LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Joined the 460 side!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-15, 07:13 PM
Nospinzone

Received 407 Likes on 315 Posts

Originally Posted by CarGuy89
Thanks! You have some great info about the extended warranty. This car was a very late build June 2012, the owner didn't buy it until late Aug 2012 so I am covered until then. I am currently having the same debate lol. I think I may get it eventually, talked to the ever so popular Toby and he said 2yr/70k would run me 1250 ish, 3 yr/75k was a bit over 2k. I think since I still have time, I may feel it out. Most likely I will get the 2 yr one, will cover me as long as CPO and I hear it's a better warranty.
Nice to know Toby is still there. I bought my extended warranty through him almost 4 years ago.

Car looks fabulous. I wish you good luck with it!
Old 05-28-15, 07:30 PM
CarGuy89
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Unsober1
I have a very similar looking 2011. I too recently upgraded from an LS430, 2003
Sweet! It is very nice to see how they've managed to improve on the 430, yet keep the essence and feel. Well done Lexus!

Originally Posted by bsl888
Welcome and nice car . Keep the 430 if you can, The 430 a very reliable car that can easily go until 200K miles.

I first owned a LS460 and recently picked up an 04 LS430 because I loved both generations and read great things about the 430.
That's awesome! I would love to keep both cars. The 430 only has 66k mi on it and is in great shape still. However, being in MI, it just isn't practical to have a RWD daily. That's one of my main reasons for the 460. I would love to have both, but unfortunately can't justify it at the moment

Originally Posted by Nospinzone
Nice to know Toby is still there. I bought my extended warranty through him almost 4 years ago.

Car looks fabulous. I wish you good luck with it!
Yeah he seems like a nice guy and i hear he always has the best prices around! As an OT question: do you have any pics of the 612? That is an awesome car to have in the fleet!

Thanks guys!
Old 05-28-15, 08:49 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,521 Likes on 1,819 Posts

Congrats! You have excellent taste in color combos

They do have beautiful paint on them don't they?
Old 05-28-15, 08:54 PM
Raptor4007
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very nice!
Old 05-28-15, 09:00 PM
roadfrog
Lexus Fanatic

Received 505 Likes on 383 Posts

Congrats! I love the exterior color.

how do you like the ML system?
Old 05-29-15, 07:27 AM
CarGuy89
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by SW15LS
Congrats! You have excellent taste in color combos

They do have beautiful paint on them don't they?
Thank you sir! And likewise! . That's a beautiful '15 you have!

Originally Posted by Raptor4007
Very nice!
Thanks!

Originally Posted by roadfrog
Congrats! I love the exterior color.

how do you like the ML system?
Thanks! I am certainly enjoying the ML system. Truthfully I am no audiophile expert, so perhaps it's almost a bit wasted on me. One thing I did notice on my drive back was how clear the nav sounded through that center speaker, a very nice touch! I also notice that I do not really need to turn my system up past vol 20 bc the car is so quiet haha
Old 05-29-15, 08:15 AM
Tee

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts

Congrats CarGuy89 and welcome to 460 family! I remember you from my days on the 430 forums again welcome.
Old 05-29-15, 08:22 AM
CRowe14
Lexus Test Driver

Received 64 Likes on 45 Posts

As everyone has expressed, congratulations on your purchase!
Looks to be a very well maintained LS!
Wishing you a great ownership experience and miles accompanied by smiles!
Old 05-29-15, 12:04 PM
dlbuckls10
Racer

Received 96 Likes on 80 Posts
Thumbs up

Congrats! The LS 460 is an awesome automobile and extremely dependable. Beautiful color combination. Enjoy the comfort and features.
Old 05-29-15, 12:11 PM
Devh
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 42 Posts

I don't say this often because I think a lot of people here overpay but you got one outstanding deal.
The fact that you avoided the almost fraudulent higher millage CPO for a lower millage newer year and still under the factory warranty is the best option no matter how you look at it. 17k is almost new and depending on how many miles you put on the car you will outlive anything the CPO offers in terms of things that could go wrong as the miles pile up.
You are where many others should have been and it was a wise choice.
Congratulations.
Old 05-29-15, 05:04 PM
Gbp
Lexus Champion

Received 60 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by Devh
I don't say this often because I think a lot of people here overpay but you got one outstanding deal.
The fact that you avoided the almost fraudulent higher millage CPO for a lower millage newer year and still under the factory warranty is the best option no matter how you look at it. 17k is almost new and depending on how many miles you put on the car you will outlive anything the CPO offers in terms of things that could go wrong as the miles pile up.
Congratulations.
With respect, I think CPO vehicles have their niche -- in case you were implying otherwise.

I think most would choose the route OP took if they could afford it. We're talking about finding a vehicle with the features you want, in good condition, with less than 50K miles, and an in-service date less than 4 years ago. You're still covered under the original factory warranty while you decide whether or not you wish to purchase a Lexus VSA.

There are plenty of us without the financial resources to purchase a vehicle with those parameters and who wish to have some peace of mind in the vehicle they purchase. They are the ones likely to buy that Lexus VSA -- but they can't. For them, a CPO vehicle is likely a suitable choice. You can argue that the CPO inspection process is a scam, or at least that the condition of a CPO vehicle can be highly variable despite the standards Lexus imposes for CPO eligibility and how a given dealer interprets those standards.

