LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

The "My LS460/600 Story" Thread (age, occupation and more)

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-15, 08:56 PM
LXurious
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

- General Location: SF Bay Area
- Hobbies/Special Interests: Watching sports and traveling and pimping my rides.
- How I Ended Up With My CL Username: First lexus was a LX 470 and Lexus has always been luxurious so it was a play on those words.
- Year and LS Model I own (want): 2008 LS600hL
- The Moment I Knew I Just Had To Have An LS: When I saw the tri-projector LED headlights on the 600.
- Favorite Factory (OEM) Feature and Why: Tie between the LED AFS lights because they look awesome and the auto park I had it work one time infront of the club with a line out the door and my hands out the sunroof boy did I cause a scene.
- Least Favorite OEM Feature and Why: The pre collision whatever the infrared sensor on my steering wheel is that brakes for me. When Im speeding in an out of lanes it breaks as I try and hit a gap. I know it's dangerous and I shouldnt but Id rather control my own destiny than have my car brake for me when I know how much clearance I have.
- If I Could Have One Aftermarket Mod Right Now, It Would Be: Angel Eye halos on my 3 projectors, Endless Projects has endless projects apparently...
- What I Love About My LS The Most:Reliability, Uniqueness.
- What I Hate About My LS The Most: Not sporty, lacks power.
- The One Thing That Most People Don't Know About Me Is.. Im the youngest 600hl owner ever.
Old 02-09-15, 12:13 AM
chieftd
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

- General Location: Honolulu Hawaii
- Occupation: Retired US Air Force, current civil service employee
- Hobbies/Special Interests: golf
- How I Ended Up With My CL Username: my military rank (Chief) and initials (TD)
- Year and LS Model I own (want): own 2014 LS 460 SWB
- The Moment I Knew I Just Had To Have An LS: Unfortunately right after I bought my 2013 GS 350
- Favorite Factory (OEM) Feature and Why: dynamic cruise control, it works great on the highway
- Least Favorite OEM Feature and Why: heated steering wheel, don't really need it here
- If I Could Have One Aftermarket Mod Right Now: custom wheels and tires
- What I Love About My LS The Most: Great looks and uniqueness
- What I Hate About My LS The Most: musty smell from the A/C from time to time
- The One Thing That Most People Don't Know About Me Is. I've traveled the world and visited 65 countries
Old 02-25-15, 06:04 PM
PsiPhi
Driver School Candidate

- General Location: TN
- Hobbies/Special Interests: Football fan, shooting
- How I Ended Up With My CL Username: My Fratenity
- Year and LS Model I own (want): 2008 460
- The Moment I Knew I Just Had To Have An LS: when I rode in my buddy's ls
- Favorite Factory (OEM) Feature and Why: Hold feature...because not many other cars have it
- Least Favorite OEM Feature and Why: not being able to enter addresses while in drive
- If I Could Have One Aftermarket Mod Right Now, It Would Be: complete Waldo body kit
- What I Love About My LS The Most: the smooth ride
- What I Hate About My LS The Most: cost of installing mods
- The One Thing That Most People Don't Know About Me Is..: I love reading Shakespeare ( if you tell I'll come looking for u )
Old 06-12-15, 01:37 PM
CJITTY

Received 146 Likes on 109 Posts

First I want to say thanks to those who have responded. I noticed that there have been a lot of new members to our forum since February 9 (last post), so I am bumping this thread and hoping those who missed the first round can contribute to this thread so we can continue building this network. So with that said...BUMP!
Old 06-12-15, 02:44 PM
satiger
Instructor

Received 90 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by CJITTY
First I want to say thanks to those who have responded. I noticed that there have been a lot of new members to our forum since February 9 (last post), so I am bumping this thread and hoping those who missed the first round can contribute to this thread so we can continue building this network. So with that said...BUMP!
Great idea, I am one of those missed the posts.......

- General Location: New Jersey
- Hobbies/Special Interests: Music, Home audio, cars & sleeping!
- How I Ended Up With My CL Username: I was in San Antonio when I opened this account. Like tigers. Thus merged SA + Tiger
- Year and LS Model I own (want): 2012 LS 460L
- The Moment I Knew I Just Had To Have An LS: Not really, had an eye for several years. Waited until my other cars have enough miles to give them little break
- Favorite Factory (OEM) Feature and Why: ML audio, Radar cruise. ML of cause for its hi fidelity sound reproduction. Radar for its technology
- Least Favorite OEM Feature and Why: Nothing really
- If I Could Have One Aftermarket Mod Right Now, It Would Be: Blind spot monitor
- What I Love About My LS The Most: Floating, quite ride
- What I Hate About My LS The Most: Exterior design, prefer BMW exterior
- The One Thing That Most People Don't Know About Me Is..: Nothing, an open book
Old 06-12-15, 04:11 PM
netinfant
Driver School Candidate

