LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

We are picking up our lexus 460L

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-14, 03:32 PM
charlesatl
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you all. As for the 2014 S550 it did not work for wife sadly so the ls460 was the only that did and believe me we wanted a much cheaper car to work.
Old 08-16-14, 04:59 PM
Lavrishevo
Lexus Fanatic

Received 308 Likes on 228 Posts

If you want smoothness and very reliable car why not a nice low mileage 430 UL? You could save yourself 85 grand and travel the world... Anyway, I wish you luck in your search. I decided not to purchase new cars a few years ago. Just a terrible investment and you loose so much money driving the thing off the lot. Personally, I would save the 85 grand and enjoy life with that savings.

Last edited by Lavrishevo; 08-16-14 at 05:05 PM.
Old 08-16-14, 09:52 PM
sford52
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I sympathize, you are only trying to make your wife comfortable (a very nice thing to do), and willing to spend a lot of money to do it. Admirable.

But you need to get what you ordered and paid for.

I have seen some low lifes in the various dealerships (though I wasn't aware corporate we so useless, that's scary).

Anyway, I would try to contact a dealership named Sewell Lexus in Dallas (http://www.sewelllexus-dallas.com/). They seem to have a very good reputation for telling the truth and honoring their commitments. I am not related to the in any way, nor have I ever dealt with them. But from reading the board, they are straight shooters. I would believe whatever they told you, and go on from there.

Please don't settle for less, expect what you paid for, or go elsewhere

Good luck sir.
Old 08-17-14, 10:11 AM
wanderer99
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This is sad that Corporate aren't recognizing that this is someone who is struggling to purchase a $99k+ new car who is being messed around by their dealer...

Lexus have definitely produced these cars with the options that you wanted. As an example, here is a CPO'd 2013 LS460L AWD with 2,000 miles at South Bay Lexus in Torrance CA that has the driver attention monitor package and appears to have all the other options, for $81K: http://www.southbaylexus.com/Vehicle...-CA/2290673353.
Old 08-17-14, 10:53 AM
sktn77a
Lead Lap

Received 292 Likes on 257 Posts

It's sad that the American automobile industry has largely abandoned the large, plush-riding car market. The biggest now available are the Chevy Impala, Cadillac XTS sedan and Ford Taurus. Can't speak for the two GM cars but the Taurus is not very roomy inside.

Your best bet is to buy a 2014 460LS LWB off the lot, with as many of the options you want as you can get, when the 2015 model arrival is imminent. At least you'll be in a good negotiating position.
Old 08-17-14, 11:43 AM
Pamperme
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by charlesatl
Well corporate called yesterday and it was a cluster. The rep listened but did NOT want us to forward the email where the dealer stated they could not add the luxury package per Lexus, admitted that she had driven a 460 with those options and then stated she would contact the web designed to see why they put on a luxury package on the web site that may not exist...WTF..she would not state that we could add the ultra package and avoided that question entirely...she is supposed to call back so if I get the same BS should I continue up the food chain..we could go to another dealer but again on one hand thats another 3-4 months and at this point we are not sure we would be treated any different...the other problem is that my wife is severely disabled and the ONLY car with a smooth enough ride for her to take even a short ride is the 460 so we are kinda stuck in the brand (yes we have driven all of the other brands_.
The latest consumer reports says that the 2014 s-class produced the best ride EVER tested by them. For what it's worth, they said the same thing about the 2001 s class, yet motortrend, and car and driver said the ls430 rode better then the 2001 generation s class (so make of that what you will). Point being, try the s class and see how that rides.

In regards to Lexus corporate, YES, ABSOLUTELY PURSUE THIS MATTER FURTHER don't waste ur time with middle men, demand to speak with the highest of management. They are the ones who can accomplish what u want.

PS. I just saw where u said the s class wouldn't work so I assume youve already test drve it. So perhaps consumer reports overhyped the s class's ride once again?

Last edited by Pamperme; 08-17-14 at 11:47 AM.
Old 08-17-14, 05:29 PM
charlesatl
Driver

We tried the S class because it was referred to as having "a buttery smooth ride" and "if you can get comfortable in this car you might as well walk."

Well it wasnt that comfortable and the suspension was nothing compared to the Lexus 460 and I know the is my opinion but the inside of the car "which the salesman referrd to as a classic" looked like it had been made in eastern europe in the 60s.

