LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

A Couple of Repair Questions...08 LS 460

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-13, 09:41 AM
USCRugby
Intermediate

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Default A Couple of Repair Questions...08 LS 460

So I was driving on the highway for about 45 mins and the Tire Pressure System Warning light comes on for 5 mins and then turns off. I then check the tire pressure on all the tires using the console and they are all good to go. I also have Costco put air in my tire at the beginning of every month. Do I need to do anything regarding this?

I have problems with my lights turning off. After reading many threads regarding this topic, I should assume it's a bad door sensor? How much are these? I like to order my parts and then have Lexus fix them.

I started to experience terrible wind noise by the drivers side window last week. I looked into this further and noticed when the windows closed, the small rubber barrier that goes outside the glass gets pinched and wind gets inside the window. It happens at the last second the windows pushes against the entire frame. I have to hold the rubber back and have someone else close the window slowly to reduce this noise. As soon as I roll down the windows and back up, it's going to be bad again. Should Lexus cover this?

I have an 08 LS 460 with 55k miles on it.
Old 11-04-13, 02:28 PM
Nospinzone

Received 407 Likes on 315 Posts

I can't help you with the first two questions. As far as the third one, if you have the Lexus Platinum Extended Warranty, I am certain it is covered.
Old 11-05-13, 12:46 PM
Slvr surfr
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by USCRugby
So I was driving on the highway for about 45 mins and the Tire Pressure System Warning light comes on for 5 mins and then turns off. I then check the tire pressure on all the tires using the console and they are all good to go. I also have Costco put air in my tire at the beginning of every month. Do I need to do anything regarding this?

I have problems with my lights turning off. After reading many threads regarding this topic, I should assume it's a bad door sensor? How much are these? I like to order my parts and then have Lexus fix them.

I started to experience terrible wind noise by the drivers side window last week. I looked into this further and noticed when the windows closed, the small rubber barrier that goes outside the glass gets pinched and wind gets inside the window. It happens at the last second the windows pushes against the entire frame. I have to hold the rubber back and have someone else close the window slowly to reduce this noise. As soon as I roll down the windows and back up, it's going to be bad again. Should Lexus cover this?

I have an 08 LS 460 with 55k miles on it.
Have you checked the spare tire?
Old 11-05-13, 01:24 PM
jmcraney

Received 254 Likes on 194 Posts

I think the part# for the door jamb switch for your car is 8423150190 and the cost is about $20 at a Lexus dealer. A Toyota dealer can probably sell you the part for about half that price.

Here is a link to an online source for the switch: http://www.oemtoyotascionparts.com/o...tch/8423150190

Here is a discussion about the problems associated with switch: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls4...rning-off.html
Old 11-06-13, 10:01 AM
USCRugby
Intermediate

I was locked out of my account for a bad password and couldn't respond. The password retrieval feature on the board was not working correctly. =]

Anyway, even if I press the alarm ON, the lights still stay ON. Very frustrating. The wind noise is driving me insane. Any ideas on what I can expect on a charge?

I am getting my oil changed there on Wednesday and they are going to look the car over. I purchase all my oil at Walmart and bring my own filters. =]
Old 11-06-13, 11:18 AM
jmcraney

Received 254 Likes on 194 Posts

IAnyway, even if I press the alarm ON, the lights still stay ON. Very frustrating. The wind noise is driving me insane. Any ideas on what I can expect on a charge?
The lights-staying-on condition is caused by a defective DRIVER'S DOOR JAMB SWITCH. If you really want to do it on the cheap, you can probably switch the driver's switch with one of the other door jamb switches. A defective switch on any door other than the driver's door will not cause the headlights to stay on except in some very special situations that you are unlikely to encounter. A new part is only about $20 and tools are a T-30 Torx bit, socket and drive. Labor is less than 5 minutes. If you are not a DIYer then go to a Toyota dealer or an independent mechanic and point to the switch and ask how much to change it.
Old 11-06-13, 11:25 AM
USCRugby
Intermediate