It's much more difficult to argue the value of a CPO warranty because subjective and objective factors play a role in that valuation. And it's a probably a good idea to "trust and verify": do the same due diligence with a CPO vehicle as with a non-CPO vehicle, including getting a pre-purchase inspection from a third party who has no vested interest in the outcome.
Old 05-29-15, 08:35 PM
CarGuy89
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Tee
Congrats CarGuy89 and welcome to 460 family! I remember you from my days on the 430 forums again welcome.
Thanks man! Hell yeah you always had that sick Flint Mica 430 with the tasteful mods! Mine is still bone stock after all these years lol. Thanks buddy, your 460 is even more unique, love the LWB in red a sick combo with tasteful mods!

Originally Posted by CRowe14
As everyone has expressed, congratulations on your purchase!
Looks to be a very well maintained LS!
Wishing you a great ownership experience and miles accompanied by smiles!
Thanks buddy! A belated congrats to you as well, I remember seeing your thread not too long ago!

Originally Posted by dlbuckls10
Congrats! The LS 460 is an awesome automobile and extremely dependable. Beautiful color combination. Enjoy the comfort and features.
Thanks will do! Dependability is certainly a huge factor for me in the end. There's a simple joy about having a car where everything just works...all the time!

Congratulations.
Thanks buddy! That means a lot to me. Yes I simply could not pass up the deal. I actually did schedule the car for a PPI at Lexus of Madison, but the guy looked at my car with 17k mi and saw I still have over a yr left on factory warranty...so he told me to save my $$ and that it was cleaner than the car on their lot lol.

Originally Posted by Gbp
With respect, I think CPO vehicles have their niche -- in case you were implying otherwise.

I think most would choose the route OP took if they could afford it. We're talking about finding a vehicle with the features you want, in good condition, with less than 50K miles, and an in-service date less than 4 years ago. You're still covered under the original factory warranty while you decide whether or not you wish to purchase a Lexus VSA.

There are plenty of us without the financial resources to purchase a vehicle with those parameters and who wish to have some peace of mind in the vehicle they purchase. They are the ones likely to buy that Lexus VSA -- but they can't. For them, a CPO vehicle is likely a suitable choice. You can argue that the CPO inspection process is a scam, or at least that the condition of a CPO vehicle can be highly variable despite the standards Lexus imposes for CPO eligibility and how a given dealer interprets those standards.

It's much more difficult to argue the value of a CPO warranty because subjective and objective factors play a role in that valuation. And it's a probably a good idea to "trust and verify": do the same due diligence with a CPO vehicle as with a non-CPO vehicle, including getting a pre-purchase inspection from a third party who has no vested interest in the outcome.
I agree with you. I certainly do not wish to enter into a large debate regarding CPO vs non CPO. I can certainly see the merit behind CPO, and believe me I started out thinking it was a necessity. In fact, my 430 was a CPO'ed car. In the end, this particular deal was too good to pass up. Like I mentioned above, the dealership told me to save my $$ on the PPI so that sealed the deal right there lol. I do want to say that this is certainly an option for future buyers as well - find one still under factory warranty and you can opt to add the Platinum warranty.
Old 05-30-15, 07:26 AM
Devh
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by Gbp

I'm not saying CPO cars are bad but their certainly not a bargain at least in my experience.
They do come with the warranty and convenience however they are not anywhere as close as the bargain that the OP would be able to get . A similar car at CPO prices would have been one or two years older and a lot more millage, and close to being outside the factory warranty. Not that it matters being outside the factory warranty however with a newer car you still have the factory warranty for over a year plus the power train for until 2018 which is pretty good. With that low of millage the wear and tear would be minimal at best. The best part of it all is that you get it young as an owner.
The only drawback with this kind of purchase is the availability and having to compromise on color.This car should have ended up at auction and been converted to a CPO for a lot more.
Old 05-30-15, 09:01 PM
Bodhi44dog
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I Have Arrived

As am I! Just became a Lexus owner. So far I'm loving it however I just said a tearful good by to my 2002 4cyl Toyota Camry.....just can't keep a good car down!.

The result I'm hoping for with my new/used 460 is the affiliation. So far so good. I am, however, very fortunate I found this one is such great shape. The prior one-owner took excellent care of this vehicle and it really shows. So, I have my work cut out for me but I will truly love every minute of it!

It is one sweet ride....need to upload more pix
Old 05-31-15, 07:11 AM
CarGuy89
Lexus Test Driver

...The only drawback with this kind of purchase is the availability and having to compromise on color.This car should have ended up at auction and been converted to a CPO for a lot more.
Shhh don't tell them, they might want the car back

Originally Posted by Bodhi44dog
As am I! Just became a Lexus owner. So far I'm loving it however I just said a tearful good by to my 2002 4cyl Toyota Camry.....just can't keep a good car down!.

The result I'm hoping for with my new/used 460 is the affiliation. So far so good. I am, however, very fortunate I found this one is such great shape. The prior one-owner took excellent care of this vehicle and it really shows. So, I have my work cut out for me but I will truly love every minute of it!

It is one sweet ride....need to upload more pix
Cool man congrats! Yes be sure to post up some pics

Quick Reply: Joined the 460 side!!