- General Location: Calgary, Alberta
- Hobbies/Special Interests: Basketball, Swimming, Hi-Fi and Cars
- How I Ended Up With My CL Username: Used it since 1996 so no point to think of another
- Year and LS Model I own (want): 2008 LS600hL (own)
- The Moment I Knew I Just Had To Have An LS: When I realized my 2015 STI worth more than this vehicle
- Favorite Factory (OEM) Feature and Why: EV mode that I could come home late without being noticed....
- Least Favorite OEM Feature and Why: None
- If I Could Have One Aftermarket Mod Right Now, It Would Be: Bluetooth Audio Streaming, big wheels
- What I Love About My LS The Most: Quiet
- What I Hate About My LS The Most: In the corners
- The One Thing That Most People Don't Know About Me Is..: Arthritis. The seat in the LS is really helping ease the back pain while driving. (well, compared to STI..)
- The One Thing That LS600hl Owner Knows Is...: While driving on steep downhill with hybrid battery almost full, the engine rev is higher when you don't put on gas and the engine rev is lower when do put your foot on the gas...The opposite reaction from the vehicle.

Last edited by netinfant; 10-19-15 at 05:56 PM. Reason: experience update
Old 06-12-15, 11:20 PM
jainla
Intermediate

Received 42 Likes on 24 Posts

- General Location: Los Angeles
- Hobbies/Special Interests: Fixing cars, Bonsai Trees, Photography
- How I Ended Up With My CL Username: My initials + where I live (JA + in LA)
- Year and LS Model I own (want): 2008 LS 600h L / 2001 LS 430
- The Moment I Knew I Just Had To Have An LS: 1989 at the NY Auto show. Then driving one a few months later with a family friend who was test driving.
- Favorite Factory (OEM) Feature and Why: All of them! 600h: Crazy rear seat / power sunshades (for the look on people's faces). 430: silence (until the V8 breaks it).
- Least Favorite OEM Feature and Why: 2008 Bluetooth Phone integration is kind of basic; the Parrot systems in my other cars are much better.
- If I Could Have One Aftermarket Mod Right Now, It Would Be: LKA button Mod (when I have time)
- What I Love About My LS The Most: The quality and the silence.
- What I Hate About My LS The Most: That I don't have one for every day of the week (yet).
- The One Thing That Most People Don't Know About Me Is..: that I don't have cable TV.

Old 06-13-15, 06:44 AM
MrMark
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

- General Location: NJ
- Hobbies/Special Interests: Cars and real estate
- How I Ended Up With My CL Username: My name is Mark....LOL
- Year and LS Model I own (want): LS460
- The Moment I Knew I Just Had To Have An LS: When I saw the new Aimgain fenders
- Favorite Factory (OEM) Feature and Why: None.....my car has lost most if not all OE features...LOL
- Least Favorite OEM Feature and Why: ......can't remember because they've been replaced
- If I Could Have One Aftermarket Mod Right Now, It Would Be: HKS Supercharger
- What I Love About My LS The Most: How it came out
- What I Hate About My LS The Most: I want a 2013 and up now....
- The One Thing That Most People Don't Know About Me Is..: I'm very old.....
Old 06-13-15, 08:03 AM
CarGuy89
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Cool thread! Since I'm one of the new guys...here goes

- General Location: Ann Arbor, MI - soon to be Sterling Heights, MI
- Hobbies/Special Interests: Cars, technology, video games, sports (to an extent), spending time with friends and family
- How I Ended Up With My CL Username: Car enthusiast born in '89...yeah creative right?
- Year and LS Model I own (want): 2012 LS460 AWD/2004 LS430 - for sale. Want to get a Porsche 911 or Audi R8 in the next 10 yrs, and eventually my ultimate dream is a V12 Lambo of some sort
- The Moment I Knew I Just Had To Have An LS: My senior yr of high school in 2007, when one of my buddies got one - an LS430 UL.
- Favorite Factory (OEM) Feature and Why: Nav, heated/cooled seats, double pane windows, door closers...I could go on for a while lol
- Least Favorite OEM Feature and Why: None so far
- If I Could Have One Aftermarket Mod Right Now, It Would Be: None yet - what can you really do to a flagship like this?
- What I Love About My LS The Most: Driving it - the interior is such a nice place to be and the ride and NVH is just exceptional! At my age, I feel like such a boss!
- What I Hate About My LS The Most: Parking/leaving it unattended - finding that perfect wide end spot is tricky
- The One Thing That Most People Don't Know About Me Is..: I enjoy hip hop/rap music despite being raised in an Asian family lol!
Old 06-13-15, 09:10 AM
Gbp
Lexus Champion

