LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

New LS460 Owner saying hello...officially!

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-15, 04:23 AM
satiger
Instructor

Received 90 Likes on 65 Posts

Nice color, congrats on the purchase, enjoy the ride.
Old 10-11-15, 05:05 AM
Doublebase
Pole Position

Received 352 Likes on 243 Posts

Very nice! Car looks great.
Old 10-11-15, 07:58 AM
CarGuy89
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Car looks great! Very clean, congrats and enjoy the new ride!
Old 10-12-15, 09:22 AM
CRowe14
Lexus Test Driver

Received 64 Likes on 45 Posts

Welcome!
Great color, beautiful car!
I look forward to hearing about the results of the cushion install.
Congrats and enjoy!
Old 10-12-15, 10:59 AM
sdwtchlvr
Intermediate

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

I just got the call from Jim's upholstery that my LS is ready for pick up. I can't wait...the seat has been an absolute "pain" the past 2 weeks. I'll update after picking up!

Thanks for the kind words everyone. It seems like everyone digs this color. This is my first white car and I don't see very many white LS460s but I've seen quite a few 430s. Getting a 43% tint all around on Wednesday and will update. I'd go lighter but my installer is strictly solargard and 43% is as light as it goes.
Old 10-13-15, 07:42 PM
sdwtchlvr
Intermediate

Just an update:

Picked my car up Monday after having padding added to the middle of the seat bottom. HUGE improvement. I don't want to say 100% just yet because I want to give it a week or two and make sure there is no discomfort. But I can say I no longer feel the "2 wallets in my back pocket" feeling, no pressure points or peaks. I can still feel the seam a little bit on my left side but it's not really causing any pain, I can feel it so I know it's there but I'm sure that will go away. I do feel a very slight soreness in my middle back but I can't really say if that's from the seat. I worked out yesterday after a week off so perhaps that's it too. lol But I'm definitely pleased with the results. Cost me $125 plus tip. I can get in and out of my car now without fiddling with a stupid seat pad.

Also, I dropped my car off today to have front right door, fender and bumper wet sanded, polished and glazed in hopes of correcting the dullness in the paint from the previous paint job to fix some minor damage (I'm assuming a bad scratch).

The auto body shop I went to is known for their work on Toyota/Lexus. They were pretty certain they knew what caused the dulness and that they could correct it. Well, 2 hours and $100 later the paint looks perfect. I couldn't be more happy and relieved. He actually quoted me $150 because he estimated 3 hours but they finished in 2. I was completely bummed out when I discovered the previous paint job on the right side, I was obsessing over it. I had one shop tell me it needed to be repainted to the tune of $1k. I got a second opinion and I'm sure glad I did. These guys that did the work know their paint and know Lexus paint quite well. Will definitely use them again if I need to but lets hope I don't.

Getting my tint done tomorrow. Really starting to enjoy my LS with no regrets. I know my wife is happy she doesn't have to hear about my stupid car any more.
Old 10-13-15, 08:41 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,520 Likes on 1,818 Posts

Great! So glad to hear things are looking up.
Old 10-14-15, 10:45 AM
CRowe14
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by sdwtchlvr
Just an update:

Picked my car up Monday after having padding added to the middle of the seat bottom. HUGE improvement. I don't want to say 100% just yet because I want to give it a week or two and make sure there is no discomfort. But I can say I no longer feel the "2 wallets in my back pocket" feeling, no pressure points or peaks. I can still feel the seam a little bit on my left side but it's not really causing any pain, I can feel it so I know it's there but I'm sure that will go away. I do feel a very slight soreness in my middle back but I can't really say if that's from the seat. I worked out yesterday after a week off so perhaps that's it too. lol But I'm definitely pleased with the results. Cost me $125 plus tip. I can get in and out of my car now without fiddling with a stupid seat pad.

Also, I dropped my car off today to have front right door, fender and bumper wet sanded, polished and glazed in hopes of correcting the dullness in the paint from the previous paint job to fix some minor damage (I'm assuming a bad scratch).

