LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

The "My LS460/600 Story" Thread (age, occupation and more)

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-16, 12:44 PM
followthep
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

- General Location: Charlotte, NC
- Hobbies/Special Interests: Cars, football, Guns,and Technology
- How I Ended Up With My CL Username: FollowtheP – It came from one of my buddies from work that said to me that every car I own I always do something a little different than the next person which my response came to say “I’m a leader not a follower” which happens my last name starts with a “P” so I just added it to my username “FollowtheP”.
- Year and LS Model I own (want): 2009 LS460 SWB…do want at 2013 or better will be the next purchase.
- The Moment I Knew I Just Had To Have An LS: The moment I knew was when my truck was totaled in a freak accident and the next car that passed me was a “Green 2007 LS460” and I said at that moment I gotta get me one of those for sure once I settle up with my insurance claim..that’s when I knew.
- Favorite Factory (OEM) Feature and Why: The automatic door closing feature because I always admired the Cadillac for the trunk and when I saw the doors close like that as well I just loved it.
- Least Favorite OEM Feature and Why: The stock halogen lights of the high beam that look yellow until you upgrade to another type of bulb.
- If I Could Have One Aftermarket Mod Right Now, It Would Be:An aftermarket air ride system. Secretly I’m eyeing a 2010 LS460L/600HL with all the options.
- What I Love About My LS The Most: Smooth and quiet ride with the awesome stereo upgrades I put into it.
- What I Hate About My LS The Most: Expensive hobby if you let it get out of hand..LOL. My dad always told either you gonna pay now or much much more later…he was right so I made my choice with an LS460 instead of the Audi S8 which costs too much to keep repairing..So, I made an educated decision and its been an awesome experience.
- The One Thing That Most People Don't Know About Me Is..: That I’m a family man first then once all the family needs not wants have been met then my needs come first but when it’s my time nothing will get in my way to get what I want.
Old 01-14-16, 01:23 PM
jmcraney
Forum Moderator

Received 277 Likes on 209 Posts

- General Location: Garland TX
- Hobbies/Special Interests: Ballroom dancing, gardening, photography
- How I Ended Up With My CL Username: It's part of my email address
- Year and LS Model I own (want): 2014 LS460
- The Moment I Knew I Just Had To Have An LS: When I parted with my 1993 Mazda 929 I bought a 1997 LS400. The 929 was not a good experience - the 97 LS400 was a very good experience
- Favorite Factory (OEM) Feature and Why: The TPMS, Wireless Electronic Key and the GPS Navigation System. All of these features are very reliable. The TPMS is a great safety feature, but I suspect it is not well understood or properly utilized by most owners. The Navigation System has great utility but I suspect it is also underutilized and not well understood by most owners (I do not have the Prestigious Society override)
- Least Favorite OEM Feature and Why: Most of my night driving is in the metropolitan area so I find little use for the automatic high/low beam headlight feature.
- If I Could Have One Aftermarket Mod Right Now, It Would Be: I never add any aftermarket stuff
- What I Love About My LS The Most: The Quiet ride
- What I Hate About My LS The Most: On my 2014, the Outside Temperature is only displayed in front of the driver. On all of my previous cars the outside temperature was displayed in the center of the dash and easily visible to both the driver and passengers. I preferred the digital clock of my '07 to the analog clock of the '14.
- The One Thing That Most People Don't Know About Me Is..:At this time in life I find that most people like to talk about themselves and that fits well with my view that you can't learn much while you are talking - I listen.

Last edited by jmcraney; 01-14-16 at 01:28 PM.
Old 01-14-16, 06:04 PM
raymmer
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

65, Retired Air Force Master Sergeant
Old 01-14-16, 06:43 PM
CJITTY
Lead Lap

Received 151 Likes on 113 Posts

I'm glad to see this thread is still going strong, but I noticed a few skipped the fun questions. Let's try to keep to the script and use the template in the OP folks ;-)

- Hobbies/Special Interests:
- How I Ended Up With My CL Username:
- Year and LS Model I own (want):
- The Moment I Knew I Just Had To Have An LS:
- Favorite Factory (OEM) Feature and Why:
- Least Favorite OEM Feature and Why:
- If I Could Have One Aftermarket Mod Right Now, It Would Be:
- What I Love About My LS The Most:
- What I Hate About My LS The Most:
- The One Thing That Most People Don't Know About Me Is..:

