LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Vaistech IVIC-D not supporting my new Galaxy S6 - Options?

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-15, 02:22 PM
verly6565
Advanced

Received 64 Likes on 57 Posts

this problem happened to me with my s5 ,
What happens is the update 5.1.1 renders your mhl useless
so what i did was call tmobile of my problem then they sent me a s5 with 5.0 rom on it
problem solved then i installed titanium backup and froze all software updates naow im a happy camper

all i say is get a s5 with 5.0 on it i also have a s6 and its no big improvement over the s5

Old 08-31-15, 04:46 AM
Vansibel
Intermediate

Received 56 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by roadfrog
So I bought a Chromecast dongle. Problem is it seems to require wifi. When I try to connect my phone to Chromecast it wants a wifi connection. I tried to use my phone's "hotspot" as the connection but that doesn't seem to work.

What am I missing???
Yes it does require wifi, and wifi hotspot from your phone is the way to go for your setup but if I recall correctly the initial setup is a little tricky. I think it's best that you first start connecting it on your home network with router and update the firmware. Then when it's still connected to your tv start a wifi hotspot from your phone and switch chromecast to your phone wifi hotspot. Make sure everything is working before moving chromecast to your car as it's much easier setting everything up in your living room than in your car. I did it before and I can confirm it's working, but like I said the initial setup is a little tricky.

Last edited by Vansibel; 08-31-15 at 05:59 AM.
Old 10-23-15, 09:18 PM
Wigalo
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Vansibel
Yes it does require wifi, and wifi hotspot from your phone is the way to go for your setup but if I recall correctly the initial setup is a little tricky. I think it's best that you first start connecting it on your home network with router and update the firmware. Then when it's still connected to your tv start a wifi hotspot from your phone and switch chromecast to your phone wifi hotspot. Make sure everything is working before moving chromecast to your car as it's much easier setting everything up in your living room than in your car. I did it before and I can confirm it's working, but like I said the initial setup is a little tricky.
So has anyone else been successful with this. I've upgraded to a note 5 (no mhl) I have a Chromecast and can get it to connect to my note 5 hotspot as long as I'm using a different android to pair the chromecast. If I try to setup the chromecast with my note 5 (while the chromecast is connected to the note 5's hot spot, it gives the message that 'no WiFi is detected'.

It sounds like others have made this work, but no love for me. Any suggestions?
Old 10-25-15, 04:06 AM
Wigalo
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Wigalo
So has anyone else been successful with this. I've upgraded to a note 5 (no mhl) I have a Chromecast and can get it to connect to my note 5 hotspot as long as I'm using a different android to pair the chromecast. If I try to setup the chromecast with my note 5 (while the chromecast is connected to the note 5's hot spot, it gives the message that 'no WiFi is detected'.

It sounds like others have made this work, but no love for me. Any suggestions?
After doing a bunch of research, I'm finding that Chromecast is NOT designed to be used as I'm attempting with my ivic. In order for the chromecast to work, both the cast and my phone have to be connected to a wireless network that is NOT the hotspot. (Google chromecast on hotspot, and there are 100s of threads of folks trying to set their chromecast to work with the phone hotspot and time and again, the conclusion is that THIS is not possible....in order to have the chromecast work this way, you would need a 3rd remote control device. So your phone acts as the router only, and the third device as the remote or casting device) this won't work for me.

What actually WILL work is a miracast device. By definition, this device is a wireless HDMI cable that broadcasts it's own signal. Now when you plug it in, it's designed to cast whatever is on your screen to the ivic.

I'm not quite sure how some have made the Chromecast work without a third device, but for most of us who have new phones that no longer support hdmi/mhl...MIRACAST is the answer. I'm going to see if my local best buy has one in stock and will report back. I'm hoping that my ivic setup will be back on track here soon with my note 5 which is the bomb.

Last edited by Wigalo; 10-25-15 at 04:18 AM.
Old 10-27-15, 09:40 AM
roadfrog
Lexus Fanatic

Received 505 Likes on 383 Posts

Originally Posted by Wigalo
After doing a bunch of research, I'm finding that Chromecast is NOT designed to be used as I'm attempting with my ivic. In order for the chromecast to work, both the cast and my phone have to be connected to a wireless network that is NOT the hotspot. (Google chromecast on hotspot, and there are 100s of threads of folks trying to set their chromecast to work with the phone hotspot and time and again, the conclusion is that THIS is not possible....in order to have the chromecast work this way, you would need a 3rd remote control device. So your phone acts as the router only, and the third device as the remote or casting device) this won't work for me.

What actually WILL work is a miracast device. By definition, this device is a wireless HDMI cable that broadcasts it's own signal. Now when you plug it in, it's designed to cast whatever is on your screen to the ivic.

I'm not quite sure how some have made the Chromecast work without a third device, but for most of us who have new phones that no longer support hdmi/mhl...MIRACAST is the answer. I'm going to see if my local best buy has one in stock and will report back. I'm hoping that my ivic setup will be back on track here soon with my note 5 which is the bomb.
Looks like I'll have to check out the Miracast. I've had no success getting my Chromecast to work consistently.
Old 12-06-15, 06:54 AM
Malin
Driver School Candidate

Default Stiuki but which one

Originally Posted by Vansibel
For my own needs I used a much more elaborated setup with a dedicated android stick, which mean the stick in itself is a full android computer so your setup won't depend on your phone anymore and the audio quality will remain intact. I also plugged 4tb ssd hd with all my song and a few movies for good measure and paired it to a dedicated Bluetooth gps, which are much better at pure gps positioning than phone as phone heavily rely on the cell network.
I am using miracast stick (ezCast) with ivic and to be honest I do not like this solution.
1. I need to always connect it manually or at least make sure it did automatically.
2. Lag of screen copy not much painful but visible
3. Sound dropping...too often

So I am thinking to improve it somehow.

Could you point to your stick device + peripherals you use/used for you?
Old 12-07-15, 08:11 PM
CJITTY

Received 146 Likes on 109 Posts

I use my chromecast instead of MHL for my Vaistech now. Works great.

I use my Galaxy Note 4 for this. Turn on mobile hotspot, Chromecast connects to my hotspot wifi..then open legacy ChromeCast app version and cast my screen. Screen and sound are perfect and all 100% wireless. I use a bluetooth mouse to navigate screen which works far better than oem touchscreen
Old 12-07-15, 08:57 PM
roadfrog
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by CJITTY

I use my Galaxy Note 4 for this. Turn on mobile hotspot, Chromecast connects to my hotspot wifi..then open legacy ChromeCast app version and cast my screen. Screen and sound are perfect and all 100% wireless. I use a bluetooth mouse to navigate screen which works far better than oem touchscreen
That's my setup as well, but it sucks. I hear Miracast works better, but I'm tired of layng down cash and being dissappointed at every turn.
Old 12-09-15, 10:17 AM
gs4bkny
Driver

@ CJitty
What particular chromecast model did you use for this setup?
Also, where did you plug in the chromecast?
Old 12-11-15, 11:09 AM
CJITTY

Originally Posted by roadfrog
That's my setup as well, but it sucks. I hear Miracast works better, but I'm tired of layng down cash and being dissappointed at every turn.
Sucks? Really? Mine is working great. Every once in a while it will cause a slight glitch but nothing to make it unbearable. What issues are you having?
Old 12-11-15, 11:11 AM
CJITTY

Originally Posted by gs4bkny
@ CJitty
What particular chromecast model did you use for this setup?
Also, where did you plug in the chromecast?
Original Chromecast with legacy app since the newer app makes it harder to cast. Chromecast plugs into IVIC's HDMI port instead of HDMI Cable that would connect to MHL adapter out of phone
Old 12-11-15, 12:06 PM
roadfrog
Lexus Fanatic

Original Chromecast with legacy app since the newer app makes it harder to cast. Chromecast plugs into IVIC's HDMI port instead of HDMI Cable that would connect to MHL adapter out of phone
This is my setup, but not sure if it's the "legacy app". How and where can I obtain it?
Old 12-11-15, 12:31 PM
CRowe14
Lexus Test Driver

Received 64 Likes on 45 Posts

I'm wanting to purchase the ivic system, but I've gotta be honest and say that between reading the reviews and understanding just what exactly it is I would need to make it functional the way I would like it to be, CJITTY seems to be one of the very few that has a system that works effectively, or should I say, as he desires for it to work.
What is exactly needed aside from the ivic-d unit to have everything work wirelessly and still have great functionality regarding screen imaging, navigation, movies/videos/streaming and whatever other feature im missing?
I have an original HTC One (original ver., 2013 model) and access to a Galaxy S5, both non-rooted.
Im paying close attention as well as watching for any and all updates to this thread.
Thanks!
Old 01-03-16, 08:15 PM
macjac69
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Need a little info!!

Interested in the IVIC but I go to the website to order and it only gives the option of the SL3B?? Will the IVIC work on an 07 with NAV and ML?
Old 01-04-16, 10:41 AM
R Z
Pole Position

Received 339 Likes on 259 Posts

The only thing I'd like is the ability to play music from a USB like the 2010+. I know the mini plug in the console with play my ipod, but there is no info on the screen. I don't have unlimited smart phone data to play spotify for hours on end while driving.