The auto body shop I went to is known for their work on Toyota/Lexus. They were pretty certain they knew what caused the dulness and that they could correct it. Well, 2 hours and $100 later the paint looks perfect. I couldn't be more happy and relieved. He actually quoted me $150 because he estimated 3 hours but they finished in 2. I was completely bummed out when I discovered the previous paint job on the right side, I was obsessing over it. I had one shop tell me it needed to be repainted to the tune of $1k. I got a second opinion and I'm sure glad I did. These guys that did the work know their paint and know Lexus paint quite well. Will definitely use them again if I need to but lets hope I don't.

Getting my tint done tomorrow. Really starting to enjoy my LS with no regrets. I know my wife is happy she doesn't have to hear about my stupid car any more.
Ha!
This is awesome to hear, and as I mentioned before, quite encouraging, as I will be looking into adding to/replacing the padding in mine.
But all in all, really glad the car is coming together for you.
Looking forward to pics, post-tint as well as your update regarding the seat comfort.
Enjoy!
Old 10-14-15, 01:34 PM
sdwtchlvr
Intermediate

Indeed, I'll post pics soon. Picking it up from tint shop in about an hour. Also scored a set of OEM 18" chrome wheels for $400 including tires & tire pressure sensors.

Any decent upholstery should be able to do it. I would recommend calling a couple Lexus dealers near you and see who they suggest. Make sure whomever you use is familiar with the job and taking the seat out on the LS or similar car. Makes a huge difference though. It's a bit stiff right now which is causing a little discomfort in my middle back but that stiffness should soften up and it should be good to go. That's what the guy that did the work said as well as others on CL who have had the job done. It's much much better though.
Old 10-14-15, 01:55 PM
CRowe14
Lexus Test Driver

Indeed, I'll post pics soon. Picking it up from tint shop in about an hour. Also scored a set of OEM 18" chrome wheels for $400 including tires & tire pressure sensors.

Any decent upholstery should be able to do it. I would recommend calling a couple Lexus dealers near you and see who they suggest. Make sure whomever you use is familiar with the job and taking the seat out on the LS or similar car. Makes a huge difference though. It's a bit stiff right now which is causing a little discomfort in my middle back but that stiffness should soften up and it should be good to go. That's what the guy that did the work said as well as others on CL who have had the job done. It's much much better though.

Thanks for the advice.
Also, stellar deal on the wheels, what a steal!
I'll begin my search in the a.m.
Im sure you cant wait to pick up the car...
Great to hear and thanks again!
Old 10-16-15, 09:07 AM
R Z
Pole Position

Received 339 Likes on 259 Posts

I'm late to the party, but gratz on the new ride. It's looks great. You make some wise decisions with the regard to the seat. You want to be comfortable for sure. As for the bumper, I'm finding a lot of the cars had some damage and sometimes they are hidden during the sale. Had that happen to me. I also fretted over it for a small time, but quickly got over it. I even had the area of concern redone and while the guy I chose did a pretty bad job, I think someone that specializes on Toyota/Lexus can finish it correctly like you had done. I'm just not in a hurry to send my car off again.

Gratz on the car. The color is very nice! Enjoy.
Old 10-16-15, 12:35 PM
sdwtchlvr
Intermediate

Thanks for the kind words R Z.

With regards to the seat, I really had no choice. It was more than a little discomfort, I was in pain and I think it was messing with my nerves because the pain from the seat bottom was shooting up my back into my neck and making me nauseous. The padding I had added has taken away that shooting pain for the most part. I've had my car 4 days since I had the seat done and it's a huge improvement. The back of the seat bottom is a bit stiff but I expected that to be the case and it should settle down in the next week or so. But I've realized that there is a little gap now between the middle of the seat cushion where the padding was added and the side bolsters. A gap of empty space and that is allowing the already big seam to be that much more noticeable. I can feel it really only on the left side, the right side is fine. But the I can feel the seam on the left side and I may be going back to see what can be done about it. I am confident a solution will be found. I'm even contemplating just making this a DIY project and attempting to take the seat out and address the padding issue myself.

