LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

1 squeaky car!!

Old 07-16-14, 04:52 PM
lex460l
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 1 squeaky car!!

wussup everybody...so my ls has been by far the noisiest car I've had, i honestly think its a blend of things creating noise as well as how quiet the car actually is. theres a noise from the front end that nobody can seem to find...kinda gave up on that, my passenger seat rattles when unoccupied, still trying to figure that one out. my latest however is probably the most annoying!! the pillar to the left of me which the seat belt comes from is squeaking like crazy and its right next to my ear! if i go over bumps u can hear it but if still u can actually move it up and down and hear it loud and clear and I'm going nuts. actually went to lexus today and mentioned it but he said all cars squeak, i pointed out to him that the passenger side wasn't making the noise but he still claims no fix.....so has anybody had this problem? was there a fix? did u replace it? anything plz! btw i think lexus extended warranty sucks
Old 07-16-14, 05:36 PM
sktn77a
Lead Lap

Received 292 Likes on 257 Posts

Try a different dealership!
Old 07-16-14, 06:25 PM
greg3852
Lexus Test Driver

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

Never have anything in my car squeak. It is your car. Track down what is making the noise. It's probably a loose bolt or something.

And the Lexus Extended Warranty does not come anywhere near sucking. Especially if you need service that costs thousands. It may suck if your car is making noises that he can't hear, but not if you need actual service.
Old 07-16-14, 06:30 PM
lex460l
Driver

Originally Posted by sktn77a
Try a different dealership!
well heres the thing.....i live in nyc....bought the car in ct....alot of noises couldn't be duplicated out there cuz the roads were so smooth, tried a dealership in brooklyn....overall not the greatest experience but at least the master tech was cool....was taking a trip down south and went with a recommendation from a friend, i couldn't duplicate any of the problems but yet they still fixed everything!! back in brooklyn some new issues came about they gave me the run around so i decided to try a new dealership out here.....tried lexus of queens since it was an elite dealer....the advisor kept trying to rush me and wouldn't even let me say what i was saying lol so i said back to brooklyn and left....my best experience was 12 hours away I'm just tired of all this experimenting .....btw lexus in general doest fix noises so their saying if they check the car and nothing is wrong it has to b a diagnostic fee
Old 07-16-14, 07:37 PM
lex460l
Driver

Originally Posted by greg3852
Never have anything in my car squeak. It is your car. Track down what is making the noise. It's probably a loose bolt or something.

And the Lexus Extended Warranty does not come anywhere near sucking. Especially if you need service that costs thousands. It may suck if your car is making noises that he can't hear, but not if you need actual service.
its very possible we've had completely different experiences. as well as I'm intertwining dealership experiences but none the less......i brought my car in to get a couple things looked at and fixed at bay ridge lexus, they claimed i needed my rear air struts replaced and said because it was an expensive part they needed to call it in.....it got denied even though it was the master tech that said that what the car needed..i said so what do you guys suggest i do? they said wait till it gets worse....fine....coouple months later i try a dealership in north carolina and they replace them with no problem and since the roads out there were smooth i couldn't even duplicate the problem and it also didn't get worse lol...when i came back to nyc they claimed i never complained about that lol.....theres way more to that story but for me a luxury brand would hopefully have more consistency through the country.....also I've heard from multiple workers that its not about a part being broken but how broken.....so my struts weren't bad enough.....not that they were fine.....so thats jeopardizing everything from my time to money to possibly my safety......sucks to me but we all have our opinions
Old 07-16-14, 07:39 PM
lex460l
Driver

Originally Posted by greg3852

1 more thing sry.......they have clearly heard the noises i spoke of every single time....im not a professional so I'm not sure how well i can track down a noise that they can't
Old 07-17-14, 03:18 PM
sktn77a
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by lex460l
couple months later i try a dealership in north carolina and they replace them with no problem and since the roads out there were smooth i couldn't even duplicate the problem and it also didn't get worse lol
Mind if I ask which dealership in NC? Maybe I should try them.
Old 07-18-14, 02:18 PM
lex460l
Driver

Originally Posted by sktn77a
Mind if I ask which dealership in NC? Maybe I should try them.
hendricks, but theres 2 of them.....so whichever one is the newest one lol not exactly sure where it is if i find the papers ill let u know
Old 07-18-14, 06:40 PM
sktn77a
Lead Lap

I think they're both in Charlotte. I live in Chapel Hill so I don't think I'll be taking it there.