LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Alarm/Remote Starter in LS460

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-14, 04:33 AM
triniexr
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Alarm/Remote Starter in LS460

Has anyone in here installed a remote starter with an alarm in their LS? I want to install one but I don't know how the system will react with the proxy key.
Old 04-23-14, 04:39 AM
greg3852
Lexus Test Driver

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

Here are a few threads on them

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls4...-add-on-2.html

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sea...archid=3384639
Old 04-23-14, 05:05 AM
slimjimtel
Lead Lap

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

I did it successfully on my 2006 IS350, I'm not sure how different the LS is, but i bet its very similar.
Viper Alarm
PKALL bypass

If you know anything about car alarms, its fairly easy. time patience and PRE PREP is they key to a good clean install. Know what you have and what you need to tap into before pulling any panels. I suggest a good shop to handle this if you are not inclined to dive in and do it.

I loved my remote start as my IS had to sit outside...too many cars in the garage.
Old 04-23-14, 05:08 AM
triniexr
Driver

Thanks so much for that!

So I guess all I need really is an Express Kit - DB-ALL- 401.TL3 v3.12.01.

It says that you can use it with the factory remote and it still keeps the full functions of the remote!
Old 04-23-14, 05:16 AM
slimjimtel
Lead Lap

Yes, you can still use the OEM FOB as normal, However, once the car is started the OEM FOB will no longer work. You will need to unlock the car with the new "Aftermarket" FOB.

the procedure is as such…

Press the "Aftermarket" Remote Start button
Car Starts and gets toasty warm or cool
The Lexus FOB is now NON operational because the car is started. This is no change to how it works.
Press the "Aftermarket" Remote start button again
The doors unlock
A 45 second countdown starts for you to get in WITH the Lexus FOB and press the Brake.
Once you press the brake, you can put it in R or D and drive
If you fail to do this in 45 seconds, once you put it in Drive the engine shuts off. (now just push the start/stop button)
Old 04-23-14, 05:31 AM
triniexr
Driver

Thats strange.. this video posted in the link shows an LS using the OEM fob to start and unlock the car

If it works like this I will definitely be getting this. This winter was bad here in Toronto.... spring is nowhere in sight either.

Old 04-23-14, 05:42 AM
slimjimtel
Lead Lap

Now THAT is nice!!! Wish we knew what system it was?
Old 04-23-14, 05:45 AM
triniexr
Driver

Originally Posted by slimjimtel
Now THAT is nice!!! Wish we knew what system it was?
Apparently it's the part that I listed. The xpresskits dball. I'll pull the trigger and get it. It's only $50 here at a local shop.
Old 04-23-14, 04:05 PM
slimjimtel
Lead Lap

I think your mistaken on this…the is just the data bus for another system that will need to be installed.

This is exactly what I referred to in a previous post, this is the same thing as the PKALL, both by Xpresskits.

It bypasses the ability to have a key fob hidden in the car to use a remote start. The PKALL and DBALL both need another remote start system to work in conjunction with this to have a complete remote start.
Old 04-23-14, 04:19 PM
slimjimtel
Lead Lap

I will correct myself

From the DBALL installation guide….

This guide supports the installation of a DBALL in Remote Start Ready (RSR) mode. This solution offers three (3) configuration options to control your system; 3x OEM Lock Remote Start Activation*, or SmartStart (all sold separately).

*3x OEM Lock Remote Start Activation is a feature that allows users to control the aftermarket remote starter using the factory (OEM) remote control. Press the OEM remote LOCK button twice (2) times within two (2) seconds, then press and hold the LOCK button for three (3) seconds to start the vehicle.

IT WILL WORK however there is NO takeover mode, meaning once you open a door…it shuts off. need extra modules to get takeover mode.

Remote Start Ready (RSR) is a function that enables the interface module to remote start the vehicle completely on its own. Consequently, there is no need for an aftermarket or an OEM remote starter in order to start the vehicle from a distance.

Last edited by slimjimtel; 04-23-14 at 05:46 PM.
Old 04-23-14, 06:25 PM
roadfrog
Lexus Fanatic

Received 505 Likes on 383 Posts

The system I will have installed in the Fall, allows the use of your OEM remote. Three click of the unlock button starts the car. Once started however, anytime you open a door, the engine turns off. No big deal as far as I'm concerned. The last thing I want is a second remote.
Old 04-24-14, 04:12 AM
triniexr
Driver

Originally Posted by roadfrog
The system I will have installed in the Fall, allows the use of your OEM remote. Three click of the unlock button starts the car. Once started however, anytime you open a door, the engine turns off. No big deal as far as I'm concerned. The last thing I want is a second remote.
What system is that?
Old 04-24-14, 03:56 PM
slimjimtel
Lead Lap

DBALL is what you need. That is ALL you need. I did a little research and chatted with the tech at xpresskit (DEI) who makes the DBALL.
Old 04-24-14, 09:50 PM
silverone
Rookie

I installed the DBALL unit in my 2007 LS460 about a month ago, it's the only piece you need if you just want remote start. it will work off the factory fob just as the others have stated with 3 quick presses of the lock button. it will shut down as soon as you open the door but that hasn't been a deal breaker for me. you can opt for the smart start module for your phone and it will give you the ability to remote start the car with either your fob or your phone. I will tell you that if you do get the smart start module you can also unlock/lock your doors and open your trunk with the phone (it's actually come in handy when my fiancée needed to get into my car and I'm not there) you may see some information about a T harness that says it's compatible with your car, it is NOT. I wasted 30 min trying to install that only to find it is not made for our cars. install time without the T harness side track would have been under an hour at a normal pace. hope this helps!
Old 04-25-14, 03:27 AM
GregoryNP
Pit Crew

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Best buy installed mine for $220 parts and labor.

Quick Reply: Alarm/Remote Starter in LS460