For those of you who are unaware, there is a TSIB on this and Lexus apparently has tweaked the seat bottom to add more support and alleviate pressure points. If you're car is under warranty still, you can have it done for free. It affected MY 2007-2009 I believe. If for whatever reason my seat just isn't working for me, I might pick up one of the revised seat cushions for $170 and have that installed. I might pick one up anyways just to see.

You can find the TSIB here file:///C:/Users/HG-Backoffice/Downl...able%20(2).pdf

This is the link for the new seat cushion if your car is out of warranty and you want to pick one up yourself... http://www.lexuspartsnow.com/parts/l...512-50171.html

This is the link for the old cushion I believe, I wouldn't suggest buying this one....http://www.lexuspartsnow.com/parts/l...512-50170.html

And this is a diagram of the seat construction and parts...http://toyotapartscatalog.com/parts/lexus-7151250171/
Old 10-16-15, 01:14 PM
CRowe14
Lexus Test Driver

Thanks for the kind words R Z.

With regards to the seat, I really had no choice. It was more than a little discomfort, I was in pain and I think it was messing with my nerves because the pain from the seat bottom was shooting up my back into my neck and making me nauseous. The padding I had added has taken away that shooting pain for the most part. I've had my car 4 days since I had the seat done and it's a huge improvement. The back of the seat bottom is a bit stiff but I expected that to be the case and it should settle down in the next week or so. But I've realized that there is a little gap now between the middle of the seat cushion where the padding was added and the side bolsters. A gap of empty space and that is allowing the already big seam to be that much more noticeable. I can feel it really only on the left side, the right side is fine. But the I can feel the seam on the left side and I may be going back to see what can be done about it. I am confident a solution will be found. I'm even contemplating just making this a DIY project and attempting to take the seat out and address the padding issue myself.

For those of you who are unaware, there is a TSIB on this and Lexus apparently has tweaked the seat bottom to add more support and alleviate pressure points. If you're car is under warranty still, you can have it done for free. It affected MY 2007-2009 I believe. If for whatever reason my seat just isn't working for me, I might pick up one of the revised seat cushions for $170 and have that installed. I might pick one up anyways just to see.

You can find the TSIB here file:///C:/Users/HG-Backoffice/Downl...able%20(2).pdf

This is the link for the new seat cushion if your car is out of warranty and you want to pick one up yourself... http://www.lexuspartsnow.com/parts/l...512-50171.html

This is the link for the old cushion I believe, I wouldn't suggest buying this one....http://www.lexuspartsnow.com/parts/l...512-50170.html

And this is a diagram of the seat construction and parts...http://toyotapartscatalog.com/parts/lexus-7151250171/
Again, great info!
Hope you don't have any issues getting your seat to your liking.
BTW, how'd your tint job come out?
Old 10-16-15, 02:00 PM
sdwtchlvr
Intermediate

Here is my car after having solargard 43% installed. I had this same tint on my LS400 a few years back and I remember then wanting something a bit lighter but all in all it's just fine. The dark interior doesn't help either.

Name:  2890F60B-B755-4E3B-A9EE-9AF9C68D021A_zpsmq3f66jj.jpg
Views: 44
Size:  1.15 MB

On the way to dropping off my car at the tint shop in the morning, I stopped by the lexus dealer right up the street and saw this sitting near the service bay. It's the exact look I was going for. The tint may be a 50% or even lighter on this but it also has the chrome wheels, which I was on the fence about. But seeing this sold me on the chromes. I had been texting with a local guy who had the chrome wheels on hancook tires for $400. I texted him 5 minutes later and I bought the rims last night, they're sitting in my garage and I'm going to try and install them this evening.

Name:  FFCDDC42-1DEE-4753-AAF6-67524C7F388D_zpsiblkucxy.jpg
Views: 45
Size:  1.18 MB
Old 10-16-15, 02:02 PM
Luxofreak
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Very nice, car looks brand new!

Quick Reply: New LS460 Owner saying hello...officially!