So for my wife to be able to ride sitting up its the Lexus.
Old 08-17-14, 05:59 PM
pmiller
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So, Lexus wins??? Awesome!!! I keep hearing mow much better ride the 430 vs the 460. Is that really true? Should I get a 430 once my 460 is paid off?
Old 08-17-14, 11:53 PM
Tang98
Rookie

Holy....I would be very angry and ask for a HUGE discount if you order another one. Or you could buy the car at another dealer and then come back to this dealership and give them the middle finger . Lol. I know a guy that got treated like crap at this one mb dealership so he went to purchase the car at another dealership. And then he went back to the other dealership, parked the car in the front and told them to go ***** themselves..
Old 08-18-14, 08:13 AM
peteybabes
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

We tried the S class because it was referred to as having "a buttery smooth ride" and "if you can get comfortable in this car you might as well walk."

Well it wasnt that comfortable and the suspension was nothing compared to the Lexus 460 and I know the is my opinion but the inside of the car "which the salesman referrd to as a classic" looked like it had been made in eastern europe in the 60s.

So for my wife to be able to ride sitting up its the Lexus.
did you happen to try an s-class with the "magic ride"? the only downside is that you have to give up AWD, which i wouldn't care about as i've always had RWD. . .
Old 08-18-14, 11:01 AM
charlesatl
Driver

We are again talking to the corporate today. Will update. We tried the magic ride and to us it was a like a button that didnt work. Ride still too rough for my wife. The whole idea is that for the past 7 years she had to ride in the back of a 1998 mercury sable on a matress and can only go a few miles like bank and store so when we decided to get a new car the main thing was for her to be able to sit in the front seat for the first time in 7 years and go a little farther...so you can imagine how irritating this is to be treated like that.

Last edited by charlesatl; 08-18-14 at 12:17 PM.
Old 08-18-14, 11:17 AM
mbarron37
Advanced

Received 73 Likes on 57 Posts

We are again talking to the corporate today. Will update. We tried the magic ride and to us it was a like a button that didnt work. Ride still too rough for my wife. The whole idea is that for the past 7 years she had to ride in the back of a 1998 mercury sable on a matress and can only go a few miles like bank and store so when we decided to get a new car the main thing was for her to be able to sit seat for the first time in 7 years and go a little farther...so you can imagine how irritating this is to be treated like that.
Please keep us posted. Still dying to know if the dealership screwed up the order or if Lexus did not build the car that was ordered. Seems that someone should have contacted you if they couldn't build the car you requested. Either way horrible customer service.
Old 08-18-14, 03:35 PM
Pamperme
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

We are again talking to the corporate today. Will update. We tried the magic ride and to us it was a like a button that didnt work. Ride still too rough for my wife. The whole idea is that for the past 7 years she had to ride in the back of a 1998 mercury sable on a matress and can only go a few miles like bank and store so when we decided to get a new car the main thing was for her to be able to sit in the front seat for the first time in 7 years and go a little farther...so you can imagine how irritating this is to be treated like that.

Lol!! Perhaps that's the 'magic'.
A magic button for a magic ride.

Last edited by Pamperme; 08-19-14 at 09:28 AM.
Old 08-18-14, 08:16 PM
charlesatl
Driver

Update...corporate did NOT call today as promised. Again for almost $100,000 I SHOULD get my butt fluffed a little....am going to call and start going up the chain but it looks like unless they give me a HUGE discount and other things like extended warranty and butt fluffing I will just turn down the car and try to find another dealership that will sell me what I want. Its like buying a house and then finding out you dont get the house you wanted.
Old 08-19-14, 05:41 AM
Nospinzone

Received 406 Likes on 314 Posts

I would just head for another dealership. I think it is highly unlikely they will give you a huge discount and an extended warranty. Based on the way they have apparently lied to you already, they will simply sell the car to the next customer. I can hear the sales pitch now -

"We had a customer special order this car and he backed out at the last minute. This is a special car, there is not another like it in North America. We can give you a special deal by taking a full ONE THOUSAND dollars off of sticker. Oh, and we have some great undercoating we can add on for only $900."

And so the BS goes ..............

Quick Reply: We are picking up our lexus 460L