LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

aftermarket questions

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-13, 05:27 PM
lex460l
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default aftermarket questions

wussup everyone, so im looking at parts and fluids online, air filter, front cabin filter, wiper blades, fluids, some of those things to me are over priced and some other things im wondering if they have better alternatives no matter the price

living in nyc im assuming lexus would say my driving condition is severe so i just want your opinions as well as knowledge on some things

the manual says 10k cabin filter change, the filters are $60 from the dealer and $37 on sewell, still pricey to me, do you guys think 10k is needed? as well as, do you know or have experiences with aftermarket cabin filters?

with the air filters, the price to me seems good but do you know of any better? and what cars carry the same filter? because it seems hard to find ls460 filters outside of toyota's brand

the wiper blade inserts, can you replace them with lets say piaa silicone or do they have to be toyota?

and for every fluid the car can possibly take, do you guys recommend toyota stuff always or do you have other brands you prefer, for performance or price?
Old 12-18-13, 06:19 PM
Valley101
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Cabin Filter

You can get them online from places such as Amazon. There are a couple of other places also. Just do a google search.,
Old 12-18-13, 07:03 PM
lex460l
Driver

Originally Posted by Valley101
You can get them online from places such as Amazon. There are a couple of other places also. Just do a google search.,
that really doesnt answer anything lol but thanx anyway
Old 12-18-13, 07:20 PM
Devh
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by lex460l
that really doesnt answer anything lol but thanx anyway

I thought the poster was helpful. I don't understand your inability to do a quick search. It's easy.
Amazon.com: Wix 24160 Cabin Air Filter: Automotive Amazon.com: Wix 24160 Cabin Air Filter: Automotive

If you cant search DIY may not be your thing.

I would go to Toyota for all of the fluids purchase third party for things like wipers and cabin filters. Make sure you follow directions and if you cant then take your car to a competent mechanic.
Old 12-18-13, 07:59 PM
lex460l
Driver

Originally Posted by Devh
I thought the poster was helpful. I don't understand your inability to do a quick search. It's easy.
Amazon.com: Wix 24160 Cabin Air Filter: Automotive

If you cant search DIY may not be your thing.

I would go to Toyota for all of the fluids purchase third party for things like wipers and cabin filters. Make sure you follow directions and if you cant then take your car to a competent mechanic.
well maybe i didnt word it right, what im asking is what ppl tried anything different as well as what they have experienced..... he said i can get them from places like amazon, i dont know what he meant by them, i mentioned a lot of things. i did search and didnt come up with much helpful info so i decided to come here, did a search here also and still nothing specifically answered my question, so im not unable to search and i also didnt say that i was trying to do the work myself, ever purchased parts for somebody to install?? well thats my plan, sometimes it works out cheaper that way..... as far as the link for the wix filter, you may notice it has no reviews thats why im asking if anybody here has any experience with anything i mentioned originally but thanx much for your advice, i also think ill go with all toyota fluids
Old 12-18-13, 09:28 PM
CJITTY

Received 146 Likes on 109 Posts

Pembroke Pines Trademotion Lexus Parts is a good bet to get Lexus parts and fluids. Also Sewell Lexus parts. With the questions you are asking. .you probably should stick to oem products and be done with it..There are numerous helpful threads for basic maintenance in the FAQ sticky (have you reviewed that yet?) ...you have a 460 flagship..gotta pay to play homie.
Old 12-18-13, 11:28 PM
lex460l
Driver

Originally Posted by CJITTY
Pembroke Pines Trademotion Lexus Parts is a good bet to get Lexus parts and fluids. Also Sewell Lexus parts. With the questions you are asking. .you probably should stick to oem products and be done with it..There are numerous helpful threads for basic maintenance in the FAQ sticky (have you reviewed that yet?) ...you have a 460 flagship..gotta pay to play homie.
thanx for that ill look up pembroke, i already searched for stuff on sewell their good from what ive seen, so far everything i have used is oem, even down the engine oil i use toyotas 0w-20 so most likely ill continue to just stick with oem......but that cabin filter i dont know.... the financial aspect i dont mind paying for something......as long as its worth it, ive had experiences where cheaper products turned out to actually work better, but overall i was more concerned with the best applications possible
Old 12-19-13, 05:58 AM
Tee