Last edited by CJITTY; 01-14-16 at 06:56 PM.
Old 01-15-16, 04:41 AM
Rhambler
Lexus Test Driver

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

- General Location: Sacramento, CA
- Occupation: Engineering Manager: Systems Engineering Division (Electrical Engineer)
- Hobbies/Special Interests: Baseball, Softball, going to Giants' games, watching sports, fishing, reading history and ice-cold beer
- How I Ended Up With My CL Username: Random name, my usual name was already taken, however, I've asked to get my name changed
- Year and LS Model I own (want): 2016 Lexus LS 460 Base
- The Moment I Knew I Just Had To Have An LS: Wanted this big beauty for a long time, going back to the first LS.
- Favorite Factory (OEM) Feature and Why: Bluetooth streaming. Can't tell you how annoyed I was that my previous car (2006 Acura RL) didn't even have a jack to plug in my ipod yet the 2007 version did! Now all is well.
- Least Favorite OEM Feature and Why: None so far
- If I Could Have One Aftermarket Mod Right Now, It Would Be: Wheels (soon)
- What I Love About My LS The Most: Plushness, how comfortable it is, how quiet it is and frankly how unpretentious it is. I love the fact that it is (in my opinion) an undercover cruiser that insulates me completely from the outside world. It's like a living-room on wheels. Love it!
- What I Hate About My LS The Most: Big. While I don't hate it, I had to get used to a car that is almost a half a foot longer than my previous car.
- The One Thing That Most People Don't Know About Me Is..: I'm a certified beer-snob and an engineer who actually likes to write.

Last edited by Rhambler; 01-15-16 at 05:07 AM.
Old 01-15-16, 02:13 PM
1111GS
Forum Moderator

Received 97 Likes on 85 Posts

Saw a couple in late 20s and early 30 stepping out of a fairly new, shiny LS. I thought it was a bit unusual, but this thread does show some in that range. to you guys and gals.
Old 01-18-16, 11:38 PM
Spartan8
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

54, CFO for mortgage company
Old 01-20-16, 11:56 AM
kitchamp
Rookie

- General Location: TX
- Hobbies/Special Interests: Golf, cars, watches
- How I Ended Up With My CL Username: My university assigned me this username, and it has stuck since
- Year and LS Model I own (want): Own 2007 LWB
- The Moment I Knew I Just Had To Have An LS: First time I drove the 96 LS400 I bought from my dad, I was hooked. Led to a 99, then 2004, then the current 07.
- Favorite Factory (OEM) Feature and Why: Radar cruise - makes long distance driving a pleasure
- Least Favorite OEM Feature and Why: Park assist - never used it besides the first time someone asked me to show them how the car could park itself
- If I Could Have One Aftermarket Mod Right Now, It Would Be: Full air ride
- What I Love About My LS The Most: Smooth power delivery with a quiet ride
- What I Hate About My LS The Most: Weak door hinges
- The One Thing That Most People Don't Know About Me Is..: I speak 4 languages
Old 02-05-16, 10:03 PM
PNPhan
Driver School Candidate

I'm 18, just got an 07 LS460. Currently a college student/ebayer
Old 02-18-16, 03:06 AM
VIPanda460
Intermediate

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts

- General Location: Los Angeles
- Hobbies/Special Interests: Graffiti, Tattoos, Craft Beers, Coding, Cars, Foodie, Tech
- How I Ended Up With My CL Username: A marriage between Busta Rhymes and Got Rice days and as a result popping out an offspring of my username. Something I had forever.
- Year and LS Model I own (want): Own a 2015 LS460 F-Sport
- The Moment I Knew I Just Had To Have An LS: From fixing up 2 Camrys to an IS300 has ultimately led me to this devine path of Toyo/Lex enlightenment.
- Favorite Factory (OEM) Feature and Why: Back-up camera because somehow someone or something always tends to appear from thin air for some reason.
- Least Favorite OEM Feature and Why: That retarded mouse-like object that controls the navi.
- If I Could Have One Aftermarket Mod Right Now, It Would Be: Futura BBK
- What I Love About My LS The Most: Comfort
- What I Hate About My LS The Most: Clunkyness
- The One Thing That Most People Don't Know About Me Is..: I'm new here but I'm not new here. Joined earlier but was mainly on my.is and Toyota Nation prior so been lurkin at best until picked up the LS.
Old 02-19-16, 06:23 AM
docmarioce
Driver

