LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Airforce struts and accuair manament set up ? Price?

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-14, 11:49 AM
fitted
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Airforce struts and accuair manament set up ? Price?

Is that a good setup for my 2007 Ls460? And also is that a good deal? I'm new at airbags so need some feed back.. Thanks

It's a Airforce struts/bags paired with stage 2 accuair with dual compressor
Elevel ,vu4, touch pad, stainless tank,
Airlines

For only $3850 shipped and everhthing !
Old 07-29-14, 12:38 PM
Nat
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

For only $3850...you get what you pay for....in this case, a Lexus LS460 with a Honda comfort.
Old 07-29-14, 12:42 PM
fitted
Driver School Candidate

So I should get the accuair struts then?
Old 07-29-14, 12:47 PM
fitted
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Nat
For only $3850...you get what you pay for....in this case, a Lexus LS460 with a Honda comfort.

So I should get the accuair struts then?
Old 07-29-14, 01:27 PM
Nat
Lexus Test Driver

I don't believe Accuair make struts. Air Force suspension is a rebranded Air Rex. I'm not saying Air Force or Air Rex are bad...I'm just saying that I personally do not enjoy the ride/comfort level they provide. I have ridden in Air Runner and Air Rex and base on my PERSONAL opinion, Air Runner is much more comfortable. Now, $3850 is a very good deal, but you have to decide what's more important...price or comfort? Air Runner will cost more but it's much more comfortable. Again, just my opinion...
Old 07-29-14, 01:35 PM
fitted
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Nat
I don't believe Accuair make struts. Air Force suspension is a rebranded Air Rex. I'm not saying Air Force or Air Rex are bad...I'm just saying that I personally do not enjoy the ride/comfort level they provide. I have ridden in Air Runner and Air Rex and base on my PERSONAL opinion, Air Runner is much more comfortable. Now, $3850 is a very good deal, but you have to decide what's more important...price or comfort? Air Runner will cost more but it's much more comfortable. Again, just my opinion...
Accuair does make struts for my car. Yeah I heard airrunner is a good brand for lexus. Thanks for the info
Old 07-29-14, 02:01 PM
Nat
Lexus Test Driver

I believe Accuair has a contract with UAS...therefore, their strut are just UAS bags. I haven't been in a LS460 with UAS setup.
Old 07-29-14, 02:08 PM
fitted
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Nat
I believe Accuair has a contract with UAS...therefore, their strut are just UAS bags. I haven't been in a LS460 with UAS setup.
It says is made my D2??
Attached Thumbnails Airforce struts and accuair manament set up ? Price?-image.jpg  
Old 07-29-14, 02:35 PM
Nat
Lexus Test Driver

Have you heard of D2 before? Probably rebranded...
Old 07-29-14, 03:26 PM
1Putt
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

D2 is made in either Taiwan or China, I forget. But they are not made by Airrex although they look similar
Old 07-29-14, 03:36 PM
Trbodynamx
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

TWR is actually the manufacturer of D2 Racing's coil-overs and air suspension kits.

AirForce definitely isn't AirRex rebranded. AirForce has also been on the market a few years longer than AirREX.

As far as I know AccuAir doesn't have a contract with anyone to sell strut kits. They pair their products up with TWR/D2, UAS, and RideTech. I have actually ordered a few different kit's from these guys.

Can't say I am a huge fan of the AirRunner products. Insanely long lead time, insanely heavy parts, can't get replacement parts for months when needed. Way to overpriced...

I have been bagging cars for about 15 years now and it's all in how the car is set-up.
Old 07-29-14, 03:50 PM
lieup
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Try this!
http://www.boldworld.co.jp/ultima_leggero_advance.html
OR
http://www.boldworld.co.jp/parfumecup.html

Last edited by lieup; 07-29-14 at 03:53 PM.
Old 07-29-14, 03:51 PM
fitted
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Trbodynamx
TWR is actually the manufacturer of D2 Racing's coil-overs and air suspension kits.

AirForce definitely isn't AirRex rebranded. AirForce has also been on the market a few years longer than AirREX.

As far as I know AccuAir doesn't have a contract with anyone to sell strut kits. They pair their products up with TWR/D2, UAS, and RideTech. I have actually ordered a few different kit's from these guys.

Can't say I am a huge fan of the AirRunner products. Insanely long lead time, insanely heavy parts, can't get replacement parts for months when needed. Way to overpriced...

I have been bagging cars for about 15 years now and it's all in how the car is set-up.
So which struts would you go with airforce or D2 struts? And is that is a good setup ?

It's a Airforce struts/bags paired with stage 2 accuair with dual compressor
Elevel ,vu4, touch pad, stainless tank,
Airlines

For only $3850 shipped to your door for everhthing !
Old 07-29-14, 04:29 PM
Trbodynamx
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey fitted,

I would go ahead and grab up the kit that you are talking about. I have installed a few AirForce kits on on Subaru's and have been plenty pleased. I've literally installed about every kit known to man on the market. The only one I've ever had issues was, was AirREX. The bump stops deteriorate after a couple of months of driving and plug the hole for the fittings. This happened to to kit's I installed and I had to pull the bag off of the strut to clean everything out of it. There was even debri in the manifold that got blown back through the air line.
Old 07-29-14, 04:46 PM
brianlin87
Resident JDM Snob

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Trbodynamx
I have installed a few AirForce kits on on Subaru's and have been plenty pleased. I've literally installed about every kit known to man on the market. The only one I've ever had issues was, was AirREX. The bump stops deteriorate after a couple of months of driving and plug the hole for the fittings. This happened to to kit's I installed and I had to pull the bag off of the strut to clean everything out of it. There was even debri in the manifold that got blown back through the air line.
Not trying to discredit you Trbodynamx, but having installed every "kit known to man on the market" is different than having installed every kit available for the LS460 chassis. What works well on a Subaru may not work well on a Lexus, and vice-versa. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I was under the impression each Air Runner kit is chassis specific; whereas the other kits are all "universal" to a certain extent.

Quick Reply: Airforce struts and accuair manament set up ? Price?