LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

2015 ls ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-14, 06:22 PM
MJA1951
Pit Crew

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 2015 ls ?

I was looking on the Lexus website and noticed all the sedans with the exception of the LS are showing 2015 models while the LS is showing a 2014 model.

I heard some rumors that they were going to introduce a new 2016 in the spring of 2015, so if this is true I would just wait until then.

Anyone have some real information on this?
Old 10-06-14, 06:31 PM
Devh
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by MJA1951
I was looking on the Lexus website and noticed all the sedans with the exception of the LS are showing 2015 models while the LS is showing a 2014 model.

I heard some rumors that they were going to introduce a new 2016 in the spring of 2015, so if this is true I would just wait until then.

Anyone have some real information on this?
There have been no rumors, spy shots or any indicators that a new LS is on the horizon.
It's possible with the demise of the Infinity and Acura flagships that the LS might be the next car that might get consolidated into a model that is a combination of the GS and LS with a V6 engine.
That's my prediction.
Old 10-06-14, 08:49 PM
williakz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Smart man. Gotta kill those big-bottomed V-8s. Post-2016 CAFE standards are brutal!
Old 10-06-14, 10:01 PM
Pamperme
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Devh
There have been no rumors, spy shots or any indicators that a new LS is on the horizon.
It's possible with the demise of the Infinity and Acura flagships that the LS might be the next car that might get consolidated into a model that is a combination of the GS and LS with a V6 engine.
That's my prediction.
Not gonna happen. And thank goodness for that. The LS is and will always be flagship always INCREASING in luxury. As far as engine choices go, I don't care if it's a gerbil on a wheel so long as its reliable, powerful, silent, clean, hidden, and low-maintenance.
Old 10-06-14, 10:06 PM
Devh
Racer

Originally Posted by williakz
Smart man. Gotta kill those big-bottomed V-8s. Post-2016 CAFE standards are brutal!
Just look at what BMW is doing. Three cylinder five series is quiet telling which direction auto manufacturers are heading. Emissions and efficiency are going to kill anything resembling luxury.
As it is I predict auto sales are going to get crushed next quarter which means the whole industry will probably take the McDonalds model of going back to the basics.
Mercedes will still sell the S class to old money in Europe, Asia and North America but that's about it.
Old 10-06-14, 10:24 PM
Devh
Racer

I just looked for rumors and it appears that there is talk about a 2017 redesign LS which may feature a three engine configurations. The basic engine will have a five liter and the hybrid will have a V6.
There is going to be a twin turbo performance version rumored to deliver over 600hp.
I guess we will find out more in the months ahead but a lot of rumors get squashed this early in the game especially from Toyota.
Old 10-07-14, 06:37 AM
RodT
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The sales manager here in MS stated that Lexus will be revealing whole new redesign for the 2016 model LS. How true this is i don't know, he didnt provide any paperwork from Lexus to back this statement up.
Old 10-07-14, 08:33 AM
williakz
Lexus Test Driver

The newest, strictest regime of CAFE standards ever kick in beginning in 2017. Expect MANY model changes across the industry in order to start complying with the increasingly stringent regulations. Platforms, engines, and features MUST be re-engineered to increase fuel efficiency and lower carbon footprints. I would expect "supercar" versions (twin-turbo, high HP, luxe) to be priced stratospherically, so they are "available" only in theory even for traditional Lexus buyers.
Old 10-07-14, 09:28 AM
Devh
Racer

Originally Posted by williakz
The newest, strictest regime of CAFE standards ever kick in beginning in 2017. Expect MANY model changes across the industry in order to start complying with the increasingly stringent regulations. Platforms, engines, and features MUST be re-engineered to increase fuel efficiency and lower carbon footprints. I would expect "supercar" versions (twin-turbo, high HP, luxe) to be priced stratospherically, so they are "available" only in theory even for traditional Lexus buyers.
As it is, ethanol mandates has ruined my lawn equipment.
These newer cars so called sophisticated technology based around trying to maximize efficiency is going to turn reliability on its head.
I read somewhere that Toyota's newer engines will be of the Atkinson variety.
Just the thought of the 3 cylinder motor is reason enough not to buy an overpriced BMW.
Old 10-07-14, 10:07 AM
williakz
Lexus Test Driver

Agree. If you want to experience the future today, punch any car's "ECO" button and enjoy. Crippled throttle, crippled gear-shifting, crippled AC, crippled everything. What's not to like?
Old 10-07-14, 04:20 PM
Tec80
Advanced

Received 126 Likes on 98 Posts

As Bob Lutz once said (paraphrasing here)," Legislating fuel efficiency is like trying to force people to lose weight by selling only small-size clothes". The fleet average of each manufacturer has to calculate to 54.5 in 2025, not each vehicle. The Prius/CT200h will be rated at 60 next year(?), which helps.
Old 10-07-14, 04:37 PM
williakz
Lexus Test Driver

Super. So all the Prius/CT200h models sold balance out the same number of gas hogs ONLY getting 49 mpg. And the rest of the fleet?
Old 10-07-14, 04:43 PM
sktn77a
Lead Lap

Received 292 Likes on 257 Posts

Originally Posted by Devh
Just look at what BMW is doing. Three cylinder five series is quiet telling which direction auto manufacturers are heading.
God, I hope not. I ditched BMW ownership after 30 years because of: 1. Ugly styling, 2. 4 cylinder engines! Sounds like I'll be driving my 2007 LS for years to come!
Old 10-09-14, 08:36 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,520 Likes on 1,818 Posts

The LS isn't going away guys lol. Why would they be developing the RC-F and GS-F now if their plan was to do away with any performance vehicle?

Lexus is actually in a really good spot compared to say BMW when it comes to CAFE because they have Toyota and Scion to help them achieve that average fuel economy, BMW doesn't have that.

Why would you leave BMW because of 4 cyl engines? Just buy a BMW without a 4 Cyl engine.
Old 10-09-14, 08:55 AM
Devh
Racer

Originally Posted by SW13GS
The LS isn't going away guys lol. Why would they be developing the RC-F and GS-F now if their plan was to do away with any performance vehicle?

Lexus is actually in a really good spot compared to say BMW when it comes to CAFE because they have Toyota and Scion to help them achieve that average fuel economy, BMW doesn't have that.

Why would you leave BMW because of 4 cyl engines? Just buy a BMW without a 4 Cyl engine.
That would be a difficult thing to do reason being that they have phased out the inline 6 as their main engine for all of their base cars. If you want the inline 6 you will need to purchase the 335 or 535 which is a premium. BMW V8s are problematic.
BMWs has traditionally made all engine configuration but the best one they have and known for is the inline 6 which is far smoother then a V8.

Quick Reply: 2015 ls ?