LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Lexus Extended Warranty - best price ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-15, 12:41 PM
Gbp
Lexus Champion

Received 60 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by Baopee
I had bad experience with carchex before, I had E46 M3, the reason I purchased the extended warranty was to cover the SMG pump, prior to signing the contract I repeatedly confirmed with the sales agent just to make sure SMG pump would be covered ( i had purchased bumper to bumper coverage). 4 month later, SMG pump failed, Carchex refused to replace it, their reason was"it wasnt LISTED on their contract" even though it was part of transmission.

I spoke to many many people inside the carchex, eventually they transferred me to the CEO after about month and half of calling, I asked him to pull the recording between me and the sales agent, he out right refused to do so and said he had listened the recording, and SMG pump was never mentioned between our conversation.

I guess what i am trying to say is, when you buying an extended warranty, make sure get everything on writing such as equipment that is specific to certain car manufacture like our Adaptive Variable Suspension might not be covered.
An exclusionary warranty should have made it clear as to what parts weren't covered. I would only get an exclusionary warranty, and I'd read the actual policy (not just a summary) before purchasing. It's far better to know what isn't covered than to try to guess what is.
Old 07-14-15, 01:59 PM
satiger
Instructor

Received 90 Likes on 65 Posts

I just spoke to Troy. He said he can issue warranty for NJ residents . For 7yrs/100k : $2245, 8 yrs/100k $2500, 8 yrs/125k $3660. (Platinum with zero deductible)

I have purchased warranty from him in the past for my GX. It was a pleasant transaction and had to use twice and paid for itself!. https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gx-...-warranty.html
Old 07-14-15, 03:25 PM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by satiger
I just spoke to Troy. He said he can issue warranty for NJ residents . For 7yrs/100k : $2245, 8 yrs/100k $2500, 8 yrs/125k $3660. (Platinum with zero deductible)

I have purchased warranty from him in the past for my GX. It was a pleasant transaction and had to use twice and paid for itself!. https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gx-...-warranty.html
Good to know but Toby Rivers costs are rumored here to be $100 lower.I've used Troy in the past.Probably would have again if he didn't stop selling for awhile.
Old 02-16-17, 09:46 AM
PhoneDude
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Shopping for warranty

Shopping for prices on a extended warranty. Our B to B 4yr on our RX350 runs out nest month. Got a message from Troy in Greenfield Ma.

"As you may know, Toyota/Lexus are now restricting dealers from selling policies across state lines. So at the moment, I can only sell a genuine Toyota/Lexus policy if you have a local address we can use for the paperwork, or if you can come here in-person to purchase it. (Hint: Do you have any friends or relatives in the Northeast?)"

I am in Texas so it looks like I'm limited to dealers in the state of Texas. I think it's a rip off but it is what it is. Anybody get a good deal from a Texas Lexus dealer?
Old 02-16-17, 10:00 AM
jrmckinley
Pole Position

Received 335 Likes on 228 Posts

Originally Posted by PhoneDude
Shopping for prices on a extended warranty. Our B to B 4yr on our RX350 runs out nest month. Got a message from Troy in Greenfield Ma.

"As you may know, Toyota/Lexus are now restricting dealers from selling policies across state lines. So at the moment, I can only sell a genuine Toyota/Lexus policy if you have a local address we can use for the paperwork, or if you can come here in-person to purchase it. (Hint: Do you have any friends or relatives in the Northeast?)"

I am in Texas so it looks like I'm limited to dealers in the state of Texas. I think it's a rip off but it is what it is. Anybody get a good deal from a Texas Lexus dealer?
I hadn't heard that. You may want to verify just to make sure. My father-in-law bought his warranty from Toby in Shreveport, LA in December (and he doesn't live in LA). Maybe Toyota/Lexus changed it January 1st..?
Old 02-16-17, 10:39 AM
213374U
Lexus Test Driver

Received 138 Likes on 119 Posts

Anybody get a good deal from a Texas Lexus dealer?
In for results
Old 02-16-17, 11:00 AM
comotiger
Pole Position

Received 292 Likes on 251 Posts

Folks, many threads have discussed in detail CPO and extended warranty options for our vehicles. Many here have purchased from Troy Dietrich (MA) or Toby Rivers (LA). Please consult these two threads for more info.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-...y-service.html

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-...y-options.html

I live in Missouri and shopped with both Troy and Toby last summer. Troy did mention the state restriction and asked whether someone in MA could buy on my behalf. Toby did not mention any restriction. In fact, I bought my Lexus Platinum warranty from Toby. Both of them are upfront guys, and pleasant to deal with. I don't know how they do it, but they offer extremely competitive (and comparable) rates that are hundreds or thousands less than what you can get from a typical Lexus dealer. You can't go wrong with either of them. Since I bought from Toby, here's his contact info.

