LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Lexie 2.0

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-15, 09:08 PM
Lust4Lexus
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by CarGuy89
Congrats on becoming a father man! That's awesome! .

I hear ya on the 430. I looked at the Germans and walked away hugely impressed with all the tech in some like the BMW 750/Merc S class, but reliability concerns once again prevented me from getting one. The LS460, while not quite as tech'ed up, still has everything you could want with the dependability we have come to expect after owning the 430. I'm assuming you've probably driven the 460, but if not take one out for a spin I think you will like it.
Definitely going to take one out for spin. Unfortunately, or fortunately (maybe), the car in queastion appears to be sold. It's no longer listed. Oh well, another will surface.
Old 09-26-15, 03:45 AM
Nospinzone

Received 407 Likes on 315 Posts

Originally Posted by roadfrog
If you've never owned a black (Obsidian) Lexus before, be prepared for an enormous amount of upkeep on that paint. The paint is quite "soft" and shows imperfections readily, (like swirl marks etc). I detail mine twice a year and that still doesn't cut it (pun intended). Cut polishing, two bucket washing etc, still doesn't help.
Chris, have you tried any of the coating products on your car, such as 22ple Glass Coating or Carpro Cquartz?
Old 09-26-15, 07:27 PM
roadfrog
Lexus Fanatic

Received 505 Likes on 383 Posts

Originally Posted by Nospinzone
Chris, have you tried any of the coating products on your car, such as 22ple Glass Coating or Carpro Cquartz?
No I haven't. Im familiar with it and have read the discussions about it in the detailing threads. I'm hesitant, only because I' had bad luck with similar products sold to me in the past when I was more naive. It's also very expensive. I dunno......

Plus, maybe I'm a masochist. I actually enjoy detailing my car.
Old 09-27-15, 04:43 AM
Nospinzone

Well a couple weeks ago I used 22ple VX3 Signature Glass Coating on the LS and just this week did the 612. It was a 2 day process for each car, but they both look fabulous. The VX3 was actually very easy and quick to apply, it was all the prep work that took all the time. Now the key will be how long the protection lasts. It is supposed to be good for 2 to 3 years.

This was all spurred by a neighbor who had Opti Coat applied to his car. I could really see the difference and supposedly that's good for 5 years. I didn't go that route because I've read Opti Coat is probably best applied by a professional, and I wanted to do the job myself.
Old 09-27-15, 07:49 PM
roadfrog
Lexus Fanatic

Received 505 Likes on 383 Posts

Originally Posted by Nospinzone
Well a couple weeks ago I used 22ple VX3 Signature Glass Coating on the LS and just this week did the 612. It was a 2 day process for each car, but they both look fabulous. The VX3 was actually very easy and quick to apply, it was all the prep work that took all the time. Now the key will be how long the protection lasts. It is supposed to be good for 2 to 3 years.

This was all spurred by a neighbor who had Opti Coat applied to his car. I could really see the difference and supposedly that's good for 5 years. I didn't go that route because I've read Opti Coat is probably best applied by a professional, and I wanted to do the job myself.
I use the Klasse products. AMAZING stuff! Butt again, it still doesn't eliminate the swirl marks after 3 or 4 washes, no matter what I do. Shine-wise, Klasse is unbelievable and lasts for 8 months of beading and protection.

Can you link me the products you're refering to? I'm not looking for more shine or protection (I allready have that), but if it puts a coating resistant to swirls, I'm game.
Old 09-28-15, 06:48 AM
Nospinzone

Here's a link to an article by our own Zach McGovern (zmcgovern4 in the Automotive Care & Detailing forum) about the benefits of coatings.

http://www.detailedimage.com/Ask-a-P...paint-coating/

And this is the product that I just used -

http://www.detailedimage.com/Ask-a-P...d-application/

There are a lot of other great articles on that web site. Also you can feel free to contact Zach through our forum. Then if you go to their store you can buy just about any detailing product. They regularly run sales or offer discounts on certain products. I've put in two orders with them and have been satisfied.