Received 60 Likes on 56 Posts

- General Location: Marin County, SF Bay Area
- Hobbies/Special Interests: Travel, reading, art, chess, table tennis, philosophy (OK, BS sessions), many others.
- How I Ended Up With My CL Username: Probably obvious
- Year and LS Model I own : 2010 LS460 (purchased 5/2015, my first luxury car and first Lexus)
- The Moment I Knew I Just Had To Have An LS: Succumbed to a mid-life crisis to get a high-end used luxury SWB sedan with a quiet, smooth ride, quality materials and fit and finish, relatively decent MPG, excellent rear seat comfort (not just the front) that was reliable. I tend to keep cars a long time. I looked at Jaguar, Audi, Mercedes, Infiniti, Hyundai (Genesis) and others, but always returned to the LS460, despite the fact that it held its value better than the other cars (for good reason) and therefore I'd likely pay more for it. With the ML and Comfort Plus options, as well as its standard features, elegance, and ergonomics, the LS was above its peers. It looked nice, too.
- Favorite Factory (OEM) Feature and Why: It's difficult to choose a single feature; in fact, the features and design combine to provide a truly pleasurable driving experience. OK, I'll mention one: the keyless start and smart entry. I rarely have to remove the key fob from my pocket.
- Least Favorite OEM Feature and Why: The paint job, while beautiful, seems to have little or no resistance to scratches (micro and otherwise), paint swirls, and stone chips. I'm considering getting the car partially wrapped after I have it detailed.
- If I Could Have One Aftermarket Mod Right Now, It Would Be: Either a bypass for the locked-out functions while the car is in motion, or a device that will enable me to use my Andoid phone screen and software, including navigation, on my car's nav system.
- What I Love About My LS The Most: The appearance (interior and exterior), quality, features, comfort, and smooth ride. My wife and I have much different temperature tolerances, so we're loving the dual climate controls. Some examples of minor features with a big impact: the ability to control not just the airflow direction through each vent, but the amount of airflow; the seat heating/cooling controls are dials, not switches.
- What I Hate About My LS The Most: Not really "hate", but I wish the city MPG were higher. If Lexus had offered a SWB version of the LS600h in the USA, I would have been tempted. Also, there are some surprising omissions in a luxury car like this: interior illumination/backlighting is lacking on a number of controls and switches; no intermittent wipers, much less frequency settings for them. Rain-sensing wipers and two fixed-speed settings shouldn't be the only choices.
- The One Thing That Most People Don't Know About Me Is: My sense of humor can be pretty juvenile and morbid, although I'm more a Monty Python fan than a Benny Hill one. There are limits! I like making bad puns. I blame my 15-year-old for encouraging me.

Last edited by Gbp; 06-13-15 at 04:45 PM.
Old 06-13-15, 04:05 PM
DJWLDW
Pole Position

Received 419 Likes on 311 Posts

GENERAL LOCATION: NW Arkansas
HOBBIES/SPECIAL INTEREST: Sailing, Flying, Travel, Spending Time with the Love of My Life
HOW I ENDED UP WITH CL USERNAME: My Initials and the Love of My Life
YEAR AND LS MODEL I OWN: 2010 LS 460L
THE MOMENT I KNEW I JUST HAD TO HAVE LS: In 2013 we moved back to NW Arkansas fulltime and I would drive our 82 year old friend to her doctor appointments or lunch when she could no longer drive in her 2010 AWD LS460 with 20K miles on it. She said she was going to get a new LS in 14/15. I convinced her that was a bad ideal in as much as her 2010 only had 20K on it and she could no longer drive it herself. The Love of my life was not going with Vett #5 and I really enjoyed driving the 2010 LS 460. So I went looking and found a 2010 LS460L 40 miles away that I could track from birth.
FAVORITE FACTORY (OEM) FEATURE AND WHY: Heated and cooled seats in all positions. The Love of my life loves them.
LEAST FAVORITE (OEM) FEATURE AND WHY: When you put the auto temp feature on for the passenger it turns off the AC filter and the reclining seats in the rear as I never get to use them.
IF I COULD HAVE ONE AFTER MARKET MOD RIGHT NOW, IT WOULD BE: New Wheels
WHAT I LOVE ABOUT MY LS THE MOST: The Ride, MPG and how Quite it is.
WHAT I HATE ABOUT MY LS THE MOST: I cannot stop taking it on long trips.
THE ONE THING THAT MOST PEOPLE DON'T KNOW ABOUT ME IS: How tender hearted I am about children.
Old 06-13-15, 08:35 PM
DiggerJim
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

