LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Black and white vertical lines in my nav screen

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-14, 08:27 AM
roadfrog
Lexus Fanatic

Received 505 Likes on 383 Posts
Default Black and white vertical lines in my nav screen

This morning opn my way to work, ny nav screen suddenly developed quarter inch vertical lines in my screen. Apparently this can be a navigation software issue. The screen itself is fine, as I can bring up other screens onto the display. Just not nav, audio and I forget which others. The "Disp" screen and the "menu" screens come up no problem.

I haven't checked fuses yet, but this seems a little coincidental that it started a few days after installing my ivic-d module.

Here's a pic of what it looks like. I got the pic off the internet and it's not my nav, but exactly the same issue:
Old 11-21-14, 08:37 AM
peteybabes
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

did you disconnect the battery yet to let it "reboot"?
Old 11-21-14, 08:42 AM
greg3852
Lexus Test Driver

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

That happens with the ivic. Reconnect it or switch between dvd, aux , etc and it should go away. Without a doubt, your system is fine. It's just a ivic thing.
Old 11-21-14, 09:24 AM
roadfrog
Lexus Fanatic

I tried switching between modes, but it didn't fix it. However, I haven't tried disconnecting the vais unit. I'll try that and report back.
Old 11-21-14, 10:31 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

definitely try disconnecting the vais. happened to me once when installing the kit, unplugged and setup again and never happened again
Old 11-21-14, 04:53 PM
Dirteeboy
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I tried unplugging and resetting a bunch of times, but still get the vertical bars.

Without the ivic plugged in, press the "disc.aux"button, let the ivic screen come up, then press the fm, disc or whatever else you want to go to the bars should disappear. It's kind of a pita.
Old 11-21-14, 06:09 PM
roadfrog
Lexus Fanatic

Thanks boys. All I had to do was unplug the power harness on the ivic and the lines are now gone. I haven't plugged the ivic back in yet, but hopefully all i well again. Good thing I didn't bury the unit somewhere when I installed it. If this is a regular occurrence, it will be a huge disappointment. Not real happy with this thing so far. Sooo tempremental.
Old 11-23-14, 08:46 AM
CJITTY

Received 149 Likes on 111 Posts

I just select CD AuX and then select Satellite again and it fixes itself..just a sync issue. .no biggie
Old 11-23-14, 05:36 PM
roadfrog
Lexus Fanatic

Thanks CJITTY!

I'll try that if it happens again. I plugged in my ivic back in today and it works. I ordered another MHL adapter and hope to get better results. I still don't get a border at the top of my screen that will provide a spot to press in the corner to bring up the menu. My phone screen takes up all of the nav screen, so pressing in the upper corner just brings up my phone's sub menu. I have to try several times before I luck out and manage to bring up the ivic menu screen.

Originally Posted by CJITTY
.......just a sync issue. .no biggie
If that was the only issue, no. As I said, I can't recommend this unit to anyone. Its been more troublesome than its worth. Great idea but VERY poorly implemented and developed. DEFINATELY not plug and play.

Last edited by roadfrog; 11-23-14 at 05:41 PM.
Old 11-23-14, 08:13 PM
Devh
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by roadfrog
Thanks CJITTY!

I'll try that if it happens again. I plugged in my ivic back in today and it works. I ordered another MHL adapter and hope to get better results. I still don't get a border at the top of my screen that will provide a spot to press in the corner to bring up the menu. My phone screen takes up all of the nav screen, so pressing in the upper corner just brings up my phone's sub menu. I have to try several times before I luck out and manage to bring up the ivic menu screen.

If that was the only issue, no. As I said, I can't recommend this unit to anyone. Its been more troublesome than its worth. Great idea but VERY poorly implemented and developed. DEFINATELY not plug and play.
That's kind of scary. I would be worried about bricking it.
Old 02-20-19, 04:54 PM
MrsLopez
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How does one reboot IVIC

How do you unplug it to reboot?

Originally Posted by roadfrog
I tried switching between modes, but it didn't fix it. However, I haven't tried disconnecting the vais unit. I'll try that and report back.
Old 02-20-19, 08:13 PM
roadfrog
Lexus Fanatic

It's been almost 5 years, so I don;t exactly remember, but I'm fairly certain that I just disconnected the unit at the back and plugged back in.
The following users liked this post:
Seize (03-26-22)
Old 03-26-22, 08:57 AM
Seize
Loves Snickerdoodles!

Received 68 Likes on 53 Posts

I’m having this issue and tried everything above with the exception of disconnecting the battery now this is happening. Any thoughts? I’m going to try to disconnect the battery when I get home and report back.

Old 03-27-22, 07:36 AM
lov2rv
10th Gear

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

What is IVIC?
Old 03-27-22, 07:41 AM
Vansibel
Intermediate

Received 56 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by Seize
I’m having this issue and tried everything above with the exception of disconnecting the battery now this is happening. Any thoughts? I’m going to try to disconnect the battery when I get home and report back.

If you are using iVic just cycling the audio mode (wait at least 8 second between the ivic mode and any other mode until you hear a click) will resolve this issue. Try also changing audio mode and restart the car. You can also try putting the car in reverse and cycling audio mode.

Quick Reply: Black and white vertical lines in my nav screen