LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Lets see some pics of front lips. Not yours, your LS.

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-13, 06:16 PM
305Busa
Instructor

Received 48 Likes on 28 Posts
Default Lets see some pics of front lips. Not yours, your LS.

I was coming home a few nights ago after a long day at work and all of the sudden, boom, a dog runs out right in front of my car. Hit him with the front passenger side. I pulled over and the dog got up and ran away. Checked the front of my car and the corner was pushed in badly. Fog light pushed in, bumper cover in and fender lining caved in as well. Got it home and managed to get everything g back in place except for the fact that the paint spiderwebbed and there's a long crack on the bumper cover. It's about 4" below the fog light. I'm thinking of just getting a front lip to hide the crack and call it a day. But there so many out, if you guys can help in leaving me in the right direction with some pics or suggestions, it'll be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Old 12-15-13, 05:51 AM
CJITTY
Lead Lap

Received 151 Likes on 113 Posts

I love my Vertex Digna...pics in my autosig and build thread
Old 12-15-13, 10:55 AM
305Busa
Instructor

Looks good and its jus below the fog lights. Might be just what I need. I'm going to look into it now. Thanks CJITTY.
Old 12-15-13, 11:03 AM
Nat
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

My old setup...INGS
Old 12-16-13, 07:45 AM
brianlin87
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

My old set up as well:

Anceltion Fierte:
Old 12-22-13, 07:38 PM
crza81
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Nat
My old setup...INGS

WHat front grille is that? does it fit a 2007? thanks in advance
Old 12-22-13, 07:51 PM
lbintab
Lexus Test Driver

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by crza81
WHat front grille is that? does it fit a 2007? thanks in advance
Wald and yes.
Old 12-25-13, 12:00 AM
PrinceAkim
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Nat
My old setup...INGS
Do you still have your old INGS?
Old 12-25-13, 09:17 AM
is150
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Hopefully with more people buying the LS460 to mod, companies will start providing more front lips, bumpers, etc for us.
Old 01-06-14, 05:27 AM
305Busa
Instructor

Thanks for the info. I'll be looking at all 3 posted shortly and see what I decide. Hopefully they're available near here where I can pick up.
Old 01-06-14, 08:15 AM
Nat
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by PrinceAkim
Do you still have your old INGS?
Yes, I still have my old INGS and Wald rear.
Old 01-06-14, 11:58 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

for the price I think the vertex kit is amazing
Old 02-14-14, 09:53 AM
scottkroug
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can't believe i am already considering a kit but that's how the mods usually go..
My question for those of you that have had these lips and or bumpers from any of these companies is.

How is the fit and finish of the parts?

Is the polyurethane of high quality and not needing allot of help from a body shop to straighten out before painting or is it the typical "close to fitting let the end user fix the problems with the mold"

Do they use factory installation points? IE: pins and clips used just as the factory used to install the bumpers? Are they clearly marked with depressions or is it a guessing game?

When these parts say FRP are they just fiberglass panels and if so how is the fiberglass? Is it chopper or handlaid fabric?

Been through kits in the past but none from any of the companies that make these kits.
Old 02-14-14, 02:54 PM
tnbigdawg
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by scottkroug
I can't believe i am already considering a kit but that's how the mods usually go..
My question for those of you that have had these lips and or bumpers from any of these companies is.

How is the fit and finish of the parts?

Is the polyurethane of high quality and not needing allot of help from a body shop to straighten out before painting or is it the typical "close to fitting let the end user fix the problems with the mold"

Do they use factory installation points? IE: pins and clips used just as the factory used to install the bumpers? Are they clearly marked with depressions or is it a guessing game?

When these parts say FRP are they just fiberglass panels and if so how is the fiberglass? Is it chopper or handlaid fabric?

Been through kits in the past but none from any of the companies that make these kits.
I got a Junction Produce lip kit through Carson. Haven't painted or installed it yet though. It's fiberglass, and I would have to say I expected a tiny bit more from them as far as quality goes. Then again it is one of the lower cost kits available from Japan.

It's fairly straight and well reinforced to the point that it probably just needs a little finishing putty on some areas, reinforcement on some corners, and a high build primer to block sand before painting. It has a couple of stress cracks on the gel coat probably from shipping so that will need to be addressed as well.

I test fitted the front lip, which it about 98% spot on as far as fitment goes. The rear lip was test fitted, but there's some OEM plastic pieces that need to be unbolted to let the lip slide in between it and the bumper which I didn't have time to do. For the most part it seems like a very good fit.

I haven't tested the side skirts though. They're pre-drilled in the factory locations.

Overall, this kit is a whole lot better than those aftermarket kits we used to have on our Hondas during those racer days by far. It will need minor finishing from a bodyshop or someone experienced before paint.
Old 02-14-14, 03:07 PM
Nat
Lexus Test Driver

This INGS front lip is perfect fitment.
Originally Posted by Nat

Quick Reply: Lets see some pics of front lips. Not yours, your LS.