LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Too good to be true?

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-13, 06:04 PM
bezee
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Too good to be true?

Finally able to pull the trigger on a 2010 LS460L but this deal I found looks too good. I'm willing to travel out of state but for the price it seems too good and I rather not waste a trip from NY to ATL for a dud. What do you think....?

2010 LS460L

Last edited by bezee; 08-06-13 at 07:35 AM.
Old 08-05-13, 06:32 PM
Fhobbs
Intermediate

Received 56 Likes on 35 Posts

Link does not work. Bad link.
Old 08-05-13, 09:58 PM
tyrenfroe
Driver

Where the ^%&# is the shift lever ****? But it has Radar Cruise - cool.
Old 08-06-13, 04:13 AM
LouG
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Link works fine......

Maybe it's priced lower b/c it's not a CPO car? They probably bought it for a steal at auction from a lease return. Looks like a nice car, but if I were you I'd arrange for a PPI from a local dealer.
Old 08-06-13, 05:51 AM
bezee
Driver

Originally Posted by LouG
Link works fine......

Maybe it's priced lower b/c it's not a CPO car? They probably bought it for a steal at auction from a lease return. Looks like a nice car, but if I were you I'd arrange for a PPI from a local dealer.
I would definitely do a PPI since there's a Lexus dealer like a mile away...it really seems like a steal. Wish I had a good ole ATL CL member to scope it out for me..
Old 08-06-13, 06:18 AM
waynedog
Pit Crew

Received 31 Likes on 14 Posts

This car is priced about right. Trade in value is around $38k. This dealers moves a lot of cars and prices them attractvely. I live about 3 hours away and have been there but not purchased a car there. They have hundreds of cars in stock - all luxury brands.
Old 08-06-13, 06:18 AM
RodT
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just from the photo's that's a good looking car and seems to be a great deal. I checked nadaguide and the pricing is dead on point the only thing that i see is that you are gonna have to purchase a lexus shift **** but thats a minor issue. I would say before you pull the trigger on the purchase do a Lexus enform vin# check and carfax for the service history just to make sure that there aren't any gaps in service. But with those low miles you can always take it into a Lexus dealership and have them inspect it all under warranty. I say contact the dealer and let them know that you are a serious buyer and make a quick move on this sweet deal before someone else make a move on it. I wish you the best of luck on getting this LS
Old 08-06-13, 06:44 AM
lieup
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Make sure this vehicle wasn't damaged by the flooding cased by Hurricane Sandy.
FYI: Before purchasing the vehicle, I recommended thoroughly examined the interior for water damage on the carpeting and electrical wiring harness.
Old 08-06-13, 07:14 AM
Lexusxoxo
Pole Position

How much was it? Link says car as been removed.
Old 08-06-13, 07:40 AM
bezee
Driver

Originally Posted by lieup
Make sure this vehicle wasn't damaged by the flooding cased by Hurricane Sandy.
FYI: Before purchasing the vehicle, I recommended thoroughly examined the interior for water damage on the carpeting and electrical wiring harness.
Yea ...water damage from sandy has been in the back of my mind as well. I would suspect that would be something Lexus could pick up from having it inspected under warranty?
Old 08-06-13, 07:41 AM
bezee
Driver

Originally Posted by Lexusxoxo
How much was it? Link says car as been removed.
Link is still good...they want $44,999.
Old 08-06-13, 08:24 AM
FrankyBoy
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I"d have it checked out by Lexus for any issues before purchasing. Small fee compared to getting a Lemon. Other than that, the price looks good to me. Jump on it playa!
Old 08-06-13, 08:27 AM
Lexusxoxo
Pole Position

Originally Posted by bezee
Link is still good...they want $44,999.
Thanks.. I guess I'm just iPad dumb because I couldn't get the link to work..
Sounds like a great price.. Good luck I hope you get it!!
Old 08-06-13, 11:34 AM
Tee

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts

They get their cars from the auctions that are coming off lease and sale them at great prices, I picked my moms 2008 RX350 from them still under factory warranty. Nalley Lexus is right down the street from that location (ALM has 2 locations) ALM moves way mor used LS cars than they do because of CPO etc, this car has the same option as my 07 and is rare to find! If I get a chance this week maybe lunch break I will swing by and take a look at it for you, shoot me a PM with your cell.

Sent from my iPhone using IB AutoGroup
Old 08-06-13, 02:05 PM
bezee
Driver

Originally Posted by Tee
They get their cars from the auctions that are coming off lease and sale them at great prices, I picked my moms 2008 RX350 from them still under factory warranty. Nalley Lexus is right down the street from that location (ALM has 2 locations) ALM moves way mor used LS cars than they do because of CPO etc, this car has the same option as my 07 and is rare to find! If I get a chance this week maybe lunch break I will swing by and take a look at it for you, shoot me a PM with your cell.

Sent from my iPhone using IB AutoGroup
Tee I really appreciate the gesture but I called and its already gone. I'm pissed since I saw that car listed over a month ago...but then again I wasn't quite ready at the time. Good to know that u sound like you're semi familiar with this place since I have noticed they have quite a few LS L's and was wondering what was up with them. They have other 2010s but I have certain options I'm looking for so I can wait. ...I guess

Quick Reply: Too good to be true?