LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

The "My LS460/600 Story" Thread (age, occupation and more)

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-15, 08:19 AM
RodT
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

- General Location: Jackson, MS
- Hobbies/Special Interests: Working on Cars, Home & Car Audio, and Sleeping
- How I Ended Up With My CL Username: I was born with it, LOL; Rod is short for my first name and T is the first initial of my last name, so i just put the two together and bam!!!!! RodT.
- Year and LS Model I own (want): 2008 LS600hL maybe a 2013 or better would be nice
- The Moment I Knew I Just Had To Have An LS: Back in 92" as a kid when i first saw the 92" LS400 and fell in love with LS model.
- Favorite Factory (OEM) Feature and Why: Radar cruise control ( just an extra set of eyes monitoring the road as i drive) Executive Rear Seat ( everything about this feature)
- Least Favorite OEM Feature and Why: Heated steering wheel because the wood doesn't heated and it alters my normal hand on the steering wheel position
- If I Could Have One Aftermarket Mod Right Now, It Would Be: Maybe another set of wheels
- What I Love About My LS The Most: Everything ( that's my baby) plus the exclusiveness factor that where i live there are only two 600hL's and we rarely see each other
- What I Hate About My LS The Most: Nothing
- The One Thing That Most People Don't Know About Me Is.. I don't watch sports ( football, basketball, baseball etc... just not into any of them) and I dislike NASCAR
Old 01-28-15, 08:47 AM
7milesout
Advanced

Received 78 Likes on 62 Posts

- General Location: South of Atlanta
- Hobbies/Special Interests: Vehicles, Adventure Motorcycling, Off-Road
- How I Ended Up With My CL Username: I'm 7 miles from things arrestable
- Year and LS Model I own (want): 2010 460L
- The Moment I Knew I Just Had To Have An LS: When my best friend paid his first maintenance bill on the M5 I had wanted.
- Favorite Factory (OEM) Feature and Why: ML system, in particular the wireless linking of Pandora
- Least Favorite OEM Feature and Why: Radar Cruise, too abrupt, follows too closely, too nanny.
- If I Could Have One Aftermarket Mod Right Now, It Would Be: NOS
- What I Love About My LS The Most: My friends ask me to bring it in to go to lunch in style.
- What I Hate About My LS The Most: Friggin slush box transmission. Give me a manual.
- The One Thing That Most People Don't Know About Me Is..: My next wife is Sandra Bullock (she just doesn't realize that yet) and I'm not nearly as full of s--- as most people think.

Last edited by 7milesout; 01-28-15 at 10:14 AM.
Old 01-28-15, 09:05 AM
Shibumi1
Lexus Champion

Received 84 Likes on 60 Posts

Age: old enuff to know better but young enuff to not care!! (41)

Location- Orlando Fl

Occupation: I own a business installing custom audio & accessories

Hobbies/interests: cars,music, electronics, travel..anything that doesnt require common sense...

How i ended up with my CL username: Shibumi is a Japanese philosophy pertaining primarily towards achieving inner peace. There are two definitions that i try to adhere to. ..1st Great refinement underlying commonplace appearances . 2nd (the harder of the 2) Being without angst of becoming. .

Year and model Ls i own (want): currently own an 07 Ls460 swb with comfort package(modded within an inch of its life).. I'm totally happy with my current Ls.. ( but my pending midlife crisis will be an Audi R8 modded to death)

The moment i knew i just had to have an Ls: Seeing the Vipauto salon Ls with the Wald bodykit in a mag..

Favorite factory oem feature: the Ml stereo. it was the 1st system that had proper speaker placement for correct soundstage depth an imaging.

Least favorite oem feature: the trunk close feature only able to be used from the rear switch (modded an fixed).. 2nd having to pay for Navigation updates on a outdated system... (hey lexus google maps updates for FREE wtf do give me for $300.... but constant disappointments)

If i could have 1 aftermarket mod right now: it WILL BE streaming wifi a/v to the oem system for Navigation or movies etc

What i love most: Driving it!!!!!

What i hate most: it can't be used as my work truck....

