LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

I need your opinion on new tires and new wheels or powder coating

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-15, 10:03 PM
Mrcoach
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default I need your opinion on new tires and new wheels or powder coating

Hello all
I need to come to the well again for all the great knowledge on this forum.
I just got my black LS460L out of the body shop and it's looking great. I'm going to need tires before the winter. I have the Michelin tires on now no complaints. I'm looking for all season tires with the the best ride & comfort. I was reading on Tirerack some guys said the liked the Pirelli CINTURATO P7.
I was also thinking I would like to get new rims in black or black out the ones I have powder coating I got a price about 125.00 per tire. Thanks as always in advance for your opinions.
Old 08-25-15, 10:10 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,520 Likes on 1,818 Posts

Don't do black rims. Try a darker silver color, but the black doesn't look good on such a classy car IMHO.

Make sure you get the P7 Plus not the P7.
Old 08-25-15, 10:22 PM
Mrcoach
Driver

Thanks so much point well taken..

Originally Posted by SW15LS
Don't do black rims. Try a darker silver color, but the black doesn't look good on such a classy car IMHO.

Make sure you get the P7 Plus not the P7.
Old 08-25-15, 10:44 PM
dal20402
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I agree with this. I've never liked black rims on anything, but the cars they do work for are aggressive sports cars, IMO. I second the recommendation to go with a medium to dark gray.
Old 08-26-15, 06:49 AM
roadfrog
Lexus Fanatic

Received 505 Likes on 383 Posts

Unlike those who posted above, I have black rims (with polished lips) as you can see in my sig photo below. I always found black rims work best with black, silver or white cars. Choice is yours. FWIW, I consistently get compliments on them at gas stations, from friends, etc. There's a tire/wheel thread in the stickies where many black cars have black rims for reference.
Old 08-26-15, 07:30 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Default I need your opinion on new tires and new wheels or powder coating

IMHO unless you're going to go all out with the car and do a drop, lip, etc making an LS look too sporty with black rims, bright painted calipers, etc just looks really out of place. It isn't a sporty car, and to me it winds up looking like you inherited your dads car, and you're trying to make it something it isn't.

I feel the same way about the crafted line LS, I think they look ridiculous.
Old 08-26-15, 08:52 AM
Mrcoach
Driver

I notice everyone has 22s I want to keep my tire size stock there 235/50R18V and rims the same.
I do admit I like the black. I just want the best riding tires not sure if I can go wider without changing anything on the car.

Originally Posted by roadfrog
Unlike those who posted above, I have black rims (with polished lips) as you can see in my sig photo below. I always found black rims work best with black, silver or white cars. Choice is yours. FWIW, I consistently get compliments on them at gas stations, from friends, etc. There's a tire/wheel thread in the stickies where many black cars have black rims for reference.
Old 08-26-15, 08:56 AM
Mrcoach
Driver

Im 58 years old I already had my midlife crises I had a Corvette and Harley I just want to look classy with my LS but with a little edge to it lol

IMHO unless you're going to go all out with the car and do a drop, lip, etc making an LS look too sporty with black rims, bright painted calipers, etc just looks really out of place. It isn't a sporty car, and to me it winds up looking like you inherited your dads car, and you're trying to make it something it isn't.

I feel the same way about the crafted line LS, I think they look ridiculous.
Old 08-26-15, 09:14 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Have you thought about a set of the Telios wheels?

An OEM option they are the same size as the 18s you have now in a neat black chrome finish:

Old 08-26-15, 01:17 PM
Mrcoach
Driver

Very nice! Now that's something right up my alley.. I have to check out some prices.. I still have time my options are still open. Thanks so much

Have you thought about a set of the Telios wheels?

An OEM option they are the same size as the 18s you have now in a neat black chrome finish:

Old 08-26-15, 01:29 PM
R Z
Pole Position

Received 339 Likes on 259 Posts

My car came with the Telios wheels. I get compliments all the time. Sometimes they look chrome, sometimes they look dark. Might be an excellent option for you.
Old 08-26-15, 03:15 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Dropped my LS off for the 5k service today, while waiting on my loaner I saw these wheels and thought you might have interest. These are the OEM 18s from your generation in PVD black chrome. You can see the bright chrome ones below. Very sharp in person.

Old 08-26-15, 03:28 PM
Mrcoach
Driver

Thanks brother there real sweet looking..

Dropped my LS off for the 5k service today, while waiting on my loaner I saw these wheels and thought you might have interest. These are the OEM 18s from your generation in PVD black chrome. You can see the bright chrome ones below. Very sharp in person.

Old 08-26-15, 03:29 PM
Mrcoach
Driver

What tires are you using with the Telios?
Originally Posted by R Z
My car came with the Telios wheels. I get compliments all the time. Sometimes they look chrome, sometimes they look dark. Might be an excellent option for you.
Old 08-26-15, 08:08 PM
AznRacer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

$4360!? Wow Lexus sure know how to rape people. I know that some powder coating shop can do like a black chrome looks. Might want to check with them

Last edited by AznRacer; 08-26-15 at 08:14 PM.

Quick Reply: I need your opinion on new tires and new wheels or powder coating