LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

LS purchase / 2009 or 2010 or 2011

Old 01-28-14, 07:04 AM
Ironman50
Intermediate

Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts
Default LS purchase / 2009 or 2010 or 2011

Looking to trade my 2008 GS 350 to the LS model.

I don't know much about the LS models.

Which year would you suggest?

Which year has the least issues assuming there are any issues I need to know about?
Old 01-28-14, 09:37 AM
Tee

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts

You guys REALLY need to start using the search feature, and the FAQ sticky located at the top of the LS460 forum. If you don't see something in FAQ you think belongs there please PM me and I will add it to the sticky.

I will start locking redundant threads.

Thanks!
Old 01-28-14, 10:42 AM
roadfrog
Lexus Fanatic

Received 505 Likes on 383 Posts

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if everybody used the search engine and didn't ask questions, you would be out of job; Vendors would diminish and Club Lexus would be gone.

This is a Forum to ask questions and get information from other experienced people no matter how many times the question is asked.
I've always agreed with that (within reason of course). I mean lets face it, every question has already been asked before and then the forum just becomes a datatbase requiring no interaction. Besides, it always opens up new conversation and viewpoints. AGAIN...within reason. I was actually looking forward to reading the responses even though the thought to search and ask the question never occurred to me until seeing it posted here.
Old 01-28-14, 12:08 PM
CJITTY

Received 146 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by etwd

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if everybody used the search engine and didn't ask questions, you would be out of job; Vendors would diminish and Club Lexus would be gone.

This is a Forum to ask questions and get information from other experienced people no matter how many times the question is asked.
That's the dumbest ish I have ever heard..having redundant posts spread all over the place helps absolutely no one!!! Y'all just lazy AF and want to be spoon fed..put some work in and show some damn respect for people who really add value with the time (literally hours) they spend helping ungrateful folks like you..yall newbs are off the chain with your logic sometimes

Last edited by CJITTY; 01-28-14 at 12:27 PM.
Old 01-28-14, 12:45 PM
korlexus
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No comments.
Old 01-28-14, 01:22 PM
ryan78
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Thank you for sharing this - especially the recommendation of the mechanic. It's always nice to hear a professionals point of view regarding a product you are considering to purchase. This small tidbit may push me from the 09 to the 10.
Thanks

2010 is the best year. All problems associated w/ the 07s through 09 were completely ironed out.

I have the 2010 LS (mine) and the 2012 LS (wife). The 10 has never had one problem, while the 12 has been in several times for Nav, Front Brakes, Wood Cracks and idle problems.

I befriended a chief mechanic at the local Lexus Dealership and he told me that the 2010 is the only LS he would buy. The consecutive years were part of the Toyota cost cutting axe measures.

I know this may offend many, but through Arbitration, Lexus is upgrading my 2012 to a 2014 equally equipped without any cost out of my pocket. If that doesn't tell you something.............
Old 01-28-14, 01:58 PM
Nospinzone

Received 406 Likes on 314 Posts

I know this may offend many, but through Arbitration, Lexus is upgrading my 2012 to a 2014 equally equipped without any cost out of my pocket. If that doesn't tell you something.............
No offense and no problems with that. Over the years there have been several members who have gotten Lexus Corporate to take their problematic car back and replace it. In fact members on this forum have helped facilitate that.
Old 01-28-14, 06:03 PM
Ironman50
Intermediate

Tee,

Do you actually have a job / career or monitor this forum 24 - 7?
Old 01-28-14, 06:06 PM
Ironman50
Intermediate

etwd,

Thanks for the comments.
Old 01-28-14, 06:42 PM
CJITTY

Received 146 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by ironman50
Tee,

Do you actually have a job / career or monitor this forum 24 - 7?
Careful yo..he has a full time job that pays his bills, a family to take care of, and volunteers his time for free to be a moderator. These mods dont get paid to put up with BS statements like this..are you about that LS life and want to add value on here and put in that work like we do..or do you just want to troll? Watch your mouth son! Your post appears to be disrespectful to one of the most respected members on here who has been here for many years and works hard to provide and organize information to help many of you ungrateful newbs. Absolutely ridiculous. .unfortunately he's a mod so he can't go in on you like this, but I had to say something..I'm sure others will have plenty to say about this...

Last edited by CJITTY; 01-28-14 at 06:58 PM.
Old 01-28-14, 07:07 PM
PrinceAkim
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have to agree with Jitty, Tee is one of the most respected members on Club Lexus and has been in this for years. I can't simply sit by and allow the disrespect to continue without saying something. Now I will agree there are times when I think a simple question has a simple answer, but at the end of the day, 90% of questions asked have been answered and have a related thread. We definitely encourage healthy conversation within the forum but let's keep out the negativity towards our mods.
Old 01-28-14, 08:37 PM
yeskay
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

hello ETWD:

you provided great information on 2010. wondering why 2011/2012 should cause additional issues if they are same platform based.. did the chief engineer provide any insight why to avoid 2011/2012.

Thanks
Old 01-28-14, 10:03 PM
LexFather

Atlas shrugged....

Because what is happening is simple.. Those that have given and given and given are tired of giving with nothing in return, not even a small thanks... So they post less and less and you get more people posting the same things with fewer answers...

One should do their due dilegence and search first.. It's better for everyone.. Instead people want to get spoon fed and as you can see people are tired...

Tee not only helps the LS forum greatly but he has taken the time to attend countless meets (you know not just hide behind a computer) and ORGANIZE many. He's a tremendous asset..

What if everyone that helps packs their bags and leave?Then what....
Old 01-29-14, 05:21 AM
philj
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LexFather
Atlas shrugged....
Nice literary reference.

I am new to the car forums. I have tried to be careful to observe and learn the proper etiquette. At first I thought that if I didn't have anything valuable to contribute then I should say nothing.

However I see that other people just share their opinions.

Sometimes when I learn something about my car (by searching) for a thread. I'm tempted to say thank you but that would move the thread back to the top of the list and everybody would have to waste their time looking at my thank you post even though I didn't have anything valuable to offer.

What is the proper protocol for keeping the forums active without starting new posts?

I agree we should be polite to each other and not make critical comments today that we will regret tomorrow.

As for the topic here... I loved my 2009 and never had a problem in 78,000 miles. I bought a 13 car because of the new NAV/phone/iPod/and music system work.. I recommend you pay over time and get the car that has those new features.

I have a F Sport. It may not be faster as others have pointed out. but it is more comfortable and has firmer seats like the GS.

thank you for reading..
Old 01-29-14, 06:50 AM
ryan78
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Nospinzone
No offense and no problems with that. Over the years there have been several members who have gotten Lexus Corporate to take their problematic car back and replace it. In fact members on this forum have helped facilitate that.
Nospinzone - I would like to speak with you in regards to this subject. Do you mind a PM?

Thanks

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: LS purchase / 2009 or 2010 or 2011