LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Best Car Ever

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-14, 08:30 PM
Hammer578
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best Car Ever

I have had my 2010 LS for a week now and I can't stay home. The wife is pissed cause I find excuses to just go drive. I have had a Bmw 550, Genesis R Spec and many other cars. Nothing compares total package wise. Loving it!
Old 01-14-14, 08:42 PM
Tee

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts

You are not alone, I know that feeling!
Old 01-15-14, 04:01 AM
hjones4841
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Agreed! There are days when I wish I was not retired and had to commute to work. WAIT, what am I saying???
Old 01-15-14, 04:21 AM
robert1408
Intermediate

Received 36 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by hjones4841
Agreed! There are days when I wish I was not retired and had to commute to work. WAIT, what am I saying???
Recently retired here also and almost one month into an '07 LS. I look for any excuse to drive anywhere!
Old 01-15-14, 05:34 AM
M5canes
Driver School Candidate

Funny how opinions vary. I'm happy that you're happy. I will never return to a lexus dealer after driving and buying a 2013 Audi A8 4.0T. Different worlds. Reliability may eventually be a factor but when you're leasing and long term reliability is not really an issue, the German cars (for me) are WORLDS better in all dynamics. This A8 is an unreal machine. The '13 LS F Sport I recently drove was a loud mule with a poor transmission. Grossly underpowered and although the build quality is very nice and it's a beautiful looking car.... the drivability was for the birds. Good luck with your LS. It's not for everyone.
Old 01-15-14, 06:04 AM
followthep
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats....on the new ride and enjoy it as much as you possibly can. I do understand the feeling of never wanting to stop driving your LS but I hate to tell ya it never goes away..enjoy.
Old 01-15-14, 07:17 AM
jamodeo

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Congratulations on the LS, and welcome to the Lexus family!

-Joe
Old 01-15-14, 08:28 AM
PeteinPA
Intermediate

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Love the enthusiasm, I have an 80 mile daily round trip commute, they only thing that makes it tolerable is my LS.

Enjoy and Welcome to the club. This is a great community of owners that are extremely knowledgeable and helpful.
Old 01-15-14, 08:49 AM
hjones4841
Driver

Originally Posted by M5canes
Grossly underpowered
I do not understand that statement. The LS 460 has been tested at under 6 seconds for 0-60 and about a 14 second quarter mile - times that remind me of 1960s muscle car performance. Plenty enough for me and actually too much at times.
Old 01-15-14, 09:14 AM
korlexus
Driver

Funny how opinions vary. I'm happy that you're happy. I will never return to a lexus dealer after driving and buying a 2013 Audi A8 4.0T. Different worlds. Reliability may eventually be a factor but when you're leasing and long term reliability is not really an issue, the German cars (for me) are WORLDS better in all dynamics. This A8 is an unreal machine. The '13 LS F Sport I recently drove was a loud mule with a poor transmission. Grossly underpowered and although the build quality is very nice and it's a beautiful looking car.... the drivability was for the birds. Good luck with your LS. It's not for everyone.
You are not only one who drives a German car. I've had a mercedes, bmw, and audi(still owns a mb) but honestly audi is nothing but a headache. Like you said, if you just lease a vehicle for 3-4 years then you don't need to worry about anything but it still bothers you everytime you take your car to a dealership. I am not here to judge whether the German cars or Asian cars are better or not. I am just saying an audi is just not for everyone.
Old 01-15-14, 09:26 AM
M5canes
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by hjones4841
I do not understand that statement. The LS 460 has been tested at under 6 seconds for 0-60 and about a 14 second quarter mile - times that remind me of 1960s muscle car performance. Plenty enough for me and actually too much at times.
My Audi, in the same class as the LS, is 4.2 0-60. That's easy to understand.
Old 01-15-14, 09:35 AM
M5canes
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by korlexus
You are not only one who drives a German car. I've had a mercedes, bmw, and audi(still owns a mb) but honestly audi is nothing but a headache. Like you said, if you just lease a vehicle for 3-4 years then you don't need to worry about anything but it still bothers you everytime you take your car to a dealership. I am not here to judge whether the German cars or Asian cars are better or not. I am just saying an audi is just not for everyone.
Absolutely and I respect your opinion. Hope you don't mind objective, at times dissenting opinions. I'm not here to be a hater.
Old 01-15-14, 10:31 AM
jamodeo

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I'm not here to be a hater.
Why ARE you here then? I come to these forums to learn and contribute to our online community. Coming here to play mine is better than yours is childish. If I wanted an opinion on an Audi I would go to the Audi forums and ask a question there.

I don't mean to be rude, its just annoying...

-Joe
Old 01-15-14, 10:49 AM
hjones4841
Driver

My Audi, in the same class as the LS, is 4.2 0-60.
I bet that comes in handy in a daily commute on crowed freeways The LS has enough power to get me into trouble
Old 01-15-14, 11:16 AM
M5canes
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by jamodeo
Why ARE you here then? I come to these forums to learn and contribute to our online community. Coming here to play mine is better than yours is childish. If I wanted an opinion on an Audi I would go to the Audi forums and ask a question there. I don't mean to be rude, its just annoying... -Joe
I love cars. I'm not immune to learn what's going on with the Lexus flagship. Trust me I have no intention of being childish. Counterpoints / opinions should be welcome. I mostly just read anyways.

Regards.

Quick Reply: Best Car Ever