Toby Rivers
Lexus of Shreveport
1-800-335-3987
tobytoyota@aol.com

Last edited by comotiger; 02-27-17 at 07:08 PM.
Old 02-16-17, 02:10 PM
FatherTo1
Racer

Received 114 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by comotiger
Folks, many threads have discussed in detail CPO and extended warranty options for our vehicles. Many here have purchased from Tony Dietrich (MA) or Toby Rivers (LA). Please consult these two threads for more info.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-...y-service.html

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-...y-options.html

I live in Missouri and shopped with both Tony and Toby last summer. Tony did mention the state restriction and asked whether someone in MA could buy on my behalf. Toby did not mention any restriction. In fact, I bought my Lexus Platinum warranty from Toby. Both of them are upfront guys, and pleasant to deal with. I don't know how they do it, but they offer extremely competitive (and comparable) rates that are hundreds or thousands less than what you can get from a typical Lexus dealer. You can't go wrong with either of them. Since I bought from Toby, here's his contact info.

Toby Rivers
Lexus of Shreveport
1-800-335-3987
tobytoyota@aol.com

Thank you for the links, comotiger. I emailed Toby earlier today as I'm scheduled to inspect a 2013 (69K miles) this Saturday. Toby responded back that only the selling (Lexus) dealership would be able to offer me an extended warranty. I had failed to mention to Toby that the LS I'm looking at is private party, but it seems the 69K miles precludes Toby from being able to help.
Old 02-16-17, 02:45 PM
comotiger
Pole Position

Received 292 Likes on 251 Posts

Originally Posted by FatherTo1
Thank you for the links, comotiger. I emailed Toby earlier today as I'm scheduled to inspect a 2013 (69K miles) this Saturday. Toby responded back that only the selling (Lexus) dealership would be able to offer me an extended warranty. I had failed to mention to Toby that the LS I'm looking at is private party, but it seems the 69K miles precludes Toby from being able to help.
I was shopping for an extended warranty before my 4 year/50K new car warranty expired, and purchased a Lexus Platinum warranty. You can get pretty good extended warranties for a car with 69K from third party insurers like Warranty Direct and Endurance.
Old 02-16-17, 04:51 PM
Mob4life
Driver

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by comotiger
I was shopping for an extended warranty before my 4 year/50K new car warranty expired, and purchased a Lexus Platinum warranty. You can get pretty good extended warranties for a car with 69K from third party insurers like Warranty Direct and Endurance.
I had a bad experience with Endurance. I purchased a 2011 LS460 sport package last January at a Lexus dealership. Because it had air suspension I knew I needed to get an extended warranty. I purchased the platinum Warranty coverage with Endurance. I specifically asked them if the air suspension was covered and they said yes.

Ten months later my rear suspension needed to be replaced. When I took it to the Lexus dealership to get the repairs done, Endurance told me that they don't cover air suspension parts. I was irate and demanded they go back and listen to all of my conversations with them. They record all calls. They called me back and reluctantly admitted that one of the reps gave me inaccurate information. But they insisted that I should have known because it was in my policy. Fortunately they refunded all of the premiums I paid.
Old 02-16-17, 05:21 PM
satiger
Instructor

Received 90 Likes on 65 Posts

I spoke with Warranty Direct. They specifically told me air suspension and electronics won't be covered with their whatever they call as top tier warranty. To cover those components additional 'package' needs to be purchased. If I add both cost, it was well above Lexus Platinum warranty price at retail !!!!.
Old 02-20-17, 05:04 AM
RR601
Intermediate

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

May pat to rent a PO Box at a UPS store for a month.
Old 02-21-17, 04:43 PM
Gbp
Lexus Champion

Received 60 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by RR601
May pat to rent a PO Box at a UPS store for a month.
The success of trying to use a private PO box as one's personal address depends on several factors, including how diligently the address is checked. If someone notices the address is a UPS store, that might not turn out well for the person trying to evade a residency requirement.
The following users liked this post:
03 LS 430 (03-04-17)
Old 02-26-17, 07:23 PM
03 LS 430
Pit Crew

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Need Lexus extended warranty I am in nyc

What's good people I just brought a 2011 ls 460 with 39500 miles and need an referral. Cell 3478692915. Lexus paltium warranty or close to it
Old 02-26-17, 08:33 PM
sktn77a
Lead Lap

Received 292 Likes on 257 Posts

Originally Posted by 03 LS 430
What's good people I just brought a 2011 ls 460 with 39500 miles and need an referral. Cell 3478692915. Lexus paltium warranty or close to it
Translation, please?

Quick Reply: Lexus Extended Warranty - best price ?