LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Trying to decide betw. 2015/16 LS FSport

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-16, 10:02 AM
Dr. Jekyll
Lexus Champion

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts

HID +wider beam +serviceable / replaceable bulbs -slower start up
LED +smaller beam +instant on -fixed color temp -need to replace the whole unit

The appearance of 2 or 3 projectors in the housing is a personal preference and subjective. On the LEDs the third lens is not a real projection, just a dummy lens.
Old 02-10-16, 04:13 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,522 Likes on 1,820 Posts

I'm not a fan of the crafted models...
Old 02-10-16, 04:19 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by LXsalesman
How come....
Its just not my thing. They're too garish for me, I don't like the black wheels or the black handles and mirrors, and the red/black interior seems completely out of place on the LS. IMHO its an understated and elegant car, and the crafted line is neither.

I can see the appeal on the IS or GS I suppose, but not the LS or ES.
Old 02-10-16, 04:45 PM
Scrutator
Pole Position

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

I find myself in agreement with SW15LS. The color scheme and black wheels seem out of place on the LS. Wife agrees so it's all good!
Old 02-10-16, 05:33 PM
Dr. Jekyll
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by SW15LS
Its just not my thing. They're too garish for me, I don't like the black wheels or the black handles and mirrors, and the red/black interior seems completely out of place on the LS. IMHO its an understated and elegant car, and the crafted line is neither.

I can see the appeal on the IS or GS I suppose, but not the LS or ES.
I agree with Steve here. While I'm okay with the wheels I never got the interior. I think red contrast stiching on the black would be much more classier and sportier than the red theme that just plain looks off like an after thought. Like someone said hey we need to make the inside red! Joe! get over here and change out these panels to red stat! Like the dash is still wood as opposed to the aluminum on the regular F's. So I'd say I'm with Steve 80% here. I'll take a free set of luggage though!
Old 02-10-16, 05:36 PM
Scrutator
Pole Position

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

Pay 90K and the luggage is "free."
Old 02-10-16, 05:36 PM
Rhambler
Lexus Test Driver

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

I like the crafted line myself. Get it IMO!

Oh yeah the luggage is awesome, too, lol! Love Tumi bags.

Frankly, I regret not waiting for an F-Sport or the most expensive LS I could get my hands on at the time, but nothing was around me and I couldn't wait.

Get it! Rare! Nice!
Old 02-10-16, 07:51 PM
AustinHusk
Pit Crew

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by LXsalesman
I have a 2015 LS 460 crafted line f sport as my demo right now and i love it more than the GSF, sadly I will be giving it up soon! Good news it will become a certified pre owned car. Thinking about buying it for myself! The crafted line is a very special car,I wanted the red interior! It has black and red interior which is amazing!!! many people didnt want to pay the money for it. I might pull the trigger because really no one else near me will have a car like it! I might not get it for myself, possibly moving to a new condo with only a one car garrage -_- happy wife happy life right?? LOL

What do you guys think of the crafted line???

I will post some pics of my car in a few...
Saw one at Lexus Of Lakeway (here in Austin)... it was sitting on the floor - brand spanking new.

The only issue (for me at least) was the WHITE ext! I don't do white cars. From what I was told by the salesman is that the crafted line only comes in white. Duh! How dumb is this Lexus?

If not, I would have paid MSRP for it
Old 02-12-16, 10:40 PM
AustinHusk
Pit Crew

why are there so few F Sport's out there? There are literally only 2 2015's w/in 500m of Austin (and that includes DFW, Houston & SA)
Old 02-13-16, 12:03 AM
Dr. Jekyll
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by AustinHusk
why are there so few F Sport's out there? There are literally only 2 2015's w/in 500m of Austin (and that includes DFW, Houston & SA)
F-Sports are like Black American Express cards. You need to qualify just to look at one and then you are also required to good looking and have a sense of humor. After all that you are approved to purchase one from a committee of no less than 12 that meets twice a year.

Nah they're just limited in numbers is all. From what I heard maybe one F-Sport is sold for every 30 regular LSs?
Old 02-14-16, 12:19 AM
AustinHusk
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Dr. Jekyll
F-Sports are like Black American Express cards. You need to qualify just to look at one and then you are also required to good looking and have a sense of humor. After all that you are approved to purchase one from a committee of no less than 12 that meets twice a year.

Nah they're just limited in numbers is all. From what I heard maybe one F-Sport is sold for every 30 regular LSs?
Why? is it because they don't offer much over the reg. LS? To me the FPsort is hands down the better looking version. Heck, even the LS brochure that I picked up today @ the dealership features the FSport more than the reg LS. It's eve on the front cover!
Old 02-14-16, 01:23 AM
Dr. Jekyll
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by AustinHusk
Why? is it because they don't offer much over the reg. LS? To me the FPsort is hands down the better looking version. Heck, even the LS brochure that I picked up today @ the dealership features the FSport more than the reg LS. It's eve on the front cover!
Actually it makes a lot of sense. In my opinion the F-Sport was brought in to compete against / attract buyers of the BMW M Series and AMG Mercedes. While not truly a sports car it's in the right direction. And while the Ms and AMGs are the better variants not everyone wants to pay the premium for them so you will see the mass market embrace the standard versions. Same with the LS, the demographics for the LS model will overwhelmingly chose the non sport variant. You also need to keep in mind while being sportier it's definitely not as luxurious. Real aluminum replaces options like the Shimamoku wood that take 38 days to make. The rear seats are spartan lacking window shades and center console controls so there is definitely a trade off. I for one like the Brembo brakes but hate the dust it creates so there's another trade off for sure. My 2 cents of course.
Old 02-14-16, 05:15 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

The LS is a pretty low volume car to begin with, and the buyer is older, conservative. The F Sport is also a considerable jump in price new. That's why there aren't that many.
Old 02-14-16, 08:34 AM
dlbuckls10
Racer

Received 96 Likes on 80 Posts

The F-sport is a overpriced badged up 460 and Lexus needs to up its game in order to make the F-sport a true sports car. Not to insult but the Dodge Charger R/T sedan will probably out perform the F-sport at half the cost. Personally I would go with a automaker that's specialty is full size sports cars like MB, BMW, Audi, Porsche Panamera, etc.
Old 02-14-16, 11:05 AM
Dr. Jekyll
Lexus Champion

I never chose my F-Sport thinking I'd be getting a sports car. I did so because I wanted the forged wheels, Brembo brakes and air suspension. I knew exactly what I was getting and gladly paid the premium.

Quick Reply: Trying to decide betw. 2015/16 LS FSport