LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

LS remote start install DIY

Old 05-22-16, 06:19 PM
Shibumi1
Lexus Champion

Received 84 Likes on 60 Posts

is250 may not be RSR but the Ls is easy enough..
actually try the 4x10 or 5x10 they should work on the Is250
Old 05-23-16, 09:17 AM
My1998LS40
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Shibumi1
is250 may not be RSR but the Ls is easy enough..
actually try the 4x10 or 5x10 they should work on the Is250
Is it a sure thing on the LS, 2013+ F-Sport specifically? Is that from a dealer or with aftermarket parts like DBalls or idatalink? And what is 4x10 or 5x10? Thanks.
Old 09-28-16, 02:12 PM
drcabral
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HOW TO CLOSE TRUNK-Please help

Can someone explain how to close trunk with Smartstart or OEM FOB. I installed dball and Smartstart, I know where the front button is to open the trunk but, I am not certain how to set it up a so I can close the trunk with button, FOB or Smartstart. Can you explain how to set up a relay, what it is and if it will allow for me to close the trunk with FOB, front trunk button and Smartstart Aux. Thanks for your help
Old 09-28-16, 02:32 PM
comotiger
Pole Position

Received 292 Likes on 251 Posts

Originally Posted by drcabral
Can someone explain how to close trunk with Smartstart or OEM FOB. I installed dball and Smartstart, I know where the front button is to open the trunk but, I am not certain how to set it up a so I can close the trunk with button, FOB or Smartstart. Can you explain how to set up a relay, what it is and if it will allow for me to close the trunk with FOB, front trunk button and Smartstart Aux. Thanks for your help
That would be nice, but read a while back that, for safety reasons, the trunk cannot be closed any other way.
Old 09-28-16, 02:47 PM
GR6RR
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

You'll need to run wires, from your inside trunk switch, to a switch inside your vehicle, if you want to close the lid from the cabin. you will not be able to close with the fob, as far as I know...
Old 10-25-16, 01:37 AM
myroncuz
Rookie

^^^ true. my brother owns a car stereo shop and his guys ran another wire so now I can open close from my remote/cabin.

QUESTION
I cant decide if I should get pkall or dball..
im reading that dball will shut car down once doors open? definitely don't want that so, pkall? I want to be able to remote start with my viper, unlock, open door, get in, depress brake pedal, and drive away.

thanksssss
Old 10-25-16, 01:21 PM
Shibumi1
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by myroncuz
^^^ true. my brother owns a car stereo shop and his guys ran another wire so now I can open close from my remote/cabin.

QUESTION
I cant decide if I should get pkall or dball..
im reading that dball will shut car down once doors open? definitely don't want that so, pkall? I want to be able to remote start with my viper, unlock, open door, get in, depress brake pedal, and drive away.

thanksssss
Pkall.. won't work only dball , dball2, 4x10 or 5x10

2nd there is no easy way to do takeover in the 460/600h all 4 doors triggers would have to be bypassed.. then I can't guarantee that the car won't shut at the end of the run cycle.. so i wouldn't suggest it at all
Old 10-25-16, 01:35 PM
Shibumi1
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by comotiger
That would be nice, but read a while back that, for safety reasons, the trunk cannot be closed any other way.
for trunk close 1st.. cant be done from oem fob,, 2nd 2 wires need to be run from the rear neg from trunk pin an trunk close trigger at the trunk motor . then relay the output from the front open switch cut the output feed to open 30 to switch side ,87a to open motor, 87 to close trigger, 85 to trunk pin neg, 86 to constant 12.., now u MUST WAIT TIL THE TRUNK IS FULLY OPEN BEFORE CLOSING... if not it will stop mid motion.. an you'll have to go back and fully open it manually..
Old 10-26-16, 09:42 PM
cpcc
Pit Crew

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

gonna give a try installing it this weekend
Old 10-28-16, 07:21 AM
chaoses
Driver School Candidate

I'm trying to install a remote starter for my Lexus RC350 also. I just wonder if it is the same as all push starts? From what I heard, when I do factory remote starter with the 3 clicks, the car will start but will shut down when you unlock the door. You will have to push start again to drive. Is this correct? Doesn't that defeat the purpose of a remote starter? Thanks!
Old 10-28-16, 07:43 AM
comotiger
Pole Position

Originally Posted by chaoses
I'm trying to install a remote starter for my Lexus RC350 also. I just wonder if it is the same as all push starts? From what I heard, when I do factory remote starter with the 3 clicks, the car will start but will shut down when you unlock the door. You will have to push start again to drive. Is this correct? Doesn't that defeat the purpose of a remote starter? Thanks!
Depends upon why you want to install the remote start. If you want to use the remote start as a "safety" device so that you can start the car from a distance, hop in and drive off immediately (pushing start again would take you an additional 5 seconds), then it is a drawback. On the other hand, many people, including me, install remote start to either cool down the car on hot days or warm up the engine on cold days, especially if any snow or ice needs to be scraped off.

My dealer-installed OEM remote start will turn off after 10 minutes or when the door is opened. Aftermarket remote starts don't turn off the car when the door is opened (they may also not have a 10 minute timer); however, for this feature to work, I believe you have to use a separate key fob. Many remote starts can also be controlled by smartphone apps, but this is a subscription-based service.
Old 10-28-16, 07:58 AM
chaoses
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by comotiger
Depends upon why you want to install the remote start. If you want to use the remote start as a "safety" device so that you can start the car from a distance, hop in and drive off immediately (pushing start again would take you an additional 5 seconds), then it is a drawback. On the other hand, many people, including me, install remote start to either cool down the car on hot days or warm up the engine on cold days, especially if any snow or ice needs to be scraped off.

My dealer-installed OEM remote start will turn off after 10 minutes or when the door is opened. Aftermarket remote starts don't turn off the car when the door is opened (they may also not have a 10 minute timer); however, for this feature to work, I believe you have to use a separate key fob. Many remote starts can also be controlled by smartphone apps, but this is a subscription-based service.
Thanks, I want to use remote starter to warm up / cool down the car 5-10 minutes before I drive, so that will work. The guy quoted me for $400 factory install remote starter using Lexus remote 3 clicks. Not sure if Best Buy or some other places have cheaper prices. I probably don't want to install it myself because I might mess up. Does this void your warranty?
Old 10-28-16, 08:22 AM
comotiger
Pole Position

The OEM remote start should not void any warranty. You should check with your Lexus dealer, but they will be very pricey. But best to check before going with an independent shop unless they specialize in remote starts. Bestbuy and other places will sell and install aftermarket products. There are plenty of good ones (search the threads; Shibumi1 is especially knowledgeable), and they will also cost at least $200 if not more.
Old 10-28-16, 10:26 AM
roadfrog
Lexus Fanatic

Received 503 Likes on 382 Posts

Originally Posted by chaoses
Yes that's correct. I had a local shop install one on my wifes CT200H and that is how it operates. Same with my LS that I installed myself. The local shop I used charged me 450 bucks plus tax. In both cars, the engine shuts off whenever a door or trunk/hatch is opened.
Old 01-02-17, 11:02 AM
Catbyrd1
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Remote

any one have extra LS600 remote

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: LS remote start install DIY