- General Location: CT
- Hobbies/Special Interests: Long distance motorcycle riding, SAR drone pilot, 3D printing/prosthetics, cooking, BBQ (smoking), bread baking, soap making
- How I Ended Up With My CL Username: backpacking buddy gave it to me as my trail name due to the way I hike and lead groups - reminded him of the farm boss when he was working tobacco
- Year and LS Model I own (want): 2008 LS600h (also own an 08 SC430), not interested in the newer ones - hate the spindle grille (can you say JAWS?)
- The Moment I Knew I Just Had To Have An LS: A guy I work with has an LS that I rode in and my Benz is on its way out (mfg defect in the heat treating of the camshafts they refuse to pay to fix because no one should expect a Benz to last more than 125,000 miles...seriously, that's their line)
- Favorite Factory (OEM) Feature and Why: Rock solid reliability
- Least Favorite OEM Feature and Why: nanny nav lockout
- If I Could Have One Aftermarket Mod Right Now, It Would Be: Prestigious nav upgrade
- What I Love About My LS The Most: It's super comfortable, plenty of power for me, ultra-lux
- What I Hate About My LS The Most: Controls are different between the SC and the LS - have to look at the steering wheel to find the button I want when I switch between the cars
- The One Thing That Most People Don't Know About Me Is..: I'd be diagnosed ADHD except I can't sit still long enough for a doc to get the chance

Last edited by DiggerJim; 06-13-15 at 08:38 PM.
Old 09-02-15, 11:38 AM
CRowe14
Lexus Test Driver

Received 64 Likes on 45 Posts

Just performing a "bump" with this thread as I enjoy reading it every time I think to dig for it!
The community has had quite a few new members since the last post in June, so please, feel free to let us know about you. Its a great solid group of people here in this corner of the forum!

If by any chance you've recently purchased a new/pre-owned LS 460 and I missed your post, may I say, congratulations and enjoy your car!
Old 09-02-15, 12:14 PM
dal20402
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Thank you for the bump! Great thread, and I hadn't found it before you bumped it.

- General Location: Seattle area
- Hobbies/Special Interests: Hanging out with my one-year-old, playing the violin and piano, skiing, hiking, biking, cars
- How I Ended Up With My CL Username: Very long story
- Year and LS Model I own (want): 2008 LS460 SWB, C+/ML, every option but DRCC
- The Moment I Knew I Just Had To Have An LS: Jalopnik's recent story on the Land Cruiser/LX, which has the best reliability ratings of any vehicle made, made me think about build quality and durability in a new light. I had no wish for a giant truck, but when I did the math I figured out that the LS was the most reliable car in existence.

- Favorite Factory (OEM) Feature and Why: So many! I think I'll have to choose the ML system, though. The best car stereo I've ever had including a couple of aftermarket systems.
- Least Favorite OEM Feature and Why: Rain-sensing mode can't be defeated on the intermittent wipers. Just let me set the interval.

- If I Could Have One Aftermarket Mod Right Now, It Would Be: 2010-2012 turn signal mirrors. It drives me crazy that there's no blinker visible from beside the car. Too pricey for me, though. I also want... 1) a Triton V3-style switchback LED that would fit in the 921 socket for the front turn signal (so I can have full high beam function combined with a nice white DRL) and 2) to replace my 18s with the 2008-12 five-spoke or 2010-11 Sport OEM 19s.

- What I Love About My LS The Most: Smooth ride, quality materials, toys.
- What I Hate About My LS The Most: Sometimes the transmission is dull-witted. Stupid control arm bushings that cost big $ to fix.

- The One Thing That Most People Don't Know About Me Is..: In my life, I've been a hotel manager, a professional bus driver, a gig musician, and a janitor.
Old 09-02-15, 06:02 PM
JiffyPop
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

- General Location: CT
- Hobbies/Special Interests: Home Theater, Guns, Motorcycles, MotoGP, Roller Coasters
- How I Ended Up With My CL Username: old screen name when i was 16 and had a 64 Impala
- Year and LS Model I own: 2008 LS600h
- The Moment I Knew I Just Had To Have An LS: Drove my '98 GS400 for 11 years. Time came around to shop for a replacement. Being a tall guy (6'3") and getting a little older I thought I would step it up a notch. Went to the local lexus dealer who had a used 07 LWB with comfort package. When i sat in the back seat and reclined, I knew I HAD to have it.
- Favorite Factory (OEM) Feature and Why: Radar Cruise / ML Audio
- Least Favorite OEM Feature and Why: navigation lockout while driving, no bluetooth audio
- If I Could Have One Aftermarket Mod Right Now, It Would Be: Prestigious Society Nav/Video
- What I Love About My LS The Most: Quiet, gorgeous, Ultra luxurious, giving friends rides, getting driven around in the back seat, exclusive (haven't ever seen another LS600hL on the road), ML Audio is AMAZING
- What I Hate About My LS The Most: The A/C seats dont cool as much as other cars, no massage
- The One Thing That Most People Don't Know About Me Is..: I used to drag race a turbocharged 550whp Suzuki Hayabusa.

Last edited by JiffyPop; 09-02-15 at 06:07 PM.

Quick Reply: The "My LS460/600 Story" Thread (age, occupation and more)