LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

2013 Leftover LS460L

Old 05-07-14, 05:39 PM
Luckyme
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2013 Leftover LS460L

Hi All, I'm new here, and looking to buy a new LS460. I drove both the 2014 standard LS460 AWD, and F Sport, but prefer the standard. However, I came upon a special order 2013 460L, AWD, new with 600 miles at the dealer. They said it was a special order, but cancelled, w/ no executive seat package, but has LED Headlights, Heated Steering wheel, 19" wheels, semi Angeline leather trim, Mark Levingston, Blind spot monitor. Equipped perfect for me, and right color..... MSRP $ 88K.
What would be a really good price to pay? Seems like about $74K is right, based on used values, but it is considered new by dealer, but not by me. Dealer has had for about 9 months! Should be a steal, but they seem to be holding back selling to me, and a cash deal? What should I be willing to pay?
Old 05-07-14, 06:18 PM
peteybabes
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Wow! sounds like a possible incredible deal.

$14K less sounds like a bit of a stretch though! You will not be getting CPO warranty but new factory warranty which is a huge benefit for one, and at 600 miles, it really has been used too much at all.

let other's put their opinions in place, but maybe $80K sounds more fair?

**btw which dealership are you looking at? Lexus RiverCenter or...?
Old 05-07-14, 06:44 PM
Lextrician
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I agree it will be hard to haggle 14k less but you will be able to massage that price lower......that does sound like a nice deal though..
Old 05-08-14, 06:33 AM
waynedog
Pit Crew

Received 31 Likes on 14 Posts

The minute you drive it off the lot it will be worth ~$70k (value of a used 2013 460L with 600 miles). So anything you pay over $70k is what you are essentially paying for the car as you will have a car worth $70k when you are done. So if you pay $80k, you are giving up $10k to get the car. If I were buying it, I would not pay more than $75k.
Old 05-08-14, 07:07 AM
riknchar
Instructor

Received 225 Likes on 140 Posts

The Lexus of Omaha dealer had one or two leftover 2013 LS460s that were selling for roughly $10K below sticker price a couple of weeks ago. I'd think you'll be able to get at lease $10K knocked off, but I would definitely start the bidding lower ($14K off seems like a good starting point). Good luck! Sounds like a great time to buy a new LS460L AWD!
Old 05-08-14, 09:47 AM
Nospinzone

Received 405 Likes on 313 Posts

Originally Posted by Luckyme
What would be a really good price to pay? Seems like about $74K is right, based on used values, but it is considered new by dealer, but not by me. Dealer has had for about 9 months! Should be a steal, but they seem to be holding back selling to me, and a cash deal? What should I be willing to pay?
I think $74K would be a bit aggressive. I have 6 Lexus dealers within 75 miles of me so that gives a buyer some advantage. I don't know how many dealers you could reasonably purchase from.

Nevertheless, I think $74K is a good starting point, maybe even start a little less. It's better for you to start low and bargain up than to start high at the dealer's offer and bargain down.

I understand that with 600 miles you do not consider it new, but as long as the car has never been registered, it is considered new.

Actually paying cash is a negative to the dealer. They want you to finance through them because there is more profit in it for them. They may even give you a higher price for cash and a lower one if you finance. If you really get serious about the car let me know and I'll give you a tip on how to deal with that.
Old 05-08-14, 09:58 AM
islandbeef
Racer

Received 62 Likes on 38 Posts

Cash is king, no matter what people say. It puts you in the driver's seat, no pun. If they want to play games, take your business (and your cash) somewhere else.

