LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

My 07 LS460 is ready for new wheels and tires

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-14, 11:48 AM
AZGS4
Intermediate

Received 144 Likes on 96 Posts
Default My 07 LS460 is ready for new wheels and tires

Hello. I am new to the LS forums, but am a long time CL member. In January I wrecked (total loss) the GS400 I had driven for the past 12 years and have recently acquired a 2007 LS460 SWB in Mercury Metallic with black interior. I love the LS, but not the 18 inch chrome wheels. I am hoping to make a decision on new wheels and tires in the next week or so in order to have the new set up on the car by the end of the month. Here are some pics of the car how it looks now.

Right now I am considering three different wheel options. Savini Black Di Forza BM3 in machined/black with stainless chrome lip, Lorenzo WL36 in gloss black with milled accents and Niche Lucerne M141 in black chrome. All three are concave style. I am considering both 20" and 22" sizes, but strongly leaning toward 20" at the moment.

Please let me know your thoughts on the wheels and don't be afraid to express your opinion. I want all feedback now so I don't make a mistake on my selection. I am also open to other wheel suggestions, but really want something in concave style with spokes to the outside edge of the wheel.

Thanks Guys.
Old 03-10-14, 11:56 AM
AZGS4
Intermediate

Here is a quick picture of my old GS400 if anyone is curious.

Old 03-10-14, 12:49 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

nice... got yourself a clean LS i see, congratz. look in the wheel and tire sticky you'll def find what you need there. i'm rolling on 20s' but will be rolling on 21s' soon. the Savini is classy and so is the Niche wheel.
Old 03-10-14, 01:00 PM
AZGS4
Intermediate

Thanks Sydtoosic, the LS is very clean inside and out. It took about three weeks to track down after I started my search.

I have read through the wheel and tire sticky multiple times and appreciate the information there. I really like the look of 22's on our cars, but I am also not willing to give up too much of the stock ride quality. Can you tell me why are you going from 20" to 21" and not 22"?
Old 03-10-14, 01:14 PM
tofu
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

What you going to do with the OEM wheels? Want to trade with my not chrome OEM wheels?
Old 03-10-14, 01:34 PM
AZGS4
Intermediate

tofu. I was either going to sell on Craigslist or keep as a back up. If you are in AZ and can trade locally I would consider, but probably not worth shipping etc. if you are outside of AZ.
Old 03-10-14, 01:39 PM
Grouchy
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AZGS4
Can you tell me why are you going from 20" to 21" and not 22"?
A few members who have serious modified LS have stated that 21" is perfect size for the LS. 20" is a bit too small and 22" is a bit too large. The only downside to having 21" in my opinion is that the wheel and tires are more expensive vs 22" wheels/tires.
Old 03-10-14, 07:39 PM
CJITTY

Received 147 Likes on 110 Posts

Just FYI..keep it to 20" or lower if you want to retain some oem comfort. .I had 20s and felt it was really comfortable. My 22s..def a significant difference, especially on roads that aren't too nice..still nicer ride than most cars. I recommend going to a meet and drive in someone's LS that has 22s to get the best intel possible
Old 03-10-14, 08:17 PM
roadfrog
Lexus Fanatic

Received 505 Likes on 383 Posts

I would love 22's, but alas....I KNOW what they feel like and as my LS is a daily driver, I went with a staggered set of 20's and couldn't be happier. My setup is in the wheel sticky. I REALLY think staggered wheels suit our LS's.....heck ANY rear drive car looks good with staggered setups.

Good luck in your hunt!
Old 03-11-14, 07:22 AM
CJITTY

Received 147 Likes on 110 Posts

Originally Posted by roadfrog
I would love 22's, but alas....I KNOW what they feel like and as my LS is a daily driver, I went with a staggered set of 20's and couldn't be happier. My setup is in the wheel sticky. I REALLY think staggered wheels suit our LS's.....heck ANY rear drive car looks good with staggered setups.

Good luck in your hunt!
Just to add, if you don't want to go staggered with actual different wheel sizes, you could:

A: Get 4 wheels with the same diamter, width and offset. 20x9 with around a 20-25 mm offset will put you pretty much flush with the fenders. Advantage is tire rotation can occur for longer tire life

B: Get 2 wheels with one offset and 2 wheels with a different offset to create different wheel lip depth. Can't rotate the wheels front to back, so tire wear may be a factor.

C: Just get staggered..having that 10.5 to 12" wheel in the back with a 305 wide tire looks so good. I love how staggered looks on my 600hL. I have All Wheel Drive so my front and rear tires although different sizes are still the same overall diameter to keep my system happy
Old 03-11-14, 09:56 AM
Need4Speed
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 52 Posts

The Niche Lucerne in Black Chrome would be amazing.

I would recommend to go with a 20" wheel as the LS is a big body car and it gives just enough tire to be comfortable.

21" wheels are great but tire prices are murder and the tire itself will be thinner in profile which may not provide the ride you want.

All the LS models I have worked on I have placed a staggered setup on it which is what i recommend to provide the best fitment and most amount of rubber possible.

Let me know if i can be of any help to you in any way.
Old 03-11-14, 10:13 AM
is150
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Are you planning on lowering your car?
Old 03-11-14, 12:12 PM
tofu
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by AZGS4
tofu. I was either going to sell on Craigslist or keep as a back up. If you are in AZ and can trade locally I would consider, but probably not worth shipping etc. if you are outside of AZ.
Are you in Tucson or Phoenix?
Let me know when you sell the OEM wheels. Maybe I can get someone to pick them up for me...
Old 03-11-14, 12:22 PM
AZGS4
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Grouchy
A few members who have serious modified LS have stated that 21" is perfect size for the LS. 20" is a bit too small and 22" is a bit too large. The only downside to having 21" in my opinion is that the wheel and tires are more expensive vs 22" wheels/tires.
Originally Posted by CJITTY
Just FYI..keep it to 20" or lower if you want to retain some oem comfort. .I had 20s and felt it was really comfortable. My 22s..def a significant difference, especially on roads that aren't too nice..still nicer ride than most cars. I recommend going to a meet and drive in someone's LS that has 22s to get the best intel possible
Originally Posted by roadfrog

Good luck in your hunt!
Originally Posted by Need4Speed
The Niche Lucerne in Black Chrome would be amazing.

I would recommend to go with a 20" wheel as the LS is a big body car and it gives just enough tire to be comfortable.

21" wheels are great but tire prices are murder and the tire itself will be thinner in profile which may not provide the ride you want.

All the LS models I have worked on I have placed a staggered setup on it which is what i recommend to provide the best fitment and most amount of rubber possible.

Let me know if i can be of any help to you in any way.
Guys. Thanks for all of the solid feedback. I am now convinced to go with 20" wheels...It seems for MY needs it is the best combination of appearance, ride quality and price. I still think 22" wheels look amazing on the 460 and 21" is intriguing , but 21" wheel and tire options seem pretty limited and I don't want to pay through the nose.
Old 03-11-14, 12:26 PM
AZGS4
Intermediate

Originally Posted by CJITTY
....Just get staggered..having that 10.5 to 12" wheel in the back with a 305 wide tire looks so good. I love how staggered looks on my 600hL.
CJITTY. Totally agree with you on the staggered option and the look of the big wide tires in back. I am definitely doing that. Love your 600hL by the way.....so nice.

Quick Reply: My 07 LS460 is ready for new wheels and tires