The one thing most people dont know is: I live my life! On purpose not by accident. If i can be better today than i was yesterday (no matter how small) its a win...

Last edited by Shibumi1; 01-28-15 at 10:17 AM.
Old 01-28-15, 09:41 AM
Nat
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Hobbies/interests: VIP cars and Home theater

How I ended up with my CL username: I couldn't think of a cool username so...I used my
name. lol

Year and model LS I own (want): Currently own a 2007 LS460L. What I like to see in my
garage is a
Panamera but living in California, it's just not that ea$y.

The moment I knew i just had to have an LS: Seeing the VIPCars issue with all the LS460 in it.

Favorite factory OEM Feature: Hard drive in the head unit so I don't need to have a bunch of
CDs in the car.

Least Favorite OEM Feature: Not sure if I have any...

If I could have 1 aftermarket MOD right now: HKS Supercharge

What I Love about my LS the most: The way it drive, how smooth and comfortable even with
after market suspension. (Air Runner OTG)

What I Hate about my LS the most: Supercharger for it is so damn expensive.

The one thing most people don't know about me is: Because I look like an a-hole doesn't
mean I act like an a-hole. I'm actually very mellow.
Old 01-28-15, 10:53 AM
PMIRO2
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

- General Location: Tampa Bay
- Hobbies/Special Interests: Cars, my two daughters, beer, beach
- How I Ended Up With My CL Username: mixture of my last name and used to own a mr2
- Year and LS Model I own (want): 2008 LS460 swb
- The Moment I Knew I Just Had To Have An LS: first time I test drove one. My boss told me I needed to trade my GS because it was too much of a "hot rod".
- Favorite Factory (OEM) Feature and Why: Power mode. Whether it makes a big difference or not, the motor feel more aggressive and the Joe Z exhaust sound more throaty
- Least Favorite OEM Feature and Why: the DRL lights. Makes the car look dated. I will be getting them disabled.
- If I Could Have One Aftermarket Mod Right Now, It Would Be: My new wheels. Been waiting since July as the rear wheel offset was not correct and it touched the calipers. Hurry up Japan!
- What I Love About My LS The Most: I do not see many in Tampa so it feels more exclusive. The ride is amazing.
- What I Hate About My LS The Most: I little boring at times. Sometimes question if I should have gotten an ISF instead.
- The One Thing That Most People Don't Know About Me Is..:I am an open book, so no secrets. I listen to a lot of hip hop for an older white guy, which seems to surprise the younger folks. I used to be sponsored for skateboarding by a shop up north. Have been involved in martial arts since 16. I may be little, but can kick some a$$. Lol.

Last edited by PMIRO2; 01-28-15 at 10:56 AM.
Old 01-28-15, 01:53 PM
jtech
Driver School Candidate

- General Location: Washington State
- Hobbies/Special Interests: Cars / Electronics / Sports
- How I Ended Up With My CL Username: No idea, been using it since the 80's on BBS's
- Year and LS Model I own (want): 2008 460L
- The Moment I Knew I Just Had To Have An LS: When I sold my 740il
- Favorite Factory (OEM) Feature and Why: Radar Cruise, I drive a lot and this helps with fatigue on long trips
- Least Favorite OEM Feature and Why: Nav and Phone lockout
- If I Could Have One Aftermarket Mod Right Now, It Would Be: Nav Bypass
- What I Love About My LS The Most: Smooth Ride
- What I Hate About My LS The Most: As others have said, seems to have a lot of cabin noise
- The One Thing That Most People Don't Know About Me Is..: I conceal carry 99% of the time.
Old 01-28-15, 03:45 PM
CRowe14
Lexus Test Driver

Received 64 Likes on 45 Posts

This was/is a novel idea!

