LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Accuair install help

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-14, 06:44 PM
ar2doh
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Accuair install help

Wass good ls peeps !! Anyone out here do their own accuair install ?? I'm pretty much finish , jus stuck at the wiring there's a orange wire that on the accuair ecu that requires me to run it to a 12v "on" source , I ran it to the 12v outlet in my center console but It did not work .... Put a test light on it and it did not work so I'm guessing that the plug works only when it's grounded when you insert a charger or something of that nature (idk) ....... So my question is where did you run this orange wire?? Any help on this would be greatly appreciated !!!
Old 06-08-14, 08:30 PM
Lextrician
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

You can use any acc but you answered you own question because when you do circuits you need a hot and a return. with 12v dc you need a hot and a ground to complete the circuit.
Old 06-08-14, 08:48 PM
is150
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

[IMG][/IMG]

This pic is in thanks to member AznRacer when I had the same question when installing my accuair switchspeed and Platinum Vip cup kit. On the left side of the trunk you'll find a fuse this fuse box. Use a mini add a fuse and place it in the same spot in the picture. Youll have to get a pack of mini fuses too because the stock fuses won't work in the mini add a fuse.
If you have any other questions please use this thread to ask them. Not enough LS460 specific accuair/air ride build/ install threads.
When your finished be sure to post pics or create a build thread. I've taken pics of mine just need to start a thread.

Last edited by is150; 06-08-14 at 08:57 PM.
Old 06-09-14, 04:55 AM
ar2doh
Driver School Candidate

awesome !!! What amp fuse is plugged in there?
Thanks !!!! I had all my install and progress pics on my phone , and unfortunately someone stole it out my daily ... Also lesson learned on not backing anything up on a cloud
Old 06-09-14, 08:48 AM
is150
Lead Lap

I think it's a 5. And if you turn your car on and the accuair doesn't turn on after installing the add a circuit, just flip the circuit around (be sure to turn the car off before flipping the circuit around).
Saw the other teaser thread you started, sorry about the pics. I've been slowly uploading mine on Instagram.
Old 06-09-14, 01:53 PM
tnbigdawg
Driver

Originally Posted by ar2doh
Wass good ls peeps !! Anyone out here do their own accuair install ?? I'm pretty much finish , jus stuck at the wiring there's a orange wire that on the accuair ecu that requires me to run it to a 12v "on" source , I ran it to the 12v outlet in my center console but It did not work .... Put a test light on it and it did not work so I'm guessing that the plug works only when it's grounded when you insert a charger or something of that nature (idk) ....... So my question is where did you run this orange wire?? Any help on this would be greatly appreciated !!!
I ran mine to the the stock cigarette lighter power source. I got rid of the ashtray and cigarette lighter altogether, and used a wiring harness off a spare ashtray assembly I purchased in the classifieds. There's also a purple wire for a light source (changes the brightness of the touchpad), and I hooked that up to the ashtray door light. The circuit get's activated when you turn your headlights on.

You can kind of see the cigarette lighter and door light with the wire harness attached in this pic:

Last edited by tnbigdawg; 06-09-14 at 02:05 PM.
Old 06-09-14, 06:25 PM
ar2doh
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by tnbigdawg
I ran mine to the the stock cigarette lighter power source. I got rid of the ashtray and cigarette lighter altogether, and used a wiring harness off a spare ashtray assembly I purchased in the classifieds. There's also a purple wire for a light source (changes the brightness of the touchpad), and I hooked that up to the ashtray door light. The circuit get's activated when you turn your headlights on.

You can kind of see the cigarette lighter and door light with the wire harness attached in this pic:

that's bad *** right there homie !!!!

I went with the add a circuit and it was success !!! , now my only problem is my car aired all the way up the fronts still tuck to where I can't drive , so back on jack stands she goes ..... Thank you for your help , I really appreciate it !!!!
Old 06-09-14, 06:33 PM
tnbigdawg
Driver

I went with the add a circuit and it was success !!! , now my only problem is my car aired all the way up the fronts still tuck to where I can't drive , so back on jack stands she goes ..... Thank you for your help , I really appreciate it !!!!
Glad you got it working. What struts/bags are you running?
Old 06-09-14, 07:52 PM
ar2doh
Driver School Candidate

I went with uas over bc coilovers
Old 06-10-14, 08:22 AM
is150
Lead Lap

What size tank, how many compressors you using? I'm assuming your also using an accuair vu4 manifold. Accuair digital pressure sender?
Is there enough pressure in the tank to raise the both the front and back, or just the front? If you are using the accuair digital pressure sender then you may need to increase it to 200psi.
Old 06-10-14, 03:53 PM
mrgameover
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Is the front bags fully inflated? If so you will need to adjust the perches on the coil over to raise the bags.
Old 06-11-14, 02:58 PM
ar2doh
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by is150
What size tank, how many compressors you using? I'm assuming your also using an accuair vu4 manifold. Accuair digital pressure sender?
Is there enough pressure in the tank to raise the both the front and back, or just the front? If you are using the accuair digital pressure sender then you may need to increase it to 200psi.
I got a 4 gallon tank with 2 380 compressors , the bc's are the extreme drop so they came adjusted all the way down, it was just a matter of raising the coilover tube up .... Fully inflated I have a finger gap all the way around .... Still deciding if I wanna go a lil higher lol !! I'll post a pic in a bit.
Old 06-11-14, 03:35 PM
ar2doh
Driver School Candidate

thanks your guys help I finally got it out of the garage so I took a quick pic , so much more to do, still have the interior to put back in, and clean up the trunk as of now its jus a rats nest of wires n air line .... hope yall like it
Attached Thumbnails Accuair install help-img_20140610_200145.jpg  
Old 06-11-14, 09:27 PM
mrgameover
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Looking nice, man. Were you on factory air or springs/shocks before? How's the ride comparison?
Old 06-12-14, 12:00 AM
Lextrician
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Wheels look sick! !!

Quick Reply: Accuair install help