Originally Posted by jmcraney
The lights-staying-on condition is caused by a defective DRIVER'S DOOR JAMB SWITCH. If you really want to do it on the cheap, you can probably switch the driver's switch with one of the other door jamb switches. A defective switch on any door other than the driver's door will not cause the headlights to stay on except in some very special situations that you are unlikely to encounter. A new part is only about $20 and tools are a T-30 Torx bit, socket and drive. Labor is less than 5 minutes. If you are not a DIYer then go to a Toyota dealer or an independent mechanic and point to the switch and ask how much to change it.
I will order this today!
Old 11-06-13, 11:42 AM
USCRugby
Intermediate

Also, how much is are they charging for the NAV upgrade? I always use my phone so I see no need on upgrading the NAV esp. when they want HUNDREDS to do it.
Old 11-06-13, 11:48 AM
1Putt
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I have the same issue with the driver's door rubber window seal. 2008 w/ 75k mi. No Lexus extended warranty and no third party warranty.

The problem area on mine is the top 2-3" on the vertical part of the window. With the window rolled down, I pried that portion back with my fingers and held it there in an effort to bring it out more so it doesn't pinch in when rolling up the window. I also tugged at the top corner area of the seal also. I then rolled the window up & down several times and was fine. It's only been a few days, but fine so far... knock on wood. Hopefully it doesn't start going back to bowing inwards again.

If you have the Lexus extended warranty, they should replace the seal under the warranty. To me it's a defect and not a wear and tear issue or item (i.e., rubber cracking, etc.)
Old 11-06-13, 01:04 PM
USCRugby
Intermediate

Originally Posted by 1Putt
I have the same issue with the driver's door rubber window seal. 2008 w/ 75k mi. No Lexus extended warranty and no third party warranty.

The problem area on mine is the top 2-3" on the vertical part of the window. With the window rolled down, I pried that portion back with my fingers and held it there in an effort to bring it out more so it doesn't pinch in when rolling up the window. I also tugged at the top corner area of the seal also. I then rolled the window up & down several times and was fine. It's only been a few days, but fine so far... knock on wood. Hopefully it doesn't start going back to bowing inwards again.

If you have the Lexus extended warranty, they should replace the seal under the warranty. To me it's a defect and not a wear and tear issue or item (i.e., rubber cracking, etc.)
Sounds like we have the exact problem. I rolled down my window the other day and now the noise is bad again! I wonder if I should an extended warranty then try to get that problem fixed or is that too late?

I wonder what the cost associated with that would be to just fix the seal.
Old 11-09-13, 11:48 PM
USCRugby
Intermediate

Anyone know what the cost associated with to fix the seal on the window to prevent this wind noise? Will Toyota do it cheaper?
Old 11-10-13, 02:49 AM
is150
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Anyone know what the cost associated with to fix the seal on the window to prevent this wind noise? Will Toyota do it cheaper?
Could fix it yourself. https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls4...noise-fix.html

Last edited by is150; 11-10-13 at 02:56 AM.
Old 11-10-13, 10:11 AM
USCRugby
Intermediate

Originally Posted by is150
Great link! Above my pay grade!
Old 11-14-13, 10:06 AM
USCRugby
Intermediate

This has been a terrible day! LOL I need some help my friends!

They are charging me $400 dollars to fix the window.

I have less than 60k on my 08 LS 460 and he says I need new Control Arms? This cost is around 4k. What are my options to get this done cheaper? Can I order parts online? ROARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR =[
Old 11-14-13, 10:25 AM
Nospinzone

Received 407 Likes on 315 Posts

I have less than 60k on my 08 LS 460 and he says I need new Control Arms? This cost is around 4k. What are my options to get this done cheaper? Can I order parts online? ROARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR =[
Yes, there are cheaper options. Several members have posted info on this forum. Do a search for control arms. You may have to read through a few threads, but you will find some helpful info.

Quick Reply: A Couple of Repair Questions...08 LS 460