LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Finally upgraded!

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-15, 05:23 PM
R Z
Pole Position

Received 339 Likes on 259 Posts

What a fantastic vehicle. Love the color combo. You sure picked a nice ride for your first Lexus. Enjoy!
Old 02-02-15, 07:54 AM
peteybabes
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Gorgeous car! Welcome fellow Executive Class owner!
Old 02-02-15, 06:01 PM
yoshirocks
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Awesome thanks for the replies everyone!! I love the warm welcome and excellent suggestions! I just suspended the insurance today so only fire and theft on her now, 60 day minimum so the countdown is on until beginning of April, cant wait!

Just got about 20cm of snow in TO today so I put it in the garage just in time. During the buying process I had it checked out via Carproof (Canuck version of Carfax) and I went to the original lexus dealer to get some more info, regular service, and VSR has been done Jan 2011, and the engine seems to sound fine. They gave it a thumbs up. The winter mats were nice, I remember reading something about them sucking after the acceleration thing, unfortunately they didn't include the rears, maybe I'll get some weather techs. Already has tint and clear bra on front so I'm set there.

Some first mods I'd like to do is the Crestra app thing, PS nav and dvd bypass and the IVIS system looks cool too, maybe try and find some 19" 600HL wheels. Some dream items include the JDM sun visors, and JDM LED fogs. Not sure if its possible but some other dream items include the 10+ Sport's Brembo Brakes and the Sport's LSD Too bad you couldn't pair the touring package and exe package together.

Thanks again for all the kind words everyone! Living with the cavalier for 8 and a half years has paid off, that car is also the best I paid $900 for it back in 2006.
Old 02-02-15, 07:50 PM
yoshirocks
Driver School Candidate

Well I have to admit it but I am a complete idiot lol but also extremely lucky. After fixing the tire warning light by inflating the spare, the change cabin filter message came on.

So being curious and checking the manual I wanted to take out the filter to see how bad it was. Not reading carefully enough the system was in fresh air mode and after removing the covers and forcing the accordion cover up and checking the filter I put it back together and thought nothing of it until I read over here this morning.

When today I got home the first thing I checked was to see if switching the mode would bring the cover back down and it didn't but I heard the motor turning, I thought I broke the linkage, in the GS forums it looked like some people had success epoxying the linkage back together.

So tonight I decided to take the glove box out and checking to see what happened, after following this DIY by Shibumi1

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls4...tment-diy.html

I had it in pieces without anything else broken and to my great surprise I found the linkage was also not broken, so I simply re-attached it and at first the accordion was still not going down all the way, then I tried forcing it shut and I suppose the motor "relearned" how to shut and all is well now and its back in 1 piece.

To mitigate this problem in the future I am making a nice label for the cabin filter cover so this does not happen again and I will definitely read instructions more carefully!!

I took some pics and a video of how the mechanism works for those interested. More stuff from the previous owner keeps showing up lol. Thanks again to all on this forum I'd be lost without you guys!!

Last edited by yoshirocks; 02-03-15 at 03:19 AM. Reason: Added vid
Old 02-02-15, 09:34 PM
Vansibel
Intermediate

Received 56 Likes on 40 Posts

Yeah, that air filter thing is dreadful. Can't imagine saving all that time to finally buy the car you dreamed about to break it the first day Glad you managed to put it back together.

Coming myself from a 2003 Mitsubishi gallant when I bought my first ls600, I thought I took the biggest leap. But a 1992 Cavalier ? You sir are doing it better lol
Old 06-08-15, 06:58 PM
yoshirocks
Driver School Candidate

Well I thought I'd post a quick update, I got the car detailed and had paint sealer (cquartz) put on, also re-did the clear bra on the front and added some to the lights. Car came out great, also put some fresh tires, and did an oil change, should be good to go for a little while I hope, first pic is the hood, its like a black mirror

Last edited by yoshirocks; 06-08-15 at 07:02 PM.
Old 06-08-15, 08:37 PM
CarGuy89
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow that 460 looks phenomenal! Great detailing job. Also, a late congrats! Very cool that you have such a loaded 460L
Old 06-08-15, 08:43 PM
Gbp
Lexus Champion

Received 60 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by CarGuy89
Wow that 460 looks phenomenal! Great detailing job. Also, a late congrats! Very cool that you have such a loaded 460L
+1! Congratulations on your new ride!
Old 06-09-15, 12:31 AM
Nospinzone

Received 407 Likes on 315 Posts

A belated congrats on your new ride. I was on vacation when you started this thread, but I don't know how I missed it.

I wish you good luck with your new car. It looks fabulous.
Old 06-09-15, 05:27 AM
Tee

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts
Default Finally upgraded!

Looks really good I'm sure pics don't do any justice.
Old 06-09-15, 08:07 AM
roadfrog
Lexus Fanatic

Received 505 Likes on 383 Posts

Looks great. Are you happy with the CQuartz treatment? Have you decided on what tires you'll go with?
Old 06-10-15, 01:30 PM
CRowe14
Lexus Test Driver

Received 64 Likes on 45 Posts

The finish on that car looks like glass!
Beautiful!
How long did the detailer have your vehicle?
I wish I had at least some OEM wheels until (if) I decide to change them out, because the wheels that were on the car when I purchased it just take away from the vehicle...it bothers me quite a bit.
Love your car!
Old 06-11-15, 07:54 AM
NickTee
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Time to hire a chauffeur so you can take advantage of the back seat.
Old 06-11-15, 08:26 AM
scorpio74
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats on your new ride! What a beautiful car!
Old 06-11-15, 08:25 PM
yoshirocks
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for all the kind remarks everyone!! I am enjoying driving this car, going to work and back is more relaxing! Just did some longer driving and managed to get 25mpg ntb for a 4600lb boat with a v8!

Originally Posted by roadfrog
Looks great. Are you happy with the CQuartz treatment? Have you decided on what tires you'll go with?
Not sure yet, we will see how it stands up over time. I can now go to the touchless car washes if I need a quick job. the car has gotten quite dirty, I have to find some time to give it a good hand wash with the 2 bucket method.

As for tires I originally tried grabbing some Michelin Primacy MXM4, but they seemed to be out of stock and on back order, upon calling Michelin head office I've been told they have no idea when they will start manufacturing them again and I didn't feel like calling 1000 places to see if someone had some left overs in stock so I went with Pirelli Cinturato P7 All Season Plus instead, they seem be nice and they were a bit cheaper than the Michelins.

Originally Posted by CRowe14
The finish on that car looks like glass!
Beautiful!
How long did the detailer have your vehicle?
I wish I had at least some OEM wheels until (if) I decide to change them out, because the wheels that were on the car when I purchased it just take away from the vehicle...it bothers me quite a bit.
Love your car!
Thanks for the kind words! zmcgovern4 from over here referred me to my local detailer Kevin from GTA in Detail and his partner Marco who did the film I ended up leaving the car with Kevin and Marco for 3 days.

The OEM wheels look tiny on this car although when I was taking them off the change the tires they felt huge! I am liking either the 10+ Sport wheels or the 600 wheels But I've been on a spending spree lately and wheels will have to wait till next year

Quick Reply: Finally upgraded!