the other options, thanks!
Old 01-20-16, 09:23 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,756 Likes on 1,970 Posts

I got a set of the OEM Lexus mats. Installing them tonight.
Old 01-20-16, 09:35 PM
Dr. Jekyll
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by SW15LS
Oddly enough mine had rubber mats that have an "LS" on the edges but the holes don't line up at all. Maybe they were from an earlier model. Let me know how yours line up. Are you placing them on your carpeted mats or replacing those?
Old 01-20-16, 10:22 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Put them in tonight. They're okay, I would have preferred the WeatherTech mats but they don't make them for the 13+ LS, only the liners. I don't care for the liners.

Lexus used to have great all weather mats, but after the unintended acceleration fiasco they made them flat and kinda stupid. They actually are shorter than the carpeted mats for the driver and don't cover up under the brake pedal like they do..

I put them in instead of the carpet mats. I swap them back for carpet in the spring.

Your mats were from the earlier model is my guess. Here are some pics:

Old 01-21-16, 01:05 AM
Dr. Jekyll
Lexus Champion

Not bad! I might have to grab these. I prefer the floor liners given the asphalt and sand that gets dragged into my cars. I did make the request to weather tech so we'll see but at under $100 for all 4 mats at Lexus I just might give them a try. I am assuming all 4 were included. Correct me if I'm wrong. Thanks.
Old 01-21-16, 05:51 AM
Rhambler
Lexus Test Driver

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

I have the OEM rubber floor mats as well that SW15LS shows.

I like them a lot and got a discount at the dealership buying an "open box" one that literally was brand new but someone ripped open the plastic.

The only thing I dislike is that these don't cover the dead pedal, other than that they're really well-made, thick with deep grooves and, above all else, just looks really nice.
Old 01-21-16, 06:20 AM
My1998LS40
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the same set with mine. Came with the car and the carpet mat. They lined up perfectly, so yours must be from a different year. I have Weather Tech floor liners in my other cars, but didn't want them in this one. I think that the liners would make the car less luxurious. but I do have the liner in the trunk though.
Old 01-21-16, 06:25 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Dr. Jekyll
Not bad! I might have to grab these. I prefer the floor liners given the asphalt and sand that gets dragged into my cars. I did make the request to weather tech so we'll see but at under $100 for all 4 mats at Lexus I just might give them a try. I am assuming all 4 were included. Correct me if I'm wrong. Thanks.
Yep, all 4 included!
Old 01-21-16, 06:43 AM
R Z
Pole Position

Received 345 Likes on 262 Posts

Yep, all 4 included!
From the photos, those are nice looking. Here in the mid south, we rarely get snow, just rain and or ice. The ice is every few years. Not sure I'd need those, but I really like the look. Think I'll take the $100 and put it to another guitar. ;-)
Old 01-21-16, 11:57 AM
Chuckinnj
Advanced

Received 77 Likes on 60 Posts

I have the Lexus mats and they work well for my needs........ If I had a "work car/truck" these mats would NOT hold the water, muck, dirt, etc. from my work boots however if you are walking into a store and out to the car with wet shoes the Lexus mats look good and will do the job.
I have the Weather Tech floor liners in all my work vehicles and they are excellent in every aspect...... They can hold a half gallon of water and wash out with a hose plus they look good.

Last edited by Chuckinnj; 01-21-16 at 12:00 PM.
Old 01-21-16, 12:14 PM
Ascari_2
Advanced

Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

I like the OEM mats way more than the weathertech ones.
Old 01-21-16, 12:29 PM
Dr. Jekyll
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by My1998LS40
I have the same set with mine. Came with the car and the carpet mat. They lined up perfectly, so yours must be from a different year. I have Weather Tech floor liners in my other cars, but didn't want them in this one. I think that the liners would make the car less luxurious. but I do have the liner in the trunk though.
Yeah I hear you. I have the liners in my truck but also struggle with will all that mud, sand rock and junk make the carpets less luxurious as well. But given WT didn't map out the car maybe the OEM mats are the happy medium.
Old 01-21-16, 12:36 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Ascari_2
I like the OEM mats way more than the weathertech ones.
Quality wise there is no comparison, I've had both. The WeatherTech mats are thicker material, they have deeper grooves, they cover more, they cover the dead pedal. The only reason I bought these was because the WeatherTech mat didn't come for the 13+ 460.

The OEM Lexus mats may look a little prettier, but they're less functional.
Old 01-21-16, 12:42 PM
Dr. Jekyll
Lexus Champion

Quality wise there is no comparison, I've had both. The WeatherTech mats are thicker material, they have deeper grooves, they cover more, they cover the dead pedal. The only reason I bought these was because the WeatherTech mat didn't come for the 13+ 460.

Good point!

Now who's going to join me with the request so we can at least have a choice?
Old 01-21-16, 12:42 PM
caha14
Racer

Received 83 Likes on 65 Posts

Indeed, to your earlier point, Lexus took 10 steps backwards in the design of their all-weather mats after the unintended-acceleration debacle.

Separately, the timing of your installation is impeccable if I'm reading the weather forecast correctly .

Quick Reply: WeatherTech Floor Liners