LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Brembo Brakes Squeel Lexus free repair

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-15, 09:16 PM
Tec80
Advanced

Received 126 Likes on 98 Posts

After an 850-mile trip, the Power Stop pads are keepers. No dust, they bite instantly on the freeway at high speeds, and still no squealing. The Akebono ACT1283 rears actually dust more than the fronts. Both pads have excellent feel and modulation, THIS is what the brakes should feel like. Happiness.
Old 07-15-15, 09:50 AM
1BlinkGone
Pole Position

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Tec80
After an 850-mile trip, the Power Stop pads are keepers. No dust, they bite instantly on the freeway at high speeds, and still no squealing. The Akebono ACT1283 rears actually dust more than the fronts. Both pads have excellent feel and modulation, THIS is what the brakes should feel like. Happiness.
That's an awesome report! Thanks for that update.

Old 01-08-16, 11:06 AM
nyczdave
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 14LSSport
Bought a set of front Carbotech™ 1521 pads for my ride. Having dealer install them soon. P/N Fronts: CT1440

The Carbotech™ 1521™ is our high performance street compound. The 1521™ compound is known for its release and modulation, along with unmatched rotor friendliness. 1521™ is also a very low dusting and low noise compound with an excellent initial bite. This compound's excellent linear torque production provides incredible braking force without ABS intervention. Carbotech™ 1521™ operating range starts out at ambient and goes up to 800°F (426°C+). 1521™ is suitable for ALL street cars, perfect for your tow vehicle or fleet vehicle. Carbotech™ 1521™ is NOT recommended for ANY track use.
Can you recommend a website to buy these brake pads? Do they have this for 2016 LS460 FSport?

I replaced the Brembo Brake pads to the Power Stop 161440 but my brakes are still squeaking. So i wanted to try the Carbotech ones.

Thanks
Dave
Old 01-08-16, 11:35 AM
Unsober1
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm sure someone will disagree with this, but something I have done to cure brake noise
I live in Colorado and every so often I drive like a race car driver up and down the mountains. This puts a lot of heat on the brake pads. They will glaze up. Since the brakes are so easy to work on these cars, I pull them out and give a hit with sand paper. Whatever fine grit I have. Just take a light rub to them to take the shine off. And then hit the pads and rotors with brake clean. This will fix just my most common brake noise. And then If that doesn't work. I will spend twice as long and take everything apart and clean and re lube all parts. This has worked every time. When people say they have tried everything, I question that. Go spend $20 at the auto parts store on some products, take it apart and re assemble. It's worked every time for me.
Old 01-21-16, 04:28 PM
Dr. Jekyll
Lexus Champion

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts

Any updates from the original owners who did the TSB from Lexus? TIA
Old 01-22-16, 05:55 PM
Mob4life
Driver

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr. Jekyll
Any updates from the original owners who did the TSB from Lexus? TIA
I recently purchased a 2011 LS460 sport and immediately noticed the break squeal. I bought the car at Lexus Silver Spring and took the car in to have my brakes looked at. They told me that the TSB had already been done and there was nothing they could do. When they gave the car back to me the squeal got worse. So I decided to take it to Lexus of Rockville and explained my situation. Unlike the Lexus dealership that I originally purchased my car from, Lexus of Rockville performed the TSB without fail and the squeal has diminished by 90%. They are also going to replace the driver side seat cover for free because of the abnormal cracks on the seat. Unfortunately not all Lexus dealerships are the same. But I definitely want to thank Lexus of Rockville for showing me how professional and elite they are in taking care of my car. I'll never go to Lexus of Silver Spring again. They declined to replace my driver leather seat cover also.
Old 01-22-16, 06:04 PM
Dr. Jekyll
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Mob4life
I recently purchased a 2011 LS460 sport and immediately noticed the break squeal. I bought the car at Lexus Silver Spring and took the car in to have my brakes looked at. They told me that the TSB had already been done and there was nothing they could do. When they gave the car back to me the squeal got worse. So I decided to take it to Lexus of Rockville and explained my situation. Unlike the Lexus dealership that I originally purchased my car from, Lexus of Rockville performed the TSB without fail and the squeal has diminished by 90%. They are also going to replace the driver side seat cover for free because of the abnormal cracks on the seat. Unfortunately not all Lexus dealerships are the same. But I definitely want to thank Lexus of Rockville for showing me how professional and elite they are in taking care of my car. I'll never go to Lexus of Silver Spring again. They declined to replace my driver leather seat cover also.
What was the sound like? I can hear the brakes when I apply them at low speeds as well as when I release them after a stop. Is this what the TSB is addressing?
Old 01-25-16, 10:00 AM
Dr. Jekyll
Lexus Champion