You're looking out for yourself, not these leeches.
Old 05-08-14, 12:00 PM
sktn77a
Lead Lap

Received 292 Likes on 257 Posts

Dealers don't give a hoot about cash. In fact, they prefer not to have a cash deal as it deprives them of additional profit on the loan. Don't mention cash until after you have agreed upon a price. This is a 2 year old car now - when the dealer sees you walking out the door, they will deal and deal heavily! Suggestion is to do as much negotiation over the phone (with the internet sales manager, if they have one) - you're at a disadvantage on their turf.
Old 05-08-14, 01:13 PM
lbintab
Lexus Test Driver

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Yeah don't tell them cash. Work out the price of the car and not the monthly payments. Then pull out the cash. I would start negotiating prices as low as you can without them walking away from the table. Personally I would start by asking for their invoice price. Make an offer at or above that. And stick to it.
Old 05-08-14, 02:44 PM
Nospinzone

Received 405 Likes on 313 Posts

Originally Posted by islandbeef
Cash is king, no matter what people say.
Island, that's true if the business doesn't sell financing. If you don't have the cash they either have to take a credit card (which they don't want to do), or wait and hope you get financing from some third party. If they do sell financing, cash is the last thing they want to see.

If you want to see this real time, go into a dealer and negotiate your best cash price for a car. Then at the last minute tell the dealer that you would rather finance the deal through them. Ask them what the new negotiated price will be. On an LS model they will reduce the price at least $1000 and probably more depending on the MSRP. A 600hL will get you at least $2000 off the cash price.

There's a ton of profit in financing.
Old 05-08-14, 02:56 PM
Ascari_2
Advanced

Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by islandbeef
Cash is king, no matter what people say. It puts you in the driver's seat, no pun. If they want to play games, take your business (and your cash) somewhere else.

You're looking out for yourself, not these leeches.
A bit of a side track, but you must be the only one in the world with a `13 GSF!
Old 05-09-14, 04:07 PM
pmiller
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Nospinzone
Island, that's true if the business doesn't sell financing. If you don't have the cash they either have to take a credit card (which they don't want to do), or wait and hope you get financing from some third party. If they do sell financing, cash is the last thing they want to see.

If you want to see this real time, go into a dealer and negotiate your best cash price for a car. Then at the last minute tell the dealer that you would rather finance the deal through them. Ask them what the new negotiated price will be. On an LS model they will reduce the price at least $1000 and probably more depending on the MSRP. A 600hL will get you at least $2000 off the cash price.

There's a ton of profit in financing.
If this is the case, negotiate a finance deal and pay it off immediately. Cash is king, if you got it. If you have $75K cash to spend on a car...awesome for you!!! Play all the games you want...they play them too. Get the car and enjoy. I paid $48K for a 2010 LS LWB in November 2012. Did I pay too much? Maybe???? It was my dream car. I searched a long time (5 years) for a large luxury sedan and realized the 460 was the right choice. The LWB was something I wanted, but didn't have to have. I have no regrets at all. Plus, I turned 40. So, the perfect time to splerg.

Later!!!!
Old 05-10-14, 02:36 PM
Luckyme
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey All, thanks for the great recommendations and suggestions. I'm now the proud owner of a 2013, New LS460L. I'm pleased with the deal, even though $2K above what I planned to spend, but still $11K of MSRP. Ended up at $77K, and ended up trading in a 2013 Avalon LTD. , so I do not need to sell outright. They gave me NADA trade in value, so I'm OK with that.
The car is fantastic. I'm very impressed with the technology, ride, style, and overall quality.
As a side note, my wife and I have owned a company that is a tier 1 supplier to Toyota and 7 Toyota Plants in North America are our largest customers. We provide factory automation, robotics, and engineering services. We just sold our company, and still oversee the operations of our 4 locations. We are still very tightly tied in to Toyota. We've been to Toyota City in Japan, toured their factories, and Toyota/Lexus are top notch. I've owned a 1992 LS400 , and. 1999 RX300. But since, many other Toyota's and some German vehicles. It's nice to be back in a Lexus, especially the Flagship of the line.

Last edited by Luckyme; 05-10-14 at 02:51 PM.
Old 05-10-14, 03:11 PM
greg3852
Lexus Test Driver

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

Congrats on the purchase. Enjoy it. WE NEED PICTURES!!
Old 05-10-14, 04:04 PM
hfahmy
Advanced

Received 53 Likes on 48 Posts

Congratulations! Great buy! Post pictures.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2013 Leftover LS460L