LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Test mule needed / intake

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-13, 05:36 PM
PMIRO2
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Test mule needed / intake

Mods, if I am breaking any rules by posting this, then please close the thread.

Let me start by saying that I do not work for Swift Racing Technologies. I reached out to them this weekend to see if they would have interest in making an intake/ecu combo for the LS460 as it seems that we really do not have many options regarding intakes. I had their intake/ecu on my old GS400. Added a few ponies and sounded great.

They said they would be interested in making one, but they would need a car local to them for testing, fitment, and tuning. Their shop is just outside of Baltimore in Arbutus, MD. The tough part is that they would need the car for roughly two weeks. I am assuming most of us daily the LS, but maybe someone has a weekend warrior they could drive daily for two weeks.

If anyone is local and is willing to entertain this, please let me know.

Thanks

Last edited by DaveGS4; 12-25-13 at 06:24 PM.
Old 12-15-13, 10:04 AM
Devh
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 42 Posts

I live in MD but I have some question on how they plan to tune the car with the intake.

The VVT and intake manifold design is probably at the max potential of getting anymore real world performance without changing the fuel, ignition and cam profile to see any real gains. Also if they deviate from a paper filter in favor of a gauze type it can lead to more particulate in the engine.
Old 12-16-13, 09:32 AM
PMIRO2
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Devh
I live in MD but I have some question on how they plan to tune the car with the intake.

The VVT and intake manifold design is probably at the max potential of getting anymore real world performance without changing the fuel, ignition and cam profile to see any real gains. Also if they deviate from a paper filter in favor of a gauze type it can lead to more particulate in the engine.
Devh, I'll PM you with contact info.
Old 12-16-13, 11:03 PM
LXurious
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

What about 600? I can ship my car as it is my weekend vehicle and I can live without it for 2 weeks. The main thing Ive always wanted is more power.
Old 12-18-13, 07:32 PM
PMIRO2
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by LXurious
What about 600? I can ship my car as it is my weekend vehicle and I can live without it for 2 weeks. The main thing Ive always wanted is more power.
I will ask. Pretty sure the 460 would have more buyers though as it is more common.

I will invite SRT to jump in the conversation here. Not sure if they are a vendor on CL.
Old 12-18-13, 11:55 PM
lbintab
Lexus Test Driver

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

My guess is some might want it for the bling factor. Right now when some of us show our cars all we can show off for engine mods are painted covers. Do you know if it will be developed in a way where it can be showed off because all the intake stuff is under the silver engine cover.
Old 12-19-13, 04:54 PM
PMIRO2
Lead Lap

I have asked the CEO to jump into this thread to answer questions.

LXurious, I told him you have a 600 and have interest.

Lbintab, great question. I don't see why they could not offer a blinged out option, but I'll let the CEO answer if I can get him in here. I had a black nickel intake on my last car that looked pretty good.
Old 12-19-13, 07:06 PM
lieup
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Shibumi1
add me as interested.........more hp is always a plus..if better mpg too even better
Try this:
RS-R RAN✩UP enhances engine efficiency at the microscopic level. Utilizing key components that have been derived from aerospace robotics, this specially formulated mixture of nano ceramics reduces friction throughout all oil-lubricated pares of the engine. This creates an environment where ending performance can reach its maximum potential. The numbers don't lie... RS-R RAN✩UP produces real Dyno proven power!
http://vipautosalon.com/store/index....p-oil-additive
Old 12-20-13, 01:28 AM
LXurious
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by PMIRO2
I have asked the CEO to jump into this thread to answer questions.

LXurious, I told him you have a 600 and have interest.

Lbintab, great question. I don't see why they could not offer a blinged out option, but I'll let the CEO answer if I can get him in here. I had a black nickel intake on my last car that looked pretty good.
I wonder how different the engines are? I assume if you can do for one you should be able to do for another
Old 12-20-13, 07:35 PM
lbintab
Lexus Test Driver

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by lieup
Try this:
RS-R RAN✩UP enhances engine efficiency at the microscopic level. Utilizing key components that have been derived from aerospace robotics, this specially formulated mixture of nano ceramics reduces friction throughout all oil-lubricated pares of the engine. This creates an environment where ending performance can reach its maximum potential. The numbers don't lie... RS-R RAN✩UP produces real Dyno proven power!
http://vipautosalon.com/store/index....p-oil-additive
Carlin has that at Impact Performance. I have yet to try it. I think i will soon. Maybe on the next oil change.
Old 12-20-13, 08:30 PM
PRSUIT460
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

It would be nice if there was an intake made. The Oem one has a lot of piping and doesn't seem ideal.. I'm sure they made it so it was whisper quiet.
Old 12-21-13, 09:51 AM
PMIRO2
Lead Lap

LXurious, if you are serious about shipping your car, shoot me a pm and I can get you in-touch with SRT.

As of this time, we still do not have anyone local who is willing to lend their car for 2 weeks, which is completely understandable.

Last edited by DaveGS4; 12-25-13 at 06:22 PM.
Old 12-25-13, 06:17 PM
PMIRO2
Lead Lap

Lxurious- I pmed you the contact info, although he hit me back saying he is more interested in doing this for the 460. Maybe you guys can work something out.

Lbintab-he said they use a high temp aluminum color paint for their piping and their filter is white media with black silicone. All couplers are black. Sounds like you would need to send it out it make it a show piece.

I asked about having someone just come in over a couple weekends to get this built. Unfortunately, due to work hours, they would still need the car for two weeks. Maybe someone local could go without their car for a few days to get the piping built, and someone else helps out on the tune...
Old 12-31-13, 08:40 AM
RocketSlug
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default This project is a good idea!

I agree that this will sell, especially as more and more used LS460s enter the market, the demand to get the plastic engine covers off and get some gear under the hood (besides painting the engine cover to match the car, or red, or whatever.)

It is the best sounding/bling/cost effective change you can make! Performance might even improve also. Have Swift Racing do it, and definitely.

I would have been on my third GS if they hadn't gotten more squat, so my 6'5" frame had to go the LS. Performance is there, sound is lacking, and the intake, while it does have dual air cleaners, is a Hot Wheel track of loops and at least one dead end (which appears to be some kind of sound muffling device that I want to try taking off.)

I tried to show the flow of the intake in my pic. It goes in, toward the firewall, down through the filter, then forward toward the grill, combines, then down, into the mystery box, and then into the engine.

There has to be a better way, and a new intake will save us!
Attached Thumbnails Test mule needed / intake-ls460-intake.jpg  
Old 01-03-14, 04:54 PM
PMIRO2
Lead Lap

Thanks for the pic Rocketslug. Is the mystery box the one circled in red?

Quick Reply: Test mule needed / intake