LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Driver door Smart Access System

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-15, 08:02 AM
Casawolves
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Driver door Smart Access System

Hello I have an RX350 but was told that LS owners had experienced a similar problem that I have, haven't found the solution yet unless of course I go into the dealership (last resort). The 2012 RX350, driver side sensor does not detect the fob and doesn't work, the passenger side and hatch work fine. New car battery, new batteries in the FOBs.. Doesn't lock when touching the sensor and doesn't unlock when holding the handle. Any help appreciated.
Old 09-28-15, 12:01 PM
jmcraney

Received 254 Likes on 194 Posts

You need to give us some more information:

1. Will the wireless-remote-key lock and unlock the driver's door when you use the buttons on the remote?

2. To the best of your knowledge, has the touch-lock and touch-unlock ever worked on the driver's door on this car? Did it suddenly stop working?

3. Have you added any electronic devices to your car, such as a radar detector, mobile device charger, etc?

4. Have you tested this feature, for the driver's door, at several different locations? Have you tested it at the place you usually park, like your garage? Have you tested it at the grocery store?

5. Have you tested it when you are not carrying any mobile electronic devices, like cell phones, tablets, laptops?
Old 09-28-15, 10:27 PM
Casawolves
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by jmcraney
You need to give us some more information:

1. Will the wireless-remote-key lock and unlock the driver's door when you use the buttons on the remote?

2. To the best of your knowledge, has the touch-lock and touch-unlock ever worked on the driver's door on this car? Did it suddenly stop working?

3. Have you added any electronic devices to your car, such as a radar detector, mobile device charger, etc?

4. Have you tested this feature, for the driver's door, at several different locations? Have you tested it at the place you usually park, like your garage? Have you tested it at the grocery store?

5. Have you tested it when you are not carrying any mobile electronic devices, like cell phones, tablets, laptops?
1.Wireless (remote) work fine
2. It suddenly stopped working; passenger works and puddle light comes on the drivers side when passenger side is engaged
3. nothing has been added to the vehicle
4. have tested in garage, outside the home, in parking lots, etc
5. I have tested without use of hone close by, no other devices have been close to it. it still fails
Old 09-29-15, 07:22 AM
jmcraney

Seems like you have covered most of the bases.

The only other thing I can suggest is to disconnect the car battery for a few minutes. That's very unlikely to be productive but it is fairly easy to do and doesn't cost any thing.

After that, I think it's a trip to the Lexus dealer or Toyota dealer or an independent expert.
Old 09-29-15, 08:24 AM
Casawolves
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by jmcraney
Seems like you have covered most of the bases.

The only other thing I can suggest is to disconnect the car battery for a few minutes. That's very unlikely to be productive but it is fairly easy to do and doesn't cost any thing.

After that, I think it's a trip to the Lexus dealer or Toyota dealer or an independent expert.
Thank you for your comments and suggestions. The battery was disconnected to install a new one, I too had hoped that was it, but no impact. Will head to dealer to analyze..
Old 05-05-20, 02:11 AM
Blakisx
Driver School Candidate

Hi,
Were you able to figure out what the issue was ? I recently bought a is250 and I'm having the same issue where the driver's side does not work but the passenger side works fine.
Checked all fuses.
Old 09-29-20, 02:02 AM
MariusL
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

have the same issue on my 2007 LS460. Anyone has an idea how to go about it? thx
Old 09-29-20, 06:47 AM
jmcraney

For the Smart Access unlock feature to work, you must grip the door handle. Several posts in this forum indicate that there is some confusion about this and that some people believe the door should unlock when the car is approached. The puddle lights will come on when the car is approached, if the doors are locked, but the doors will not unlock until the handle is gripped.
Old 09-29-20, 07:23 AM
MariusL
Driver School Candidate

ok understood. but when i walk away from the car and want to lock the car buy pressing the touch-lock it doesn't work from the drivers door handle but works from all the remaining doors.
Old 09-29-20, 07:40 AM
jmcraney

If you have covered the items in Post #2 above then that's about the extent of things that I can suggest. If your door has been worked on, such as glass replacement, you should look for a cable inside the door that is disconnected.
Old 09-29-20, 07:44 AM
MariusL
Driver School Candidate

i haven't but one of my family members were using my car all of last month and they haven't informed me of anything yet. All i learned from them that they have locked the fob in the trunk of my car but never explained the rest. I guess i have to get some more info out of them.
Old 09-29-20, 08:05 AM
jmcraney

Sometimes, unlocking cars is accomplished by sliding a thin tool down the outside of the window between the glass and gasket. Checking for cut wires or dislodged cable in that area might be a good idea.

I'm thinking it should not be possible to lock the wireless electronic key in the trunk. If that happened then it may be an indication of some sort of problem.
Old 09-29-20, 08:08 AM
MariusL
Driver School Candidate

well yes i sounded weird to me since once the key fob is close within the car you could alway open up the trunk buy pressing the rear trunk handle
Old 09-29-20, 08:16 AM
jmcraney

The trunk will only open with the outside trunk button when the wireless electronic key is very near the outside of the trunk.
Old 09-29-20, 08:33 AM
MariusL
Driver School Candidate

so if the fob is inside then it will not open?

Quick Reply: Driver door Smart Access System