Anyone want to chime in if its just a squeal or also noise coming from the brakes during low speed stopping and the release of the brakes?
Old 01-26-16, 09:30 AM
AznRacer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I get squeals coming to a stop. I'm going to replace both front and rear with powerstop pads and get the rotors resurface next week. Hopefully it'll help because it's so embarrassing driving around like this.
Old 01-28-16, 05:35 AM
gte819s
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had low speed squeal and a groaning when lift off the brakes. Ceramic front and rear fixed the issue so far.
Old 02-03-16, 01:01 PM
VIPanda460
Intermediate

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts

Got my 15 f-sport off the lot 2-3 months ago and immediately noticed a squeal. Took it back and told me some TSB thing so they changed me out to some updated brembo pads. Drove it a few days then squeal came back. It's random and could be hot or cold and not always but definitely occurs every day somehow. Took it back for them to re-check and said what others have complained that Lexus stated that the noise is normal and nothing else they can do. Even the service manager was saying why pay so much for a car and tell customers it's normal to have brake squeal.

What's weird is I tried powerstop pads and it lessened the noise but eventually a different pitch of squeal occurred so I'm not sure if now the rotors is part of the culprit either. I have now ordered another set of Powerstop pads as well as Powerstop rotors and going to have a clean start and hopefully after all this I can finally get on my day without that annoyance.
Old 02-03-16, 01:16 PM
Dr. Jekyll
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by bustarice
Got my 15 f-sport off the lot 2-3 months ago and immediately noticed a squeal. Took it back and told me some TSB thing so they changed me out to some updated brembo pads. Drove it a few days then squeal came back. It's random and could be hot or cold and not always but definitely occurs every day somehow. Took it back for them to re-check and said what others have complained that Lexus stated that the noise is normal and nothing else they can do. Even the service manager was saying why pay so much for a car and tell customers it's normal to have brake squeal.

What's weird is I tried powerstop pads and it lessened the noise but eventually a different pitch of squeal occurred so I'm not sure if now the rotors is part of the culprit either. I have now ordered another set of Powerstop pads as well as Powerstop rotors and going to have a clean start and hopefully after all this I can finally get on my day without that annoyance.
That's very disappointing to hear. My F-Sport doesn't squeal so much as it does this "brrrrrmmp" when depressing the pedal at lower speed and again upon release.
Old 02-03-16, 01:33 PM
VIPanda460
Intermediate

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr. Jekyll
That's very disappointing to hear. My F-Sport doesn't squeal so much as it does this "brrrrrmmp" when depressing the pedal at lower speed and again upon release.
LOL... brrrrmp... is that some type of grinding/clunking/vibrating sound? Doesn't sound so squealy haha..
Old 02-03-16, 01:45 PM
Dr. Jekyll
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by bustarice
LOL... brrrrmp... is that some type of grinding/clunking/vibrating sound? Doesn't sound so squealy haha..
Yeah it's hard to articulate in words but not really a squealing but it does sound like an issue with the pads. Kinda like not grabbing smoothly and evenly so to speak. You'll have to come and visit for a test ride HAHA
Old 02-04-16, 10:28 PM
AustinHusk
Pit Crew

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Does the 2015 have brembo brakes?

Saw a 2015 today and it has the Lexus logo on the brakes (not Brembo)

Quick Reply: Brembo Brakes Squeel Lexus free repair