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts

For all little things that needed attention go to the FAQ sticky thread at the top of this forum, and look under TSIB Info. CJITTY pointed you to the best site for OEM parts, far as filters i agree with you. I been using this one for the cabin filter below, you can find it on Amazon for $13...
Attached Thumbnails aftermarket questions-cabin-filter.jpg  
Old 12-19-13, 09:26 AM
Devh
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 42 Posts

well maybe i didnt word it right, what im asking is what ppl tried anything different as well as what they have experienced..... he said i can get them from places like amazon, i dont know what he meant by them, i mentioned a lot of things. i did search and didnt come up with much helpful info so i decided to come here, did a search here also and still nothing specifically answered my question, so im not unable to search and i also didnt say that i was trying to do the work myself, ever purchased parts for somebody to install?? well thats my plan, sometimes it works out cheaper that way..... as far as the link for the wix filter, you may notice it has no reviews thats why im asking if anybody here has any experience with anything i mentioned originally but thanx much for your advice, i also think ill go with all toyota fluids
I see your point and you are correct. I think maybe you could have elaborated a little better then saying it was of no help.

Anyway lets let forget about it. I have the Wix filter and although it has no reviews I generally take reviews especially from Amazon with a pinch of salt. I choose the Wix filter because the company has a great reputation for high quality filters in general. The filter works just as good as what was in it and I think most filters will work reasonably well for the interval.

Sometimes you need to be a pioneer, do your own research and take a chance on a product. You will never know whats out there until you take the initiative.
Old 12-19-13, 10:33 PM
lex460l
Driver

Originally Posted by Tee
For all little things that needed attention go to the FAQ sticky thread at the top of this forum, and look under TSIB Info. CJITTY pointed you to the best site for OEM parts, far as filters i agree with you. I been using this one for the cabin filter below, you can find it on Amazon for $13...
Thanx, how do you like it ? Notice anything different compared to oem ?
Old 12-20-13, 05:42 AM
lieup
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

wussup everyone, so im looking at parts and fluids online, air filter, front cabin filter, wiper blades, fluids, some of those things to me are over priced and some other things im wondering if they have better alternatives no matter the price

living in nyc im assuming lexus would say my driving condition is severe so i just want your opinions as well as knowledge on some things

the manual says 10k cabin filter change, the filters are $60 from the dealer and $37 on sewell, still pricey to me, do you guys think 10k is needed? as well as, do you know or have experiences with aftermarket cabin filters?

with the air filters, the price to me seems good but do you know of any better? and what cars carry the same filter? because it seems hard to find ls460 filters outside of toyota's brand

the wiper blade inserts, can you replace them with lets say piaa silicone or do they have to be toyota?

and for every fluid the car can possibly take, do you guys recommend toyota stuff always or do you have other brands you prefer, for performance or price?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/170891073080?
I like this :thumb up: works perfect, don't see any different to OEM.
item=170891073080&viewitem=&sspagename=ADME:L:OU:US:3160&vxp=mtr
Old 12-20-13, 09:05 AM
Tee

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts

Thanx, how do you like it ? Notice anything different compared to oem ?
Works great for me! I do notice it does better job with clearing out smells leftover from going on food runs, I don't have to run the air purifier as much or at all. Give it a try it's built well and only $13.
Old 12-22-13, 02:06 AM
lex460l
Driver

Originally Posted by Devh
I see your point and you are correct. I think maybe you could have elaborated a little better then saying it was of no help. Anyway lets let forget about it. I have the Wix filter and although it has no reviews I generally take reviews especially from Amazon with a pinch of salt. I choose the Wix filter because the company has a great reputation for high quality filters in general. The filter works just as good as what was in it and I think most filters will work reasonably well for the interval. Sometimes you need to be a pioneer, do your own research and take a chance on a product. You will never know whats out there until you take the initiative.
Your also correct I could have expressed myself better than that but thanx again I think I'll actually try the wiz and the fram to compare
Old 05-26-14, 03:26 PM
cerbum
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Tee
Looking forward to seeing if I can tell the difference between the stock one and Fram CF10285 in the picture ... Now with Baking Soda kung fu grip!
Old 05-26-14, 06:41 PM
followthep
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Totally....understand your question. I run K&N for both of my air filters to save money...and a little insurance that I can do is recharge it myself for about $50 for each filter without having to pay over $100 for two filters every 20k miles.

Quick Reply: aftermarket questions