LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Brembo Brakes Squeel Lexus free repair

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-16, 10:58 PM
Dr. Jekyll
Lexus Champion

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by AustinHusk
Saw a 2015 today and it has the Lexus logo on the brakes (not Brembo)
If it has an F-Sport badge they're Brembos. Mine are and still have LEXUS on the calipers.
Old 02-05-16, 08:43 AM
AznRacer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I recently replaced both front and rear with powerstop pads and got the rotors resurface. So far 500 miles into these pads and no more squeals coming to a stop. Will report back when it reach 5,000 miles.
Old 02-05-16, 09:38 AM
Dr. Jekyll
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by AznRacer
I recently replaced both front and rear with powerstop pads and got the rotors resurface. So far 500 miles into these pads and no more squeals coming to a stop. Will report back when it reach 5,000 miles.
Have you enjoyed the reduced brake dust on your wheels as well?
Old 02-14-16, 02:37 AM
Dr. Jekyll
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by AznRacer
How's the dust build up with the Power Stops?

I see 3 brands here. Carbotech, Akebono and PowerStop which seems to be the favorite here so far. Definitely looking to reduce the black build up on my beautiful forged wheels!
Old 02-15-16, 05:33 AM
gte819s
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

With the powerstops I see some dust but its lighter and there is significantly less of it. With stock pads my wheels would be dark grey after about 200 miles of mixed driving. Now my wheels look no dirtier than the rest of the car after about a month.

I don't know about the other brands but i assume that any ceramic pad would give similar results in terms of dust.
Old 02-15-16, 12:44 PM
Dr. Jekyll
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by gte819s
With the powerstops I see some dust but its lighter and there is significantly less of it. With stock pads my wheels would be dark grey after about 200 miles of mixed driving. Now my wheels look no dirtier than the rest of the car after about a month.

I don't know about the other brands but i assume that any ceramic pad would give similar results in terms of dust.
Thanks for the feedback! Looks I refinery need to find me a set of ceramics after I gave it in for service. I'm going to ask about the TSB and see if that fixes my issue now. I believe the new pads from the TSB are ceramic so I'd just need a set of rears.
Old 03-08-16, 12:57 PM
Scrutator
Pole Position

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

When I took my F Sport in last week for the moonroof replacement I had the dealer check the brakes for the squeal. They pulled up the service history and found that the brakes had been replaced and given the anti-squeal treatment about 5,500 miles ago. They said that there wasn't much they could do about it. When I mentioned that some on this forum had solved the issue with non-Lexus pads the tech said that the aftermarket pads may negatively affect the stopping distance.

I'm not planning to replace the pads until they're due for it but I wonder if anyone's experienced an increase in stopping distance due to non-OEM pads.
Old 03-08-16, 01:12 PM
VIPanda460
Intermediate

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Scrutator
When I took my F Sport in last week for the moonroof replacement I had the dealer check the brakes for the squeal. They pulled up the service history and found that the brakes had been replaced and given the anti-squeal treatment about 5,500 miles ago. They said that there wasn't much they could do about it. When I mentioned that some on this forum had solved the issue with non-Lexus pads the tech said that the aftermarket pads may negatively affect the stopping distance.

I'm not planning to replace the pads until they're due for it but I wonder if anyone's experienced an increase in stopping distance due to non-OEM pads.
OEM Pads bite and stop excellent! Also does a great job dusting all over the place too!

Powerstops has slightly less stopping power but not a deal-breaker as it still brakes quickly.
Old 03-08-16, 01:56 PM
Dr. Jekyll
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by bustarice
OEM Pads bite and stop excellent! Also does a great job dusting all over the place too!

Powerstops has slightly less stopping power but not a deal-breaker as it still brakes quickly.
Am I the only one who would be okay with not seeing a chiropractor daily? I feel the OEM brakes are way too "grabby" as it is.

Don't get me started about the dust!
Old 03-08-16, 02:23 PM
Scrutator
Pole Position

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

Yes, they are a bit grabby. It took me a while to get used to it compared with my previous LS 430. And yes, lots of dust. Never had that before, not even on my Corvette.
Old 03-08-16, 02:54 PM
Dr. Jekyll
Lexus Champion

I've determined that Brembo is owned by the National Association of Auto Detailers
Old 03-08-16, 03:18 PM
AustinHusk
Pit Crew

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Just purchased a lightly used 2015 FSport (black with flaxen interior) and do still hear the squeal but only sometimes. It's weird how that happens and it only happens when braking at speeds <5mph.

Thoughts?
Old 03-08-16, 03:28 PM
Dr. Jekyll
Lexus Champion

[QUOTE=AustinHusk;9398254]Just purchased a lightly used 2015 FSport (black with flaxen interior) and do still hear the squeal but only sometimes. It's weird how that happens and it only happens when braking at speeds
Old 03-19-16, 08:39 AM
qpman
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Brakes

After 2 years and 2 dealer repairs I had a set of carbotech pads along with new rotors installed on my 2014 ls 460 f sport. The brakes are more responsive to the pedal but best of all they don't squeal and it is now a complete pleasure to drive my car.
Old 03-19-16, 12:35 PM
Dr. Jekyll
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by qpman
After 2 years and 2 dealer repairs I had a set of carbotech pads along with new rotors installed on my 2014 ls 460 f sport. The brakes are more responsive to the pedal but best of all they don't squeal and it is now a complete pleasure to drive my car.
That seems to be the most popular option. These can be easily procured from Rock Auto too!

Quick Reply: Brembo Brakes Squeel Lexus free repair