LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Buying Rims

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-14, 11:08 AM
sessayan
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Buying Rims

I am trying to find rims for my LS460F and i was wondering what folks do to find options ? I tried tirerack as i have purchased rims before and love their visualizer but they don't have any options for my car.

Where do you guys source rims ?
Old 09-02-14, 11:13 AM
is150
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Here is the wheel and tire thread https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls4...ls-thread.html if you find a set you like let us know. We'll be able to tell you the best place to buy. Also check the vendor marketplace, and the member wheel sale thread.

Are you planning on lowering your car? If not I'd suggest staying with a 20 inch wheel.

Last edited by is150; 09-02-14 at 11:18 AM.
Old 09-02-14, 02:14 PM
CJITTY
Lead Lap

Received 151 Likes on 113 Posts

Don't use tire rack..use the wheel and tire sticky thread as suggested above to see what others are running exactly and you will get the best look since there are numerous pics of wheels on the cars. Very informative thread if you take the time to look at each post and the data contained in them
Old 09-03-14, 02:05 PM
AJ@TireRack.com
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The fitment information found on our website is based on factory fitment.

We can not make any recommendations for anything other than what is considered factory fitment, or plus/minus sizes that our engineers have told us will fit. If someone wants something outside of that, I generally will refer customers to sites like this for 'aggressive' fitment options.

If you know what you want and willing to accept responsibility for aggressive fitment, the tire meets or exceeds the factory service description (load and speed rating) and correct rim width range, we can help. This is type of custom fitment order is something that will need to be called in to place, however.

-AJ
Old 09-03-14, 06:16 PM
CJITTY
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by AJ@TireRack.com
The fitment information found on our website is based on factory fitment.

We can not make any recommendations for anything other than what is considered factory fitment, or plus/minus sizes that our engineers have told us will fit. If someone wants something outside of that, I generally will refer customers to sites like this for 'aggressive' fitment options.

If you know what you want and willing to accept responsibility for aggressive fitment, the tire meets or exceeds the factory service description (load and speed rating) and correct rim width range, we can help. This is type of custom fitment order is something that will need to be called in to place, however.

-AJ
Bottom line here is tirerack for extremely conservative setups or you can use our real world examples in the wheel and tire thread to get ideas on even more variety of options and fitments that look much better than factory fitment. I know tireracks hands are tied because of legal reasons..but those of us who have been running non factory type options have enjoyed our setups for years with no problems.
Old 09-05-14, 05:21 AM
philj
Driver

I also own a LS 460 F sport. My last car was in LS 460 and I had 19 inch five spoke rims and I liked very much. I thought they looked nice, much better than the stock 18 inch wheels that came with the LS.

When I bought my F sport it had 19 inch wheels that were standard on the car. I was thinking about pulling those wheels off and putting more of the 19 inch five spoke wheels which I think are called touring wheels.

While I was looking for a set of touring wheels the standard 19 inch wheels began to grow on me. I also read about them. I forget all of the details and maybe it's just high but I think there's hollow spot inside the rim which makes the wheels quiet and better handling.

I'm afraid to get 20 inch wheels because I live in the Northeast and I'm afraid of potholes.

Also, and this is just my personal preference without any criticism of everyone else's taste but I just didn't want to buy high-performance wheels for a car that is not really a high-performance car.

I bought a set of extra F sport rims on eBay for $2500 so now I have a set of summer rims and winter rims.

You might find that the F sport wheels grow on you after a while just like they did on me

Just my 2 cents
Old 09-05-14, 07:28 AM
GXAlan
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

F Sport rims are forged BBS as well
Old 09-05-14, 08:41 AM
Brian@Vossen
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sessayan
I am trying to find rims for my LS460F and i was wondering what folks do to find options ? I tried tirerack as i have purchased rims before and love their visualizer but they don't have any options for my car.

Where do you guys source rims ?
http://www.vossenwheels.com/

Mike's 2014 F-sport has been posted by Lexus social media a few times, they seem to like it.

22x9 and 22x10.5 Vossen CVT, VFS-2 and now VFS-1.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/car...0-f-sport.html

Vossen is a paying vendor here and also has a nice relationship with Lexus.

Originally Posted by LexFather

Lexus seems to approve they posted on their Instagram, Twitter, Facebook feeds..I took that pic in Atlanta in front of the newly renovated Lenox Square Mall....
http://instagram.com/p/nq29WBOcmS/

21k likes and 1k shares!
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

So far so good, not one problem with the car. Well there is one slight small thing I just haven't taken the car back to JM Lexus yet. Its one of those Type-A things I guess lol, but when the sunshade is closed there is a very very tiny gap that lets a little light in. I'm sure most would not care or notice but it drives me a little batty.