- General Location: Miramar, FL
- Hobbies/Special Interests: Lexus cars, Photography, Technology, Fitness.
- How I Ended Up With My CL Username: Is part of my e-mail. (The doc is for doctor since I was an MD in my country of birth).
- Year and LS Model I own (want): 2011 LS 460 comfort package.
- The Moment I Knew I Just Had To Have An LS: When I realized I didn't love my previous car, a Lexus ES 2014 and needed more power.
- Favorite Factory (OEM) Feature and Why: Don't know yet.
- Least Favorite OEM Feature and Why: Car not be able to determine which tire pressure is which in the dashboard.
- If I Could Have One Aftermarket Mod Right Now, It Would Be: Remote starter.
- What I Love About My LS The Most: Reliability.
- What I Hate About My LS The Most: Nothing.
- The One Thing That Most People Don't Know About Me Is..: I have a lot of respect for my person but I'm not as sophisticated as I look like.
Old 02-20-16, 06:02 PM
johnnyg66
Racer

Received 152 Likes on 130 Posts

Guess it's my turn.

- General Location: Wichita ,Kansas
- Hobbies/Special Interests: Gardening, Car/Home repair, Baseball
- How I Ended Up With My CL Username: I have used this nickname for over 20 years. Name/birth year
- Year and LS Model I own (want): 2007 LS460L
- The Moment I Knew I Just Had To Have An LS: When they came out in 1990. Just had to wait.
- Favorite Factory (OEM) Feature and Why: Heated/Cooled seats front and rear. Wife request.
- Least Favorite OEM Feature and Why: Soft door closers. Because only two still work
- If I Could Have One Aftermarket Mod Right Now, It Would Be: Side mirror turn indicators.
- What I Love About My LS The Most: When I get compliments about how the car looks.
- What I Hate About My LS The Most: How pricey fixes are.
- The One Thing That Most People Don't Know About Me Is..I love the banjo.
Old 08-18-16, 12:57 PM
myroncuz
Rookie

- General Location: Hawaii cuzzzz
- Hobbies/Special Interests: aquarium fishes and now back in the car scene
- How I Ended Up With My CL Username: my nickname from way back
- Year and LS Model I own (want): 2007 ls460L
- The Moment I Knew I Just Had To Have An LS: my suv got hit n run so decided only car I would get is a big one.
- Favorite Factory (OEM) Feature and Why: power trunk. cant live without it!
- Least Favorite OEM Feature and Why: headrest. how the hell do I lower it???
- If I Could Have One Aftermarket Mod Right Now, It Would Be: FI
- What I Love About My LS The Most: big and long
- What I Hate About My LS The Most: did I mention headrest?
- The One Thing That Most People Don't Know About Me Is..:
im a freak in bed
Old 08-18-16, 03:47 PM
GR6RR
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

lower headrest? the bar the you use to move the back position front or back, push down on it.
Old 08-19-16, 01:39 PM
Robb92914
Driver

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

- General Location: Tampa, FL
- Hobbies/Special Interests: Playing basketball, the piano, family time, cars
- How I Ended Up With My CL Username: Name and daughters bday
- Year and LS Model I own (want): 2010 LS460L
- The Moment I Knew I Just Had To Have An LS: When I pulled up next to a lwb in my gs300 lol
- Favorite Factory (OEM) Feature and Why: Rims...love the 5 star factory wheels
- Least Favorite OEM Feature and Why: back up camera guidance lines
- If I Could Have One Aftermarket Mod Right Now, It Would Be: DVD override
- What I Love About My LS The Most: The size and comfort
- What I Hate About My LS The Most: The back up camera
- The One Thing That Most People Don't Know About Me Is..: I started from the bottom and now im here

Quick Reply: The "My LS460/600 Story" Thread (age, occupation and more)