- General Location: NW I diana
- Occupation: Metallurgical Engineer/Material Sciences. Material of study: Steel
- Hobbies/Special Interests: Love track and field; watching/attending meets (sprinter in college). Love football (largest regret in life is not playing). Casual reader and L.O.V.E. vintage/golden era hip-Hop! Will hardly ever see me without ear buds!
- How I Ended Up With My CL Username: first initial, first four of my last name and the year I joined CL.
- Year and LS Model I own (want): Freshly purchased used/New to me 2007 LS 460 L; BSP/Blk interior, Comfort+ pckg.
- The Moment I Knew I Just Had To Have An LS: I was, or so I thought I was steadfast in obtaining a GS 430. Upon perusing the GS 3rd Gen forum, someone made a statement regarding the LS being more solid, mechanically sound and all around better car, aside from it being the creme De la creme amidst the Lexus model line up. I took a look over here and became instantly intrigued by the amount of positive feedback regarding ownership. I then began to research the LS and upon seeing the interior mixed with the exterior and reputation, I was sold!
- Favorite Factory (OEM) Feature and Why: A few. Love how you dint really need the fob to lock or open the door. The Hold button is pretty friggin' cool as well
- Least Favorite OEM Feature and Why: Not sure yet...the ink is still wet in the paperwork!
- If I Could Have One Aftermarket Mod Right Now, It Would Be: Ability to stream audio
- What I Love About My LS The Most: The ride and the overall dynamic feel and presence of quality that Lexus has integrated into this vehicle. Lastly, I rarely see them in the area in which I reside, so the ownership experience from that regard will feel even more unique.
- What I Hate About My LS The Most: Cant comment yet.
- The One Thing That Most People Don't Know About Me Is..: I am an unsigned indie hip hop artist who has had interest expressed in me regarding my talents from a few European hip-Hop labels. One project completed in 2012, finishing my second ep and a myriad of singles under my belt! One would never guess!
Old 01-28-15, 07:22 PM
raymmer
Driver School Candidate

Default My LS460/600 Story

- General Location: San Marcos, TX
- Hobbies/Special Interests: Cars Sports
- How I Ended Up With My CL Username: Raymond and had many Mercedes (Raymmer)
- Year and LS Model I own (want): 2014 LS460 SWB
- The Moment I Knew I Just Had To Have An LS: Always wanted one; Lexus dealers wanted top dollar!
- Favorite Factory (OEM) Feature and Why: Love the whole car (haven't had it long enough)
- Least Favorite OEM Feature and Why:
- If I Could Have One Aftermarket Mod Right Now, It Would Be: None leave it stock!
- What I Love About My LS The Most: The ride is outstanding!
- What I Hate About My LS The Most:
- The One Thing That Most People Don't Know About Me Is..: I use to play the French horn
Old 01-28-15, 09:22 PM
roadfrog
Lexus Fanatic

Received 505 Likes on 383 Posts

Great thread! Very enjoyable read.

- General Location: Fraser Valley (city of Chilliwack) in British Columbia - about 2 hours North of Seattle

- Occupation: Law enforcement, ex Military Police. Firearms, self-defence, pepper spray, baton and use of force instructor. Former riot and hostage rescue member.

- Hobbies/Special Interests: Boating RV'ing, travel

- How I Ended Up With My CL Username: Started with my first boat's name: "Seafrog", which was a play on words for my French background. When I became an avid RV forum member, "Roadfrog" seemed a logical name. It carried on into my car and truck forum participation.

- Year and LS Model I own (want): 2008 LS460. Obsidian on black. One day will like a newer version with all the toys

- The Moment I Knew I Just Had To Have An LS: Had a BMW 7 series which hooked me on large powerful luxury. It was a piece of crap car, so I wanted to stay in the same class with reliability. The only real option was the LS and I love it.

- Favorite Factory (OEM) Feature and Why: Mark Levinson system. Still blows me away and everyone else who hears it.

- Least Favorite OEM Feature and Why: Self-parking. Interesting party trick, but little real-world value.

- If I Could Have One Aftermarket Mod Right Now, It Would Be: Got most of them now, but a reliable supercharger would be AWESOME!

- What I Love About My LS The Most: The color, reliability, refinement.

- What I Hate About My LS The Most: The color. LOL. And not having self-closing trunk.

- The One Thing That Most People Don't Know About Me Is..: I'm pretty much an open book. I'm a great cook.

