LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

LS remote start install DIY

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-15, 09:46 AM
rodster239
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Little help, got everything connected got a solid green when I connected but no 3x remote start, the module clicks a few times but thats it...
Old 03-14-15, 10:41 AM
greg3852
Lexus Test Driver

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by rodster239
Little help, got everything connected got a solid green when I connected but no 3x remote start, the module clicks a few times but thats it...
Did you follow the programming of it word for word after installation? Should be on page 11 and 12 in the manual. If you have a solid green then you should be good.

Restart the vehicle normally with the push to start button, and then try hitting the remote 4 or 5 times instead of 3. I either can't count well or I usually hit it at least 4 times to make sure it starts up. Mine did the same thing when I first installed it, and I think the restart and shut off helped. IIRC
Old 03-14-15, 10:54 AM
rodster239
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by greg3852
Did you follow the programming of it word for word after installation? Should be on page 11 and 12 in the manual. If you have a solid green then you should be good.

Restart the vehicle normally with the push to start button, and then try hitting the remote 4 or 5 times instead of 3. I either can't count well or I usually hit it at least 4 times to make sure it starts up. Mine did the same thing when I first installed it, and I think the restart and shut off helped. IIRC
Followed it word for word, i got the solid green for 3 seconds and then it turned off. When I click the remote lock to begin the remote start sequence, no lights come on.. is this normal?

Tried what u suggested and still nothing...
Old 03-14-15, 11:08 AM
greg3852
Lexus Test Driver

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

Followed it word for word, i got the solid green for 3 seconds and then it turned off. When I click the remote lock to begin the remote start sequence, no lights come on.. is this normal?

Tried what u suggested and still nothing...
My turn signals flash when I press the lock button as they always have. Double check your wiring. If you have the green light then you know it has power, so thats a plus. Check on the programming and make sure the battery is good in the FOB.
Old 03-14-15, 11:14 AM
rodster239
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by greg3852
My turn signals flash when I press the lock button as they always have. Double check your wiring. If you have the green light then you know it has power, so thats a plus. Check on the programming and make sure the battery is good in the FOB.
My bad, I meant the lights on the module don't come on.. parking lights are good. Had it flashed by Toby so I'm hoping that's good.. I'll check the other wires connected with the t-taps, they look good but maybe they aren't getting a solid connection
Old 03-14-15, 11:45 AM
rodster239
Driver School Candidate

I verified all wires are connected secured and to the correct wire. Not sure why it's not working, is there any difference if i have the 4 x 10 instead of the DBALL2.
Old 03-17-15, 07:32 PM
rodster239
Driver School Candidate

I verified all wires are connected secured and to the correct wire. Not sure why it's not working, is there any difference if i have the 4 x 10 instead of the DBALL2.
Can someone take a look at the diagram for the 4x10 and let me know exactly which wires need to be connected? Seems like it's a little different from the DBALL
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
dds-tl3_fsg_en_vm20141029.pdf (3.88 MB, 273 views)
Old 03-18-15, 07:28 PM
Shibumi1
Lexus Champion

Received 84 Likes on 60 Posts

My bad, I meant the lights on the module don't come on.. parking lights are good. Had it flashed by Toby so I'm hoping that's good.. I'll check the other wires connected with the t-taps, they look good but maybe they aren't getting a solid connection
This may be your problem right here...."t taps" really..... c'mon son!!!

Ok... for those that dont know t taps are NOT a solid or recommend method to wiring solution. .... if your not goin to solder it.. use a military splice.. (strip the wires sheath back split the wire like the eye of a needle then thread it with your new wire. Wrap the new wire around the eye tightening it together as u wind. Then wrap it with 3m E tape. THEN use a wire tie on the 2 wire side of the connection to make sure it cant pull loose) fyi most of these wires transfer DATA to the cpu(billions of codes per sec). Not just simple voltage.. so a solid connection is a MUST.. a flimsy t tap connection wont support data properly..

If your local installer is still using t taps... do yourself a favor GO SOMEWHERE ELSE!!!!!

this has been a public service announcement.... i now return u to your thread!! #ttapsin2015isajoke
Old 06-04-15, 06:06 PM
dvrjason77
Driver School Candidate

http://cdncontent2.idatalink.com/cor...EM-AL(RS)-TL3-[FLCAN]-EN_20150410.pdf

FYI the Flashlogic FLCAN RS-TL3 does work on my 2011 LS460L to remote start with lexus keyfob 3x lock.

You may need to copy the whole address and paste it into your address bar. I don't know why it cut off the last part.
Old 06-08-15, 10:38 AM
vinniesabo
Rookie

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by dvrjason77
http://cdncontent2.idatalink.com/cor...EM-AL(RS)-TL3-[FLCAN]-EN_20150410.pdf

FYI the Flashlogic FLCAN RS-TL3 does work on my 2011 LS460L to remote start with lexus keyfob 3x lock.

You may need to copy the whole address and paste it into your address bar. I don't know why it cut off the last part.
Does this solve the take-over issue?
Old 06-09-15, 07:32 AM
dvrjason77
Driver School Candidate

I'm not certain what you mean by "take-over issue". I'm new here and on vacation, the internet is too slow for me to have the patience to search and figure it out. I think you want to know if the car turns off when I open the door. It does in fact turn off automatically when the door opens after a remote start.
Old 06-09-15, 08:01 AM
roadfrog
Lexus Fanatic

Received 505 Likes on 383 Posts

Originally Posted by dvrjason77
I'm not certain what you mean by "take-over issue". I'm new here and on vacation, the internet is too slow for me to have the patience to search and figure it out. I think you want to know if the car turns off when I open the door. It does in fact turn off automatically when the door opens after a remote start.
FWIW, the trunk also shuts off when I open it, but I can re-start the car remotely afterwards when the trunk is still open. I haven't tried it with the doors. This is handy for keeping the car cool in the summer while I load groceries, luggage etc.
Old 09-21-15, 02:24 PM
kho
Rookie

For $69 and 1hr of labor, worth looking into since I live in MN. A dealership charged me $600 to put in a remote starter in my GX460 where I could use my key fob to start the car. Is this the same device/method the dealership is using when installing a remote starter?
Old 09-24-15, 07:01 AM
Shibumi1
Lexus Champion

Received 84 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by kho
For $69 and 1hr of labor, worth looking into since I live in MN. A dealership charged me $600 to put in a remote starter in my GX460 where I could use my key fob to start the car. Is this the same device/method the dealership is using when installing a remote starter?

No its not the same device. Its alot better... plus if u use the dball2 it leaves the option open too add smart start (or smart start gps). To remote start the car from anywhere via your smartphone...
Old 09-24-15, 12:34 PM
enoch861
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

So there's 12 pages worth of content to go through... But at one point it looks like a firmware update to the dball screwed up the three lock button start.
Can you outline the new procedure/products we should buy (for us people who are just getting into this) to get the ball rolling on remote start? Winter is coming soon and I don't feel like paying Lexus 600 bucks or other install shops 300 bucks if I can get it for less than 100 bucks.

Quick Reply: LS remote start install DIY