Otherwise the car has not skipped it beat. I drove it to Atlanta and back and it drove like a charm. On 22s Its funny how the internets and reality can be different, everywhere I drive the car people love it. I've had conversations with people, people giving thumbs up etc etc.

Wait, isn't this the LS? I think Lexus hit it out the park with the F-sport.

I actually used the heated steering wheel in Atlanta, its useless in Miami lol. The fit and finish is amazing. The space is very abundant and it is not the LWB. It is much comfier taking friends/family/clients in. The radio is crystal clear though I need to try a DVD-A disk.

As you can see I now use an aftermarket air module controller. The car has a factory air suspension as I mentioned and now I can raise/lower it and pretty much slam it to the ground like in the picture.

Finally got around to installing the baby seats in the LS (and GS). The difference in room is pretty staggering, the GS front seat has to move forward to fit the seat. The LS doesn't have to. My wife now already commented "might need a SUV" smh lol.

The ride with the 22s is amazing, I'm stunned at how good the car drives and this is the first time I think the car drives completely superior in regards to day to day driving. The 19s felt way to soft and under tired for this vehicle. I went with Pirelli P-Zero tires. The paddle shifters come in handy and I'm glad they added them to the F-sport as I do use them frequently.

Overall I really really like this car and its quickly becoming my favorite Lexus.

Hey bud thanks...the F-sport has factory sport tuned air suspension with Sport + mode. The stock LS has a regular coil suspension but air is an option. I ordered the control module from Japan and it allows me to regulate the height of the car. It can go monster truck to pretty dumped. It does take about a minute since the car does not have a huge aftermarket tank (Accuar/Airrunner/Airrex etc).

I did shop the A8 L diesel as the range of 800 miles blew me away (current LS is 400 if I'm good). Clearly an amazing car, great interior, tons of room, and the A8 drives great. There were good deals on the 6 cylinder but not the diesel and the price was in the 90s with some options. Also the A8 styling doesn't resonate with me at all, just way to much A3/A4 going on for me.

The 7 series wasn't a serious though, the M5 was, its nearly as big. Mind you I am a big fan of the 7 and how it looks. Not huge on how it drives, I expected more but it is good, just not a day/night difference vs the F-sport.

My boss as a new S550 and honestly with options it is out of what I wanted to pay. Not sure I'm ready to cross the 100k barrier yet.

I love the IS F but its very small clearly to the LS but way more fun obviously. I also wanted the new spindle face. Honestly though used IS F is a great deal, if you replacing the suspension I'd get a 2010 with the LSD. If leaving stock, get the 2011+ with the new suspension. The car drives completely better than the 09-10.

Thanks. I was tired for the first couple of weeks but the last couple of days my body has adjusted. It is hard to explain and its like looking in a time machine as the kid looks identical to me. My mom freaks out, she thinks its me all over again lol.

I've been reading him AutoNews so far, yes at 2 weeks. You can never start to young and it helps me stay up to date on that periodical which is weekly.

The Recaro has been great so far and it actually stirs comments and pictures at shows and events. I had the car at FormulaD for example last month.

Matte Graphite Wheels

I wanted to add a pure OEM + F-sport look which is pretty different to what everyone else does with a LS. I went with a Skipper Design front carbon fiber bumper, rear carbon fiber diffuser and quad tips. I just have not decided if I want to paint the roof spoiler black or white. The front carbon fiber garnish I am not using as it has holes for a front plate which I don't have a need for.

For now, no issues with brake dust with the new 22x9 and 22x10.5 flow forming technology Vossen VFS-1's . This shows the brembo brakes nicely which are already painted gloss black by Lexus.

I understand this look is not for everybody but this is what I saw in my mind awhile ago. Next up is finding a nice side skirt, some suspension parts to beef things up and an exhaust. And maybe tint, my wife thinks I need tint.
Old 09-05-14, 10:47 AM
sessayan
Driver School Candidate

Is that car lowered at all ? I like those wheels a bunch. Will they fit without modification ?
Old 09-05-14, 12:58 PM
CJITTY
Lead Lap

Is that car lowered at all ? I like those wheels a bunch. Will they fit without modification ?
As it states above the LS F sport is lowered using the data systems module. And yes these will fit with no mods. All Vossen wheels with 30mm front and 38mm rear offsets will work just fine in 22
Old 09-27-14, 11:13 AM
sessayan
Driver School Candidate

I pulled the trigger and got these!

Old 09-27-14, 09:12 PM
is150
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I pulled the trigger and got these!

Those looks awesome. Be sure to post the specs in the wheel and tire thread.
Old 06-04-15, 05:27 PM
24nsx
Driver School Candidate

I have a set of 22 inch rims on my LS 460 F-Sport and it takes the curves like my NSX.