LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

What do ABS, VSC and AFS have in common?

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-14, 09:44 AM
don460
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool What do ABS, VSC and AFS have in common?

I'm back home, (Montreal) after 3 months in Texas with my 07 Ls460 mileage 115,000. Everything was going great until I started the car one morning and all these lights came on, (ABS, AFS, VSC).
There was some snow and ice on the road for the last few miles of my journey. I have had trouble with the AFS on a previous LS430 so I took off the rear tires to see if something had hit the wiring in that area and all seems OK.
Today, I will check the affected fuses to see if that could be the problem.
I have the service manuals for the car and the reading so far doesn't point out any common areas that would affect all 3 systems.
I have disconnected the battery and after about 30 mins. reconnected it with no joy.
Can anyone help with this oddball?

Checked all fuses, all OK.
Had Battery checked, it is 1 year old, tested OK.
One day later
Drove the car on 3 occasions. 1st time no lights at start up, lights came on after a short time, 3 minutes.
2nd time no lights at start up, lights came on after about 30 mins. of driving.
3rd time, no lights at start up, stayed off.
Next day
The lights never came on after 3 different trips.
The weather was warm today, no lights on. Temp supposed to drop tonight, will see if the lights come back.
Still have not found the common thread that ties these 3 lights together. The ABS and VSC use some of the same info but the AFS system for the headlights doesn't seem to use any.
I'll report back if the temp brings the lights back.
Thanx to all, for the help so far.

It's been a week and the lights haven't come back on, think I'll take it off my list of things to do.

Last edited by don460; 04-21-14 at 05:58 AM. Reason: additional info
Old 04-13-14, 08:46 PM
CJITTY

Received 146 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by don460
I'm back home, (Montreal) after 3 months in Texas with my 07 Ls460 mileage 115,000. Everything was going great until I started the car one morning and all these lights came on, (ABS, AFS, VSC).
There was some snow and ice on the road for the last few miles of my journey. I have had trouble with the AFS on a previous LS430 so I took off the rear tires to see if something had hit the wiring in that area and all seems OK.
Today, I will check the affected fuses to see if that could be the problem.
I have the service manuals for the car and the reading so far doesn't point out any common areas that would affect all 3 systems.
I have disconnected the battery and after about 30 mins. reconnected it with no joy.
Can anyone help with this oddball?

Checked all fuses, all OK.
Discussed numerous times already in other threads..but have your battery tested to ensure it's not dying. .most of these type of issues with lights can potentially occur when your battery is about to die..happened to me and others
Old 04-14-14, 02:15 PM
jmcraney

Received 254 Likes on 194 Posts

don460,

I think CJITTY has given you some very good advice. From what you told us about your situation, the ABS, AFS and VSC warning lights have in common, a battery that just moved from a moderate climate to a very cold climate.
Old 11-24-16, 08:06 PM
Crickets
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default ABS and VSC lights on - AFS light flashing

Thought I'd pass this along after experiencing ABS and VSC lights on with flashing AFS on my 2008 IS350. The issue first came up last December after I had winter tires installed. Problem disappeared after a couple of weeks so I figured it must have had something to do with snow getting into the ABS connector during the installation of the tires. Problem happened again 3 weeks ago (11 months later), so I replaced both front hub assemblies (one was a little noisy, so I decided to replace both on the chance that it also solved the problem causing these alarms). Problem solved. Alarms disappeared and have not reappeared ever since I replaced the both front hub assemblies.

Sidebar: replacing the hub assemblies was hassle free - a little PB Blaster and an inexpensive slide hammer was all that I needed. Took about 5 minutes after applying the PB Blaster to each hub and a few wacks of the slide hammer to pop them out.