LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Input on LS460 2008-2010 Purchase

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-15, 10:50 AM
Unsober1
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well, I actually don't have the comfort plus package. Just comfort package. I was targeting the comfort plus package as I thought the reclining seats and other little features were a must. The car with those option was at a dealership with a bit higher price. After checking it out and seeing the actual difference between the comfort and comfort plus package, I chose to not let this option be my desiding factor. I chose to go with the better vehicle. Sitting in the back seat with these options is cool and all, but this is MY car and I don't ride in the back. The seats don't really move that much. Comfort plus doesn't mean they massage. I went with the car that has a better service history, better conditioned maintance items like brakes and tires, and overall appearance be my desiding factor. To me the leather difference wasn't the much. Sure a lot of guys here might say they can tell the difference, maybe. But when you have either car, people getting in the car will already be saying how nice everything is, and not pointing out how you should have upgraded some leather surfaces and they have seen better leather. This is the flagship lexus, it already has some of the best materials in any automobile money can buy. The only upgrade for the leather difference I will say stood out was on the doors. You can see and feel something there
Old 05-02-15, 12:10 PM
Gbp
Lexus Champion

Received 60 Likes on 56 Posts

Thanks for relating your obsevations about the Comfort Plus package. I realize you're not getting the true massage or degree of rear seat adjustments that the LWB can offer. I hoped that the semi-analine trim would be be more prevalent on the vehicle, for example on the center arm rests.

If a choice between Comfort Plus and DRCC became available in the 2010 inventory, I'd be tempted to go with the latter.

Edit: an excellent appearance and service history (verified by a PPI) are requirements in any event. Mark Levinson remains a must-have.
Old 05-02-15, 12:57 PM
Unsober1
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

the options bring the same thing to the SWB as they would the LWB. All the 460L means is you start off with 5" more in the back seat and laminated windows in back. and yes there may be more features tied into the long wheel base, but i believe you are looking for a fairly upgraded short wheel base so I dont think there will be much difference. I would have like to get a 460L also, but as I stated above, went for the better vehicle, and would solely let a few options dictate which one i get. The only features I chose that would be the must, was AWD and ML sound.
Old 05-02-15, 01:34 PM
Gbp
Lexus Champion

As I might have mentioned before, I really prefer a SWB. Although 5" doesn't seem a big difference, I'd expect the SWB would be slightly less unwieldy when it comes to parking and driving in general. I really don't need a limousine-type back seat, and the SWB already offers excellent rear seat space and comfort. The main reason.to get a LWB for me is that more of tnem have pre-collision/DRCC, but that isn't a compelling enough reason to switch from the SWB.
Old 05-02-15, 02:29 PM
enoch861
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Gbp
As I might have mentioned before, I really prefer a SWB. Although 5" doesn't seem a big difference, I'd expect the SWB would be slightly less unwieldy when it comes to parking and driving in general. I really don't need a limousine-type back seat, and the SWB already offers excellent rear seat space and comfort. The main reason.to get a LWB for me is that more of tnem have pre-collision/DRCC, but that isn't a compelling enough reason to switch from the SWB.
5" might not seem like a big difference on paper but in practice it's really noticeable. The car's don't really drive any different (between SWB and LWB). The car does a respectable job of shrinking and driving like a smaller car although you do still realize it's big. Parking the LWB isn't any different than the SWB unless you're doing a 90 degree backing.. That's about the only time you'll notice the size of the LWB. After driving both, they're honestly pretty similar other than the fact that the LWB just has more room in the back.
Old 05-02-15, 02:37 PM
Gbp
Lexus Champion

@enoch861:

Thanks fo the feedback. 5" in length makes a difference for our garage, too.
Old 05-03-15, 02:39 PM
Gbp
Lexus Champion

There don't seem to be any examples nearby of Truffle Mica exterior and Light Gray/Dark Birdseye Maple wood trim interior. Does anyone have a similar combination and could they comment on it? Thanks!
Old 05-03-15, 03:02 PM
R Z
Pole Position

Received 339 Likes on 259 Posts

Before I bought my SWB, my neighbor borrowed her x hubbies ls460L. It was so long she could not fit it and close the garage door. She had to move her car and park the L sideways to make it work. That's why I bought the SWB.
Old 05-03-15, 03:50 PM
aypues
Instructor

Received 56 Likes on 44 Posts

hold out for the PCS. it's incredible and I have it on an 04 LS430 (1st gen of PCS). If you search REALLY hard you can find a 2010 LS460L with the Advanced PCS...these cars have almost every option as it was required to get APCS.
Old 05-03-15, 06:15 PM
Gbp
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by aypues
hold out for the PCS. it's incredible and I have it on an 04 LS430 (1st gen of PCS). If you search REALLY hard you can find a 2010 LS460L with the Advanced PCS...these cars have almost every option as it was required to get APCS.
The problem is that I'm not considering a LWB for reasons previously mentioned, and PCS on a SWB LS460 is extremely rare. I'm not sure PCS is with waiting for if a good deal comes up on a car that has every other feature I want. From looking at pricing on other 2010 LS460's, $30.2K for one with ML, Comfort Plus, and 61K miles seems like an excellent deal.

I don't mind hearing contrary opinions, however. Although validation is nice, I appreciate honesty more.
Old 05-04-15, 03:30 PM
Gbp
Lexus Champion

My wife and I saw the Light Gray leather/dark (gray) Birdseye Maple and really liked it. To me, it has a more subtle, yet rich tone to it. The exterior was silver, though. I need to find a nearby Lexus with Truffle Mica to see that first hand. Pre-purchase inspection is scheduled for tomorrow with Lexus of Winchester. It's $125, which seems a bargain compared with Lexus of Cerritos, who wanted $299 for the same thing, and Winchester gets far better reviews than Cerritos for the service department.
Old 05-04-15, 03:52 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,500 Likes on 1,803 Posts

Originally Posted by Gbp
There don't seem to be any examples nearby of Truffle Mica exterior and Light Gray/Dark Birdseye Maple wood trim interior. Does anyone have a similar combination and could they comment on it? Thanks!
My 2010 ES was truffle mica, its a beautiful color, I really liked it. The light grey/dark maple interior is very nice, goes well with the dark grey exterior.

I'm shopping for a new one, and the L will not fit into my standard sized single car garage just FYI. The SWB just fits.
Old 05-05-15, 04:53 AM
Gbp
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by SW13GS
My 2010 ES was truffle mica, its a beautiful color, I really liked it. The light grey/dark maple interior is very nice, goes well with the dark grey exterior.

I'm shopping for a new one, and the L will not fit into my standard sized single car garage just FYI. The SWB just fits.
Thanks for your thoughts on the color combination. We saw a local Truffle Mica RX yesterday and it resembled a darker Smoky Granite Mica with a hint of brown undertone. I wouldn't call it a brown car at all, despite the brown color swatch and caption I see on many car sales sites, such as Autotrader.
Old 05-05-15, 04:55 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,500 Likes on 1,803 Posts

Yeah I agree, and it takes on different colors in different light. I have some pictures of that ES, I'll post them.
Old 05-05-15, 06:27 AM
Gbp
Lexus Champion

Thanks. Looking forward to seeing the pictures.

Quick Reply: Input on LS460 2008-2010 Purchase