LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Hello and Seeking Purchase Advice

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-13, 03:41 AM
sirwinston
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Hello and Seeking Purchase Advice

Hello Lexus Owners,

I can appreciate sites like this because the uninformed like me can find some good free advice. So for this I say hello and ask for your help, This is my new jump into the luxury market and I am considering a LS 460 that I think is a good deal. It is a 2007 one owner car, seemed to always be serviced at the dealership as the records suggest, and has only 45K miles. My concerns is that (1) it was involved in a small accident (rear quarter) and the bondo job seemed to be a bit shoddy (obvious scratches from 2 feet away), (2) is there something I should be looking for considering the "two good to be true" millage and price at $28,800?

I had teh car shipped from another region of the state and woudl love to take it to a local dealer for an assessment, but I'm afraid that since it is the same company, Autonation, they will just check what is already in the database and not give me a real evaluation. I am considering an indep. mechanic, but don't know any in the Tampa, Fl area. Please help with your sound advice.

It has the Mark Levinson system.

Thanks in advance.
Old 08-29-13, 03:47 AM
CJITTY

Received 146 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by sirwinston
Hello Lexus Owners,

I can appreciate sites like this because the uninformed like me can find some good free advice. So for this I say hello and ask for your help, This is my new jump into the luxury market and I am considering a LS 460 that I think is a good deal. It is a 2007 one owner car, seemed to always be serviced at the dealership as the records suggest, and has only 45K miles. My concerns is that (1) it was involved in a small accident (rear quarter) and the bondo job seemed to be a bit shoddy (obvious scratches from 2 feet away), (2) is there something I should be looking for considering the "two good to be true" millage and price at $28,800?

I had teh car shipped from another region of the state and woudl love to take it to a local dealer for an assessment, but I'm afraid that since it is the same company, Autonation, they will just check what is already in the database and not give me a real evaluation. I am considering an indep. mechanic, but don't know any in the Tampa, Fl area. Please help with your sound advice.

It has the Mark Levinson system.

Thanks in advance.
There are mobile inspection services that will provide a thorough inspection of the car no matter where it is in the country..search on Google for mobile car inspections and you will see plenty

Sent via Club Lexus Mobile App
Old 08-29-13, 04:24 PM
Fhobbs
Intermediate

Received 56 Likes on 35 Posts

Pricing is about right, so probably not any hidden problems reflected in price. I would advise getting a warranty through one of the providers mentioned in threads posted elsewhere on this site. My advise is probably worth what I am paid for it, nothing, as you mentioned.
Old 08-29-13, 05:03 PM
LScowboyLS
Lexus Champion

Received 81 Likes on 39 Posts

I would say that is rather pricey for a 2007 that has had an accident, there is not a shortage of these cars, why not be patient and get a never wrecked "creampuff", especially if you are willing to spend 28K for a 7 year old car!

I think you would be shocked at what it would cost to have that really fixed first class (many $1000's) and it will never be as reliable as a car that has never been wrecked. If it was 15K, maybe, but not 28K

get a subscription to Autocheck (more reliable than CarFax) and then you can check the real history of any car you are considering, and I would avoid used car dealers such as AutoNation, these used car dealers get their cars from the auto auction, and normally that means a problem car, with a checkered past. - I would buy from a private owner, right out of his garage in the fancy quiet neighborhood!

Interior and exterior condition and Autocheck background research is far more important on these cars, as they will easily go 300-400K miles.

Last edited by LScowboyLS; 08-29-13 at 05:06 PM.
Old 09-14-13, 01:33 AM
RandyV
Advanced

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

Be careful of the ML system - they go can go out at any time.