Last edited by roadfrog; 01-28-15 at 09:26 PM.
Old 01-31-15, 07:15 AM
Doublebase
Pole Position

Received 352 Likes on 243 Posts

Age-43
-General location: Southern NH.
-Hobbies/interests: I'm a huge Patriots fan. I play the drums, workout, travel. I really can't state enough how huge of a football fan I am.
-How I ended up with my CL username: I have a drum set with two bass drums
-Year and model LS I own/want: 2007
_The moment I just knew I had to have an LS: Well I did a lot of research and I didn't really "know" I wanted one. But after test driving the following vehicles...Audi A4, Audi A8, Mercedes ES 350, Infiniti g37, BMW 535, Cadillac ...the LS just seemed like a better car. The A4 was just pure junk...loud, tranny hunted all over the place, too small. The Mercedes was a pure bore. The A8 didn't seem to hold up in wear and tear. The infiniti was just too small. The BMW was a joy to drive, but I talked to a factory rep friend of mine and he said it was the biggest mistake BMW ever made. The Cadillac looked nice, but my brother in law works for caddy and he said he would disown me if I bought one. He said, you will finally understand just how far behind American cars are...the chain will stretch, the heated steering wheel won't work, the kn obs on the dash will break, it won't get the gas mileage it says it does and it will EAT oil like you have never witnessed before! Then I test drove my LS and I fell in love. Quality - the materials just held up. Acceleration - not on par with the BMW, but as good as any of the others...or better. The look of the thing was amazing. And all the research I did on it brought me here, where I read so many positive reviews about reliability, etc.
-Mods- None, I like it stock
-Favorite factory feature- The heated seats and steering wheel. I love the sun shade in the back too.
Least favorite feature - I don't have the ML stereo and the stock one isn't the greatest. I find my self never using the park assist feature. And I don't seem to be warming up to the "hold" button. Although I may start using it.
The one thing people don't know about me is- I was a stunt double for Melissa McCarthy in Bridesmaids
Old 01-31-15, 03:46 PM
RayLS
Pole Position

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Hi CL.
My name is Ray.
Former CL member (2nd gen IS) but it's been a long time since I logged on my CL username no longer exist (I guess). Tried "forgot username/password" and entered my e-mail address but CL does not recognize it
Proud owner of a CPO 08 LS460 purchased 3 months ago with 58K miles.
Now with almost 62K miles.

- General Location: CA
- Hobbies/Special Interests: Basketball
- How I Ended Up With My CL Username: Ray is my nickname
- Year and LS Model I own (want): 08 SWB LS460
- The Moment I Knew I Just Had To Have An LS: N/A. Needed a car right away and saw an ad. RX 330 and IS250 owner so I know LS is a RELIABLE car.
- Favorite Factory (OEM) Feature and Why: ML sound system. Much better than my G37 Bose system.
- Least Favorite OEM Feature and Why:
- If I Could Have One Aftermarket Mod Right Now, It Would Be: wheels and tires upgrade
- What I Love About My LS The Most: Smooth ride.
- What I Hate About My LS The Most: floaty ride.
- The One Thing That Most People Don't Know About Me Is..: I don't watch regular NFL games - just the super bowl.

Read more: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls4...#ixzz3QRbBr93N
Old 02-01-15, 06:00 PM
Hermes16
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

- General Location: Edmonton Alberta
- Hobbies/Special Interests: Working out, researching cars, working on cars, getting money lol
- How I Ended Up With My CL Username: i bought the car at about the same time i bought my first hermes belt for work so i thought it was a good suite.
- Year and LS Model I own (want): 2007 Lexus LS460 L
- The Moment I Knew I Just Had To Have An LS: when i traded in my 7 series
- Favorite Factory (OEM) Feature and Why: air purifier
- Least Favorite OEM Feature and Why: starring wheel because its starting to look dated.
- If I Could Have One Aftermarket Mod Right Now, It Would Be: 21" alpina B7 rims in black
- What I Love About My LS The Most: the floaty ride and how it can transition into sporty to comfy
- What I Hate About My LS The Most: maintenance sometimes
- The One Thing That Most People Don't Know About Me Is..: i am goal oriented
Old 02-01-15, 10:00 PM
Lextrician
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default yup

[QUOTE=CJITTY;8886483]Fellow Past, Present and Future 460/600 owners, I believe most of us know how useful our forum has been to us when it comes to discussing our cars. We are a diverse group of individuals coming from different backgrounds and we are located all over the world. I personally have met some great people in this particular forum (and others) and have become really good friends with them in fact.

