LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Lexus Extended Warranty - best price ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-14, 05:43 PM
PHOUND5
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Lexus Extended Warranty - best price ?

My 2011 is coming up to the end of it's factory warranty.

Which Lexus Dealers sell the Lexus Extended warranty over the internet?

I had posted this in another thread but it was buried so fast that it didn't get answered.

I understand that one of the better places to buy is on the east coast and Lexus has made it more difficult to buy from them.

I was trying to get an idea on the price one has to pay and/ or the discount that is given, as I expect that there is some significant dealer margin in these warranties.

Any help is appreciated
Old 08-15-14, 07:09 PM
sktn77a
Lead Lap

Received 292 Likes on 257 Posts

Troy Dietrich, Greenfield Toyota, Greenfield MA. Call him and you'll get the best price. The actual price will depend on the specifics of the warranty you buy (coverage, years, miles).
Old 08-15-14, 08:11 PM
PHOUND5
Driver

Thanks, that is what I was looking for.
Old 08-15-14, 09:12 PM
markLS460
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I thought there was also a dealer in Louisiana that sells the Lexus Plat Warranty as well?
Old 08-18-14, 08:08 AM
dsigs83
Driver School Candidate

ive done a lot of research on this... overall, the best company that i found covers the most is Carchex.

i had a great deal with my credit union too and they also used route 66. i called carchex and they compared both side by side. the list was so 1 sided it was a joke.

the warranty is around 2500 for 3 years 36k miles but its basically 100% covered minus wear and tear. i have an 08 is250 with 70k miles.

example; most warranty companies say it has to break before they do anything, carchex and has in writing, if the window motor starts going bad, bring it to any licensed dealer and its covered.

you have to read the fine print. route 66's are ridiculous .

ITEMS NOT COVERED: Any normal maintenance item including tires,
wheels, struts, shocks, brake shoes or pads, rotors or drums, belts, hoses,
filters, fluids, lubricants,
clutch, pressure plate or clutch release bearing,
tune-up items. Exhaust or emission parts, sound reproduction components,
lighting,wiring harness, telephone, clock, television, navigation equipment.
Any body parts, interior parts, trim, glass, paint, air bag system, keyless
entry/anti-theft.

your tranny goes bad, they'll cover it but not any lubricants, fluids, any belts that go in it, any hoses connected to it, you pay hte $100 deductible and think you're good. you get to the shop and have a $450 bill from all the crap thats not covered.

carchex doesnt have a section of 'items not covered' becuase its pretty much all covered and you can read it here.

http://docs.carchexcdn.net/coverages...e_Document.pdf

page 7 is the exclusion page and pretty much says they wont cover anything in the first 30/1000 and want proof the car was taken care of, aka, oil changes, any fluids....

a car thats 6+ years old, with 70k miles is bound to have some issues. with everything going on in my life, i dont have money to drop $800 on a car part at a mechanic so the warranty makes sense to me. i can cancel or transfer at any time to anyone and it raises the value of my car as well. oh and carchex pays the mechanics 'fee' to figure out whats wrong. lexus charges $100, thats my deducible itself.

edit; theres no down payment and you can pick your payment date too. its roughly $100/m for me and if i keep it till the end, i get $200 back regardless of issues i have with the car.

Last edited by dsigs83; 08-18-14 at 08:17 AM.
Old 08-18-14, 08:46 AM
mbarron37
Advanced

Received 73 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by sktn77a
Troy Dietrich, Greenfield Toyota, Greenfield MA. Call him and you'll get the best price. The actual price will depend on the specifics of the warranty you buy (coverage, years, miles).
I spoke to Troy about a month ago, he stated that if you do not have a Massachusetts mailing address he cannot sell to you?? I'm not sure if you can pick anything up in person. I live in MA and will definitely be buying from Troy in early December as my original warranty is expiring at the end of December.

I just had my 2 front axles replaced under original warranty, if I had to pay out of pocket it was > $3k. I'm definitely getting the 8/100k extended. Currently have just north of 30k miles on my car. Good luck and let us know the prices you receive. I think Troy was $2,585 for the 8yr/100k when I checked with him for my 2011 LS.
Old 08-21-14, 04:16 AM
GregoryNP
Pit Crew

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

...email from Troy:

Unfortunately, I can only sell the Lexus plans online, on vehicles that are still within the original 4 yr / 50K factory warranty.

Sorry I can’t help on this one!

Troy Dietrich
Factory Discount Warranty / Toyota & Ford of Greenfield
Fathers & Sons Volkswagen, Audi, Porsche
& Kia of West Springfield
Tel. 413-772-0989
Fax. 413-774-2247
Web. http://www.FD-Warranty.com
Old 08-21-14, 06:31 AM
Ascari_2
Advanced

Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

Call Toby Rivers at Lexus of Shreveport. His prices are pretty much on par with Troy's. Because of the Massachusetts address issues, I will be getting my Platinum 8y/100k extension from Toby within a day or two.

dsigs83: The Lexus Platinum warranty is essentially an extension of the original factory warranty and, as such, will be better than any third party warranty. In addition, for about the same price as you posted it is possible to get a Platinum warranty to 8 years from the in-service date (adding 4 years to the original) and taking the coverage up to 100k miles.
Old 08-21-14, 08:43 AM
satiger
Instructor

Received 90 Likes on 65 Posts

As Ascari_2 said, Lexus Platinum warranty is an extension to original warranty. I got the Platinum warranty for GX from Troy and used is twice . See the post : https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gx-...-warranty.html

My warranty service updates are on page 3 and 4. Well worth it.
Old 08-21-14, 12:08 PM
Nospinzone

Received 406 Likes on 314 Posts

Four years ago I bought mine from Toby. At the time Troy and Jerry Johnson at Midwest Toyota were all discounting the platinum warranty and all were within $25 of each other. I chose Toby only because it was a Lexus dealership rather than Toyota. However, it's all the same.
Old 08-21-14, 02:25 PM
sktn77a
Lead Lap

Received 292 Likes on 257 Posts

Originally Posted by GregoryNP
...email from Troy:

Unfortunately, I can only sell the Lexus plans online, on vehicles that are still within the original 4 yr / 50K factory warranty.
Yes, that's what he told me. For the OP, whose car is still under warranty, he should be OK. For people with cars out of warranty, try the finance manager at your local Lexus dealership - that's what I did. It was expensive, but I'm covered now for 3/36 (until the car is 10/100).
Old 08-21-14, 08:47 PM
markLS460
Driver School Candidate

great info guys and thanks for sharing
Old 08-21-14, 09:52 PM
rxonmymind
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

From the Lexus site there is such a warranty as "used vehicle platinum" warranty coverage and in some cases even if it is out of warranty you may be able to get one via the finance manager at Lexus dealership just as Sktn77a stated. This is what I'm trying to do as I have all the service records from that dealership.
Old 08-22-14, 06:46 AM
Nospinzone

Received 406 Likes on 314 Posts

Originally Posted by rxonmymind
From the Lexus site there is such a warranty as "used vehicle platinum" warranty coverage and in some cases even if it is out of warranty you may be able to get one via the finance manager at Lexus dealership just as Sktn77a stated. This is what I'm trying to do as I have all the service records from that dealership.
Please report back and let us know if you are successful.
Old 08-29-14, 10:04 PM
PHOUND5
Driver

Troy was simply first class to deal with.

Quick Reply: Lexus Extended Warranty - best price ?