Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the LS600h L model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the LS600h. Please use the main 4LS forum for discussion about shared components with other fourth generation LS models.

Do You have original DRL function on 1.gen LS600?

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-15, 09:44 AM
Arvid
Pole Position

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Do You have original DRL function on 1.gen LS600?

If so, Which lamps are they using for this DRL function...Pictures will be a bonus (between DRL and night time use)
I don't have DRL setting on mine and is not to find in the menu .. either with Techstream or Carista....
and it is mandatory to use DRL here in Norway...so I'm always runnig with the main LED's on...

Can also not use LED DRL bulb in the high beam lights because the original high beam halogen bulb is used to light the road used by the object recognition cameras.....LED's does not have near-infrared light portion also needed for the LKA I have installed ....
(The LKA need to have the near-infrared light portion of the high beam halogen bulb for reading the road....and this is by using the full beam halogen light. By day the visible light seen by human eyes are removed by a filter in the headlight and only the near-infrared light is sent through)

I have several types of DRL sets bought on ebay that could be mounted in the lower grill...but don't find the look of them pleasing ...
Arvid

Last edited by Arvid; 08-04-15 at 10:27 AM. Reason: More info...+ picture ...and more mispellings corrected ...
Old 08-04-15, 05:59 PM
DiggerJim
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Arvid
If so, Which lamps are they using for this DRL function...
On mine they're small halogen bulbs that are low and to the inside (next to the grille) - where the tear ducts would be if they were eyes.

They're noticeably yellower in color than the LEDs or even the high beams.

Speaking of which, my highs are virtually indistinguishable when used vs the LED lows. I can hardly tell they're on. I expected them to really light up the night. I almost never use them except to flick them on, notice they don't do anything, wish they had the brightness contrast my SC has and then flick them off. I checked & they're working, just not enough light to be noticeable. Any one else feel the same?
Old 08-05-15, 12:11 PM
Arvid
Pole Position

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Can't see any lightsource there on my mine..

...and I also seldom use the high beam...and the yellow'ish color output ....

Arvid