I think we can all gain from each other's experiences and background and I have decided to start this thread to get us more acquainted because I believe it can only make our forum that much stronger. Below is a template of questions I would like each of you to copy and paste and fill in your details. Share as much or as little information as you wish. I think we can have some fun with this and learn more about our passion for this car that "most" of us love more than we hate while perhaps opening more doors for networking.

- General Location: tacoma wa
- Hobbies/Special Interests: bball video games and cars
- How I Ended Up With My CL Username: I used my occupation and used the L for lexus (Lextrician
- Year and LS Model I own (want): 2008 I would love a new model but I am going to wait.
- The Moment I Knew I Just Had To Have An LS: I started looking at bimmers glad I didnt get a 750 like i wanted, then one popped up for a the price I was looking to spend and bam i'm in the game
- Favorite Factory (OEM) Feature and Why: the tire pressure monitor riding rims you gotta know the tire pressure like in my instance my wheels had a bead leak and it was good to know my tire pressure from time to time so I was rolling on low pressure.
- Least Favorite OEM Feature and Why: nav lock out while driving
- If I Could Have One Aftermarket Mod Right Now, It Would Be: body kit and maybe a custom subwoofer set up
- What I Love About My LS The Most: still a great looking car and I get compliments all the time
- What I Hate About My LS The Most: nothing to dislike yet.
- The One Thing That Most People Don't Know About Me Is.. unless you do not know me there isnt anything you would know. if you knw mw you would now I am a pranster... never a dull moment with me.
Old 02-04-15, 11:33 AM
bobflood
Driver School Candidate

- General Location: West Metro Atlanta
- Occupation: Retiring after 45+ years with major telecom company
- Hobbies/Special Interests: Working on cars; reading; Georgia Tech football
- How I Ended Up With My CL Username: It's just my name
- Year and LS Model I own (want): 2014 LS460 SWB
- The Moment I Knew I Just Had To Have An LS: Bought an ES in 1999; had to dump for a tow vehicle; swore I would get another Lexus. Been driving a 2002 Toyota Avalon and wanted something at least as big and roomy.
- Favorite Factory (OEM) Feature and Why: Bluetooth; Extension Seat (I'm 6'3" with long legs)
- Least Favorite OEM Feature and Why: Nanny State restrictions on using Nav system; Lack of a HUD (love it on my wife's BMW)
- If I Could Have One Aftermarket Mod Right Now, It Would Be: Prestigious Society box
- What I Love About My LS The Most: Comfort, style, ride
- What I Hate About My LS The Most: Nothing much yet; would really like a HUD
- The One Thing That Most People Don't Know About Me Is..: I'm pretty much an open book!

This was a great idea - very interesting reading about folks.
Old 02-05-15, 12:08 PM
sleekmr3
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

- General Location: Bay Area, CA
- Hobbies/Special Interests: Transformers, Bikes, and anything that involves alcohol.
- How I Ended Up With My CL Username: First car I ever loved & owned was a Toyota MR2. Name used to be Sleekmr2, but then email got hacked, ended up with Sleekmr3.
- Year and LS Model I own (want): 2007 LS460 SWB
- The Moment I Knew I Just Had To Have An LS: When i first saw it in 2007. It was my dream car at the time that I knew I couldn't afford.
- Favorite Factory (OEM) Feature and Why: Reclining rear seats.
- Least Favorite OEM Feature and Why: Cooling seats, don't seem to work so well.
- If I Could Have One Aftermarket Mod Right Now, It Would Be: Supercharger
- What I Love About My LS The Most: It's pretty
- What I Hate About My LS The Most: because it's pretty I'm super careful with it.
- The One Thing That Most People Don't Know About Me Is..: I'm not as rich as this car makes me look like.

Quick Reply: The "My LS460/600 